Wichita State at Missou Game Thread 11-26-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
    We suck at a lot of things. Fortunately, one thing we're pretty damn good at is winning.

If we could just clean up a few fundamental things - fast break execution, free throws, ball movement...this team has sweet 16 upside with a good draw. Unfortunately if we don't get better in a few areas we'll be sweating out games vs USF, ECU, and Tulane. Time will tell.

P.S. How about that Craig Porter guy?? Way to go kid!!
    Nice work on scouting him a couple of years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Porter was the difference in this game.
      Didn't score a point, but 7 rebounds, 4 assists (should have had more but his mates couldn't finish his nice feeds), 2 blocks and some serious bad ass defense on the point.
      The Mizzou PG did not want to see him waiting for him in the front court each possession.
      Noted that Etienne goes to him a lot during the game. I think the trust factor is pretty obvious between the two of them.

That is all.
      It should have been 3 blocks, but one of his clean blocks was called a foul.

Comment

• We are looking at fools gold. We ain’t going to win AAC games playing like that. That is the worst MU team I have ever seen.

Comment

• How can we have so few players who can dribble the basketball.
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Love the win. Especially over Mizzou/SEC team. However, I may totally amd financially sponsor my 70+ yr old jr high coach to teach these guys how to run a fast break.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
              We are looking at fools gold. We ain’t going to win AAC games playing like that. That is the worst MU team I have ever seen.
              Two things can be true at once.

MIZZOU was bad.

WSU was part of the reason why.

You’re aware they beat a team… in the American… picked ahead of us…. On a neutral floor, right?

Comment

• I will take the win but it was ugly. Why can’t we shoot fricking throws and finish a fast break???????

Comment

• My starting 5. CP, TE, KP, JP, then whoever can block out, not turn the ball over, and play unselfishly. Not sure who that is.

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Moved up 10 spots in kenpom to 58.

Comment

• If you thought this game was ugly, USC is leading San Diego State at the half 22-15. The teams are a combined 16-56 from the field and 4-12 from the free throw line.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Is the fast break being coached and practiced?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Two things can be true at once.

MIZZOU was bad.

WSU was part of the reason why.

You’re aware they beat a team… in the American… picked ahead of us…. On a neutral floor, right?
                            If you want to look at this through Rose colored lenses, fine. I have been accused of being a sunshine pumper before but there is no good face to put on this. Every time we got a turnover we either threw it away or threw it to Mizzou. Our offense was anemic most of the game. We may have played some good defense but our luck will run out if we don’t fix the break and the offense.

Comment

Is the fast break being coached and practiced?
                              Incorporate the 3on2/2on1 drill into practice for about 30 min every day for the next 2 weeks. Every turnover or bad shot is charted and receives negative reinforcement after practice.

Sometimes basketball is a simple game. We do some of the hard things exceptionally well. If we can get good at being simple.....

Comment

If you want to look at this through Rose colored lenses, fine. I have been accused of being a sunshine pumper before but there is no good face to put on this. Every time we got a turnover we either threw it away or threw it to Mizzou. Our offense was anemic most of the game. We may have played some good defense but our luck will run out if we don’t fix the break and the offense.
                                You: This win is trash, won’t get American wins like this.

Me: MIZZOU has already beaten (supposedly) good AAC teams

You: You’re a sunshine pumper.

That’s not wearing rose colored glasses. That’s just a fact. Nitpick away on whatever. You’re probably not even wrong!

But this board is mostly off the rails with criticism during a stretch where we are certainly winning a lot.

I’ll throw down negatives when they’re warranted. However, road wins at P5 schools where our KenPom jumps double-digits afterward doesn’t really enrage me.

Comment

Working...
                                X