No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Missou Game Thread 11-26-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I'd obviously prefer for us to be a well-oiled machine, I'm actually kind of glad that what we are struggling with are things that should be within our direct ability to fix and not fundamental holes that others are exploiting. Maybe we will ultimately have some of those issues as well and not fixing the simple stuff will bite us if we don't address it, but being able to win on the road while playing poorly bodes well if you do indeed clean up the basics.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Remember when we used to laugh and laugh about how the other teams just had an “off night“ every time they played us? But now we don’t buy into that anymore either I guess?
      Last edited by shock-it-to-me; November 27, 2021, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
        Moved up 10 spots in kenpom to 58.
        How in the world? I mean I'm glad we moved up...but beating a bad Mizzou team moves us up that much? Was it simply because it was a road win?
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

How in the world? I mean I'm glad we moved up...but beating a bad Mizzou team moves us up that much? Was it simply because it was a road win?
          We moved up 4 spots, not 10. We were 62 entering tonight and now at 58.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Two things can be true at once.

MIZZOU was bad.

WSU was part of the reason why.

You’re aware they beat a team… in the American… picked ahead of us…. On a neutral floor, right?
            Don't go over anyone's head like that.

I'll take a win over Mizzou in their gym vs. losing to a team that lost 3 consecutive HOME games to UMass Lowell, Lipscomp by 19 (yes), and Austin Peay. Even a Valley team wouldn't plummet to such a crash as that. I ain't worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
              My starting 5. CP, TE, KP, JP, then whoever can block out, not turn the ball over, and play unselfishly. Not sure who that is.
              DD
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Nice win. Porter and Pohto look really good. Rebounding seems to not be a problem, but turnovers, fast breaks, free throws, and BBIQ are. We should have won by more than 20, and our metrics would look even better. Plenty to work on.

Comment

• Couldn't beat many teams with that kind if sloppy play on offense and careless.
                  Eight assists and 18 turnovers equals a loss unless your playing Missouri.
                  Porter had four assists and the rest of the team four. Really bad.
                  TE has to be more consistent. His offensive numbers are really pretty average.

Comment

• I will join the rest on here in saying Porter looks like the best player last night and the BEST option as our pint guard this year. Qua started out in my opinion neck and neck with Porter but struggled last night. Looked like he was trying to WAY too much. Pohto was good in the minutes he played everyone else was MEH. Here's hoping we can finish free throws and fast breaks down the line here. That was one fugly game. Go Shocks

Comment

• So I was wrong, WSU isn't the worst team in the country on transition offense. Taylor Eldridge reported they are 355 of 358.

Comment

• kind of a shitshow
                        Last edited by pinstripers; November 27, 2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Maybe we could petition the NCAA to allow Mo to dribble using both hands

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Yes, road games are always rated as harder than neutral or home wins. We were projected to win by a very thin margin or perhaps lose (I can’t remember), but because we exceeded the per possession margin projected, we moved up. The opposite happened for us when we beat JSU and South Alabama by less than predicted on a per possession basis; we moved down a little.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• The Eagle has an embedded video of coach’s post game interview (shot from the court). For all those wondering if coach has a plan or understands what it takes to win… just watch. WSU won because of the team executed the game plan. WSU didn’t blow Mizzou out because of items coach has a plan for.

Good win last night. Took care of business and got some good game film to demonstrate the opportunities for improvement.

Note: those last few years in the valley (with Ron, Fred and company) we were dropping games like this and UNLV game. We got to appreciate this teams effort, togetherness and grit.

How Craig Porter helped Wichita State basketball to win at Missouri without scoring

Comment

• For as much as I am not a fan of Taylor cheerleading sometimes, he was pretty blunt with his evaluation of this game, particularly our transition offense.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X