Norfolk State at Wichita State Game Thread 12-11-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Still not the prettiest offense but I will take 18 assists on 25 baskets any day.

Start knocking down our 3's a little better and maybe make our layups and the offense would look prettier.

But I did think the Shocks took a step in the right direction tonight but still have a ways to go.
    Good take.

Comment

Always love a win
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Ball movement was improved. Got to the rim and finished our fair share. Eliminate the stupid 7-8 minute droughts and we can start going downhill again.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

2nd half line: 15-28 (53.6%) from the field including 5-9 (55.6%) on three pointers, 7-7 from the free throw line. 10 assists on 15 baskets vs only 3 turnovers.

Longest scoring drought was 2 minutes.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 11, 2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Craig with 7 assists and Ricky with 6 assists.

Comment

I'm ok if we never give Norfolk State the privilege of coming to Koch Arena for a check again.

Comment

Wasn’t able to watch the game but how can Tyson have zero assists? The guy draws so much attention there should be people open everywhere! That will be my focus when watching this game, already having the stats in hand.

Comment

Positives - We Won - MO is playing more aggressive every game as as well as our younger players - I don't believe Mo missed a FT -- Dexter seems to be getting his shot back - Shot selection was more under control even though we went through two periods periods where we stank.

We still have a long way to go but we should continue to improve and correct some of our problem areas over the next several games.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    No band tonight?
                    Thanks Biden.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      No band tonight?
                      Sent them home for the break. Might use Alumni band during break.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Sent them home for the break. Might use Alumni band during break.
                        Interesting. First time I can remember there not being a band

Comment

My PRE game prediction was 73-60, 18 assists and ten turnovers and TE getting
                          baskets when not needed so much. Pretty darn close if I do say so. Having said
                          that, for me, the most disappointing play of the entire night had a positive outcome
                          with TE nailing a three, HOWEVER, it came on a steal by RC and then a fast break
                          as RC dished it on the wing to TE. TE nails a three BUT he should have quickly
                          returned a pass right back to RC for a drive and slam dunk. Mo getting his jo back
                          on offense but still gets lost on defense occasionally chasing the ball out of the
                          paint. RC was POG in my books. Still pretty disappointed in the half court
                          offense overall. KP with only seven minutes AND they were good minutes !
                          Very unhappy with his PT - IB better keep that kid happy and on board.

Comment

My thoughts:

It appears that Isaac has installed a new offense. Looks like motion, with the intention of creating iso at every position until there is a break down or a favorable defensive matchup. Minimal screens, emphasis on speed.

there appears to be only one or two installed plays. Otherwise it looked like a motion drill with about 4-5 motion patterns. Some patterns worked better than others. I’m not really a fan of 5 players around the arc but Udeze happened to be the driver and made it work.

Fast breaks were much improved. More improvement is needed but progress is good.

Norfolk was cheap at the end. Craig was not impressed.

if this is the building block for the offense, I’ll take it. I’m curious to see how it progresses over the next few games.

this defense will win us games our offense won’t.

Overall, I am far more pleased with Isaac after this game than I have been in the past. This is the first bona fide stamp Isaac has put on the team as a coach. They were more disciplined and TE played within the offense. this game was meat and potatoes. Nothing fancy except some of the stupid individual efforts, like the rock the baby lay up Ricky tried.

PS- less qua, more Craig.

EDIT: these observations started in the second half. The first half was a lot of standing around and disjointed offense. No bueno.
                            Last edited by shock; December 11, 2021, 09:19 PM.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Much better ball movement tonight. C4 needs to play more minutes. That kid can score and dish. TE played within the offense for the most part. I didn’t like the ISO at the end of the first half. He went to soon and gave them a cheap basket. The coaching staff has more time to work with the team since finals are over. I expect to see improvement.
                              Last edited by WeWillShockU2; December 11, 2021, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Paul Miller was in the house tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X