Boatright Report Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    WSU will probably have to fire boatright before WSU can get a new basketball coach.
    Do we think Muma has it in him?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Bardo would’ve packed Boatright’s bags yesterday.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

No
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Muma isn’t firing anyone

Comment

Trotting out pie-in-the-sky dream scenarios isn't helpful, unless your mission is to fuel discontent and division.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
              Trotting out pie-in-the-sky dream scenarios isn't helpful, unless your mission is to fuel discontent and division.
              Pie in the sky to get rid of an underperforming AD?

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                If getting rid of Boatright is “pie-in-the-sky”, we might as well start planning our funeral right now.

If we don’t have a president that cares about athletics, then WSU will die a slow painful death.

Poor Bardo must be doing facepalms in his grave as all the momentum he built up is airing out quicker than a Firestone tire.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

1. Last year's success was a curse in disguise. Boatright couldn't not hire IB, especially given all the talk last year about black assistant coaches not getting opportunities for HC jobs.

2. I don't see Muma having the courage to fire DB.

3. The spiral will continue until we can afford to let IB go, and have new, competent leadership.

I was solidly in IB's camp. But this season has exposed so many issues I don't see any hope of righting the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    1. Last year's success was a curse in disguise. Boatright couldn't not hire IB, especially given all the talk last year about black assistant coaches not getting opportunities for HC jobs.

3. The spiral will continue until we can afford to let IB go, and have new, competent leadership.

I was solidly in IB's camp. But this season has exposed so many issues I don't see any hope of righting the ship.
                    Roaring ditto. The success of last year and the constant pleadings from network game commentators like "common Wichita State pull the trigger, give this man a contract and a pen" every game down the stretch gave DB no practical way to not hire IB. Race considerations were too hot and he would have been skewered at the discrimination alter. Further, we were still bleeding from constant player turnover thru the exit-made-easy portal and there was high desire to get pressure on that gaping wound; apparent player contentment was comforting. AND, it was ready made, easy. Many focus solely on the "easy" aspect and lack of backbone to go another way. Elements yes, but it was way more complicated than just that for DB at the time and he's not the guy to buck-up and swim against that kind of tide. Not even sure he has that kind of vision.

No chance Muma has the courage to fire DB. They're kindred spirits who got their jobs in very similar fashion. I've seen no evidence that Muma cares about athletics, or much else, anyway.

Comment

WSU might be on a downward spiral as a whole; not just in athletics.
                      The Assman

Comment

Perhaps I’ve missed it, but has Muma and/or Boat done a long-term plan for athletics? Do they have one? Do they care? What are their fundraising plans? What are the facility plans?

My guess is that neither probably doesn’t even know where to start, especially Boat.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Good points all, especially #1. However, recruiting can change everything. Not that I have any particular inside info, but all it takes is 2-3 legit players, unlike football. As far as I’m concerned, without repercussions as to NIL shenanigans, the f’ing gloves are off on how we get them. So I am not quite as dismal as you.

We need to get a transfer or two this year and work on 23’ immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            WSU might be on a downward spiral as a whole; not just in athletics.
                            False….we are the healthiest state school in terms of enrollment numbers and new research dollars. Some schools are really declining, including K-State. NIAR and WSU Tech effects will be beneficial for a long time.

Comment

Muma and Boatwright are starting to give me images of Armstrong and Perklins and how those two guys pretty much blew up WSU athletics by one of them not caring and the other being incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

For fear of getting banned, I will refrain from what I thought of when I first read this.

Comment

Working...
                                X