Norfolk State at Wichita State Game Thread 12-11-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    Craig does some things well. Starting the offense not among them. Too slow and un intimidating bringing the ball up and again, no threat to score.
    Most of this team is just a threat to shoot.

At least he generally takes care of the ball and gets things going and looks to pass to others.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Pretty good 2nd half offensively for the Shocks so far. 6 assists on 9 baskets. Let's keep it going guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Most of this team is just a threat to shoot.

At least he generally takes care of the ball and gets things going and looks to pass to others.
        Ok but you have to be a threat or it’s 5 on 4. The preface “at least” I hope isn’t this programs new standard.

Comment

His at least is so much better than every other player in what I described. You'd rather have someone who makes more poor decisions but hits a few more shots?

At least he doesn't force bad shots either. He has a nice looking shot. You have to think he'll start knocking down a few at dome point. He also plays really good D and is still the best PG we have on the roster.

Still brings a lot more positives than negatives.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Offense seems to flow better with ETN out. I think they defer to him too much when he's out there. Good passing the last few possessions.

Comment

These refs might as well be sleeping on the court.

Comment

Our point guard play is very inconsistent

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  His at least is so much better than every other player in what I described. You'd rather have someone who makes more poor decisions but hits a few more shots?

At least he doesn't force bad shots either. He has a nice looking shot. You have to think he'll start knocking down a few at dome point. He also plays really good D and is still the best PG we have on the roster.

Still brings a lot more positives than negatives.
                  Ok

Comment

Mo got away with one

Comment

Sure makes the offense look better when some shots start falling. Thought the second half looked much better.

Comment

Close just said this team will be fighting for the conference championship at the end of the season…What conference are we in?

Comment

second half was entertaining

Comment

Still not the prettiest offense but I will take 18 assists on 25 baskets any day.

Start knocking down our 3's a little better and maybe make our layups and the offense would look prettier.

But I did think the Shocks took a step in the right direction tonight but still have a ways to go.

Comment

Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Norfolk State Spartans NCAAM game from December 11, 2021 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

7 assists for Porter

Comment

I saw improvement. Norfolk State is a decent team and are well coached. Other than the stretch where we set basketball back about 50 years, we shared the ball better than we have all season. With the exception of one airball, Tyson’s misses were good looks.

IB’s substitution patterns are still a work in progress. The tendency is to script them and I think this team is hard to do that with.

The fact Kenpom had us as 18 pt favorites is almost fraudulent.
                                Last edited by shoxlax; December 11, 2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X