Wichita State at Missou Game Thread 11-26-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    We are looking at fools gold. We ain’t going to win AAC games playing like that. That is the worst MU team I have ever seen.
    Perhaps it is "fools gold", but I remember another Shocker team that made teams look really bad and won some games people thought they shouldn't have.

Great defense makes teams looks bad and often makes the game look ugly,

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Perhaps it is "fools gold", but I remember another Shocker team that made teams look really bad and won some games people thought they shouldn't have.

Great defense makes teams looks bad and often makes the game look ugly,
      But good defense doesn’t cause you to miss 11 of your 20 free throws and commit 18 turnovers.

Comment

• I remember one time they actually passed the ball on transition in the front court. It was a 4-on-1 break and the pass went to the 1, not any of the 4. That's quite an unintended accomplishment.

Comment

• I was happy that we finally have an obvious starting point guard. CP played 26 minutes and had 4 assists and 2 turnovers. One of his turnovers was a travel caused by MO trying to take a rebound away from him and causing him to travel. He could have many more assists if the guys were finishing. He looks to make plays first and score second. The team only had 8 assists total and we have to get that fixed.
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

But good defense doesn’t cause you to miss 11 of your 20 free throws and commit 18 turnovers.
            Clannnnnnnng! And another transition blooper. Good defense can only carry you so far if your going to shoot bricks at the free throw line and make stupid plays in transition. Wait? Another wide open 3 pointer missed. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Turrible

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                Is the fast break being coached and practiced?
                It certainly doesn't look like it, in fact, most of our guys don't look like they have ever been coached on it. However, in the post-game show Bob Hull asked HCIB to do him a favor and work on that aspect of the game. HCIB said they would be doing that at their next practice.

I have no idea how much the Shockers have worked on this but if this team was going to try play a faster tempo and score more in transition you would think this would have been a major focus in practice this year for sure.

The Shocks either need to get a lot better in transition offense or a lot better in their half court offense although doing both would be nice. I think we did make some progress in our half court offense tonight at least when Craig Porter was in the game and we weren't just handing the ball to ETN for and a one-on-one iso.

Hopefully, some of the other guys will see that CP was the player of the game without scoring a point and will follow his lead. If Craig and Tyson continue on their present paths Craig will be the leader of this team although the Shocks will be much better if Tyson and Craig share that role collectivley. At this point Craig is making his team better. Tyson is not IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It certainly doesn't look like it, in fact, most of our guys don't look like they have ever been coached on it. However, in the post-game show Bob Hull asked HCIB to do him a favor and work on that aspect of the game. HCIB said they would be doing that at their next practice.

I have no idea how much the Shockers have worked on this but if this team was going to try play a faster tempo and score more in transition you would think this would have been a major focus in practice this year for sure.

The Shocks either need to get a lot better in transition offense or a lot better in their half court offense although doing both would be nice. I think we did make some progress in our half court offense tonight at least when Craig Porter was in the game and we weren't just handing the ball to ETN for and a one-on-one iso.

Hopefully, some of the other guys will see that CP was the player of the game without scoring a point and will follow his lead. If Craig and Tyson continue on their present paths Craig will be the leader of this team although the Shocks will be much better if Tyson and Craig share that role collectivley. At this point Craig is making his team better. Tyson is not IMHO.
                  Was I dreaming or didn't IB say during the preseason that we were going to be doing a lot of lobs this year. Don't know that I've seen one.

Comment

• This board is getting crankier in its old age.

Defense was very good. Hustle and effort off the charts good. Oiffense and spacing was better a lot due to Porter.

Transition offense is in our heads now. The only two guys I trust with the ball leading a break right now are Craig and Tyson. IB ought to ban anyone else from leading one. Free throws seem to be contagious, both good and bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Maybe we could petition the NCAA to allow Mo to dribble using both hands
                      Maybe a baby step or shuffle also stickum on the hands

Comment

• We were horrible. Luckily Myzoo was horrible-r.
                        "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Offenses often look bad this time of year. The good teams get better and don't even look like the same team by January and February.

There are a few on here that would not be happy with our coaching staff even if we won the Natty. Some bitter people that are starting to remind me of UConn's message board.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            This board is getting crankier in its old age.

Defense was very good. Hustle and effort off the charts good. Oiffense and spacing was better a lot due to Porter.

Transition offense is in our heads now. The only two guys I trust with the ball leading a break right now are Craig and Tyson. IB ought to ban anyone else from leading one. Free throws seem to be contagious, both good and bad.
                            I agree the spacing was better. Nice job Shox.
                            Porter was excellent although if who ever made the three pointer when Porter had an easy dunk at the rim, we would have come unglued. His athleticism has been fun to watch. Reminds me of Rob Baker.
                            Tyson unfortunately is a volume scorer.
                            Although Mo is a turnover machine he actually did a better job of letting the game come to him. On those rare occasions when he is positioned with the ball on the low block he does have 1 move that works from time to time. He also has a knack of finding the seams when we get penetration for easy layups or dunks.
                            Pleasant is invisible and has been all year. Swing and miss.
                            Dex is one dimensional, so his defense has to be spot on each game.
                            If Council attempts one more one-handed offensive move I will throw up.
                            We all are exited about Pohto. He has so many attributes. With time and body strength he will be amazing.
                            Love Jackson's motor, but it backfires on occasion. I will take him in spades over Pleasant however.
                            Qua is hit or miss at this point. I think his upside is high though, but for now Porter is the go-to PG.
                            Jenkins needs more floor time, but it is hard because we can only play 5 at a time.

Comment

• Ah yes, the struggles of a young 5-1 team that was almost 6-0…The season is lost. I cannot believe we didn’t destroy P-5 Missouri by 30 at their place! Come on….

I can understand “in the game / in the moment” anger and disbelief posts as I do it all the time. But If this is how we celebrate a win the day after, then this board needs serious mental health checks.

Comment

• I listened to the game while driving (and watched some on the ESPN app) - are there video highlights to be found anywhere other that Eldridge's twitter videos how WSU screwed up some fast breaks?

Comment

Working...
                                X