No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Southern Alabama Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine if the public address announcers had asked the crowd to not "fart" instead of not to "whistle"?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      2) There are a number of Mo defenders on here and I appreciate the positive support. But Mo is Mo and he continues to make some of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen. He has been there now for 4 years and still does some of the same dumb things he did as a Freshman.
      Mo defender here and I completely agree. That being said…

Better days are ahead for him.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Isaac Brown made it clear he is ride and die with Tyson Etienne, despite the star feeling ill and not shooting well. “I don’t think the Golden State Warriors would take Steph Curry out if he was feeling sick.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Isaac Brown made it clear he is ride and die with Tyson Etienne, despite the star feeling ill and not shooting well. “I don’t think the Golden State Warriors would take Steph Curry out if he was feeling sick.”

Comment

• Ugh...big diff

Comment

Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

That would be a bad coaching mistake at this level. TE is an outstanding player, but he literally about shot us to an L today.

Comment

Yeah, I don't watch that
                Me either.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  1. First, I'll preface my comments by saying I have had too much Makers - Teams fault
                  2. Enough TE excuses - he was awful today and two of the last four games. Not an NBA player
                  3. Give me Pohto, DD, RC4, TE and QG..........those are our best five with CP, MO, Monzy and
                  JP subbing
                  4. Team is under achieving as well as the coaching staff
                  5. TE shot 37% from the field last season and just under 40% from deep - lots of shooter can do that
                  6. I can live with DD's offense/shooting cause he plays good D
                  7. Starting Photo would motivate Mo
                  8. RC and QG were our best players today
                  9. Offense looks like crap and defense at times,as well
                  10. Coaches better get engaged
                  Your go to is Makers, mine is Captain. And the Captain is high on the seven seas tonight.
                  TE felt and played bad tonight. Although I believe he has NBA talent, he is not an NBA no-brainer yet.
                  I agree with your take on our best 5.
                  The coaching staff sucked today...we don't have the players to rise above bad coaching.
                  TE can and needs to tighten up his offense and lock down on defense as well.
                  DD is rock solid on the defensive side...we need him to be a consistent offensive threat through shooting in rhythm shots and pushing his new-found ability to create.
                  Don't get me started on Mo. Pohto for President.
                  RC is good as long as he doesn't hurt himself patting himself on the back and loafing on defense sometimes. QG is my favorite new player by far. Love the kid.
                  Offense is crap. We show no rhythm at all. Defense is average at best.
                  I am concerned with our coaching...period.

Comment

• As far as coaching goes…

a lot of our sets worked, but players either fumbled the catch, rushed the lay-up, or got blocked by a nice play from the defense. On top of that a lot of wide open looks were missed. Those plays go in and everyone comes away thinking the offense was functioning well.

On defense, for 35 minutes we fell into the Gregg toughness trap. We kept turning up the ball pressure because we think toughness will win the game. Sometimes this only helps the opponent.

With that stated the adjustment was finally made and one might think HCIB waited to use the zone when it would best work and limit USA’s ability to effectively adjust.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      As far as coaching goes…

a lot of our sets worked, but players either fumbled the catch, rushed the lay-up, or got blocked by a nice play from the defense. On top of that a lot of wide open looks were missed. Those plays go in and everyone comes away thinking the offense was functioning well.

On defense, for 35 minutes we fell into the Gregg toughness trap. We kept turning up the ball pressure because we think toughness will win the game. Sometimes this only helps the opponent.

With that stated the adjustment was finally made and one might think HCIB waited to use the zone when it would best work and limit USA’s ability to effectively adjust.
                      Yeah, No

Comment

• DD TE and MU shot 5 for 26 in this game. In 2 games this year DD is 2 for 12 for 3 point shots.. And TE is also 2 for 12 for 3 point shots. Yikes. How long will this continue?

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          As far as coaching goes…

That's about the only way to put a positive spin on it. We better hope IB figures out how to make some sort of effective offense out of the players he's got because I doubt the athletic department can afford paying two buyouts, although IB's is small for a couple years, as I recall.

This letting inferior teams hang around and winning close games is skating on thin ice. I'm starting to think Pomeroy was on to something last year with the "Luck" factor he assigned to WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

That's about the only way to put a positive spin on it. We better hope IB figures out how to make some sort of effective offense out of the players he's got because I doubt the athletic department can afford paying two buyouts, although IB's is small for a couple years, as I recall.

This letting inferior teams hang around and winning close games is skating on thin ice. I'm starting to think Pomeroy was on to something last year with the "Luck" factor he assigned to WSU.
                            Well IB’s offense was 40+ spots better than HCGM’s last two teams. This despite not having a player like Jamie to dominate the paint.

Comment

• We will see how the season plays out but it seem one result of the new transfer rule may be more parity in college basketball. While the Power 5 though it would make the lower level leagues farm systems for them to pick and choose from, it didn't occur to them that the talent they were stockpiling would transfer too those schools.

Comment

• On IB going to the zone. How long do you all think it would have taken GM to go to the zone and how long would he have stayed in it?

Instead of making an adjustment when the 3 was hit against it, GM would have immediately went back to man and not played it again for several games. i know because he did this several times.

I agree we should have went to zone sooner and I don't understand the reluctance most college coaches have to play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X