Wichita State at Missou Game Thread 11-26-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post

Oh, I am the drama queen? Listen to yourself. Get a life man.

Go Shox!
    Damn...to much sugar over the holiday. Hope you take things better going forward.

Comment

• Fool's gold? Distinct possibility. We should go about 10-2 going into conference play.
      I think our first game at ECU will be crucial. Lose that and we could be looking at an
      0-3 start. With TE taking a fourth of the teams total shots he will have to shoot much
      MUCH better in conference play. I'm tired of hearing announcers rave about very
      mediocre shooting. If the team is going to dance or even get an NIT invite TE has to
      raise both his FG% and 3 PT shooting percentages at least 10%. Either that or there
      has to be dynamic improvement somewhere else. Where could that come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Fool's gold? Distinct possibility. We should go about 10-2 going into conference play.
        I think our first game at ECU will be crucial. Lose that and we could be looking at an
        0-3 start. With TE taking a fourth of the teams total shots he will have to shoot much
        MUCH better in conference play. I'm tired of hearing announcers rave about very
        mediocre shooting. If the team is going to dance or even get an NIT invite TE has to
        raise both his FG% and 3 PT shooting percentages at least 10%. Either that or there
        has to be dynamic improvement somewhere else. Where could that come from?
        For clarity, is that 10% increase in "made shots" (an increase to 36-37% in 3pt / 39% FG) or in "overall shooting %" (an overall increase to 43% in 3pt / 45% FG)? I'd think 36-37% from 3 and 45% FG are maybe the most reasonable to expect.

Comment

• I'd take 45% period and he is a long way off right now. Other aspects of TE's
          game are very average, as well. Doubt he will ever get there. I think the
          possibility of dynamic improvement would be DD. He is streaky and needs to get
          hot at the right times like he did at Houston last year. That or maybe KP will
          start knocking down 3's..........a lot to ask of a Fr

Comment

• We NEED DD’s offense to be a contender. We can’t roll out Porter, who doesn’t shoot, Mo, who forces things and turns the ball over, Pleasant?, LOL, and Etienne as a first string and expect to do a lot of damage. All you have to do is double TE and MU. DD must hit his shots. Porter really needs to start hitting some shots as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              We NEED DD’s offense to be a contender. We can’t roll out Porter, who doesn’t shoot, Mo, who forces things and turns the ball over, Pleasant?, LOL, and Etienne as a first string and expect to do a lot of damage. All you have to do is double TE and MU. DD must hit his shots. Porter really needs to start hitting some shots as well.
              The last 2 games, I believe Porter was putting his most effort into being more of a PG and less a shooter. He scored 11 against Arizona and was 8-18 / 2-4 / 3-4 in his first 4 games averaging 5+ points in around 20 mpg. He also had 12 rebounds in the last 2 games (3rd on the team for the season) to go along with his 7 assists and 2 blocks. He's doing fine comparatively.

You are spot on about DD. If he's not scoring, the team cannot afford to roll out Pleasant and his 3 ppg and 20 mpg.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                WSU has outrebounded every team but Arizona (one of the biggest teams in the country) and have more offensive board than every opponent except Mizzou last night.

I'm very happy about that. I'd love them to be great at everything, but rebounding is a key in my opinion. I think the things we're not good at yet (and those things are numerous) are more easily corrected.
                Yep

Comment

• The foundation of WSU basketball is defense and rebounding. Rebounding is improved this year and the defense is good. I don’t view either as a finished product but they are a solid base to build on.

The offense looks more fluid to me the last couple of games.

Things are improving even its still a little uneven overall.

Comment

• Why are guys playing that play out of control and turn the ball over on a regular bases; And allowing a player in at the end of a game if they can't make free throws 45%, those players should run spriits and shoot 2 free throw and run again and repeat it for 15 min per day on their own.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X