Kenny Pohto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Ok. Let's play that game. Let's say Kenny finishes the year as he has played this last month. What's it gonna take to keep him here? Assuming he isn't wanting to leave due to any other factor. I have no earthly idea. Somewhere between $0 and Drew Timme's $2 million.
    A case of Swiss Army knives?
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Ok. Let's play that game. Let's say Kenny finishes the year as he has played this last month. What's it gonna take to keep him here? Assuming he isn't wanting to leave due to any other factor. I have no earthly idea. Somewhere between $0 and Drew Timme's $2 million.
      We need to get a coalition of Lindsborg businesses!

Comment

OK, we know that next year we lose Porter, Poo, Gus, and Ramos (maybe Brown). Coming back are likely Colby Rogers, JP, Flanigan, Bell, and Ballard. Question marks are KP, Isaac, Ricks, Scott, and Walton. We probably need to keep some/most of them.

Comment

KP and Walton is enough for me. If JP's dad goes I would think he will also.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            KP and Walton is enough for me. If JP's dad goes I would think he will also.
            Not his dad. Pierre is a common name In Louisiana

Comment

asiseeit had me going for a second; my first thought was, no wonder JP gets a longer leash and can jack it up at will.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

KP is a keeper. That means keep him! In hopes we improve upon getting more touches for him. Yes , he is improving, even against the better teams.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

How many of these players will be staying after a coaching change?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If there is any player I think is likely to stay, I think it's Pohto.

For those who insist that the current coaching staff has no ability to develop players, Pohto had absolutely no skills or experience playing at a low post, back to the basket player. He was a perimeter player. Pohto is developing a low post game and is starting to show some quality moves down low. He's not efficient with bunnies, but he's uncanny with tipping in or rebounding and scoring on putbacks of his own misses.

I'd put Pohto at a year ahead of Paul Miller right now.

It's hard to fault him for wanting to spend summers at home with his family, but that has contributed to some strength and conditioning issues.

Even with a coaching change, I think Pohto is among the more likely to not enter the portal.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      If there is any player I think is likely to stay, I think it's Pohto.

For those who insist that the current coaching staff has no ability to develop players, Pohto had absolutely no skills or experience playing at a low post, back to the basket player. He was a perimeter player. Pohto is developing a low post game and is starting to show some quality moves down low. He's not efficient with bunnies, but he's uncanny with tipping in or rebounding and scoring on putbacks of his own misses.

I'd put Pohto at a year ahead of Paul Miller right now.

It's hard to fault him for wanting to spend summers at home with his family, but that has contributed to some strength and conditioning issues.

Even with a coaching change, I think Pohto is among the more likely to not enter the portal.
                      That's what good assistants do, develop players. Good coaches develop teams.

Comment

125,000 per, with a 2nd year option based upon incentives. Cheap rate.

It's the "new normal" y'all...

Comment

Does the second transfer rule apply if there is a coaching change? If not, the one thing keeping guys like Rogers and Walton from leaving isn't an issue if we have a change.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            Does the second transfer rule apply if there is a coaching change? If not, the one thing keeping guys like Rogers and Walton from leaving isn't an issue if we have a change.
                            Walton came from a juco. Nothing keeping him from leaving

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Walton came from a juco. Nothing keeping him from leaving
                              He was at Georgia prior. Would that not count towards a second transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

He was at Georgia prior. Would that not count towards a second transfer?
                                If it was Georgia to juco to Wichita State, then I don't think so. The free transfer only comes into play when it is from D1 to D1.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X