X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That quote is .... something...

Yada, yada, yada.

He had 98 minutes going to 2 seniors and 2 juniors. Another 49 minutes going to a #1 SF and #2 C freshmen who probably hope to be 1 and done.

If you're gonna recruit like the Big Boys, you're gonna need to play like the big boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      The King of Memphis is being turned on by the Memphis media fanboys?

This ain’t gonna end well.
      Insert popcorn gif

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        Here's a link to Penny's rant. Penny is not a happy guy. the bad words are all bleeped, which cuts out about 1/4 of the rant.

Uh, Penny, you're the guy who went out and recruited those 18 and 19 year old guys knowing they'd be playing against those 22 year old guys, so don't ask for mercy because your team is young.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/vid...ss/6603102001/
        I believe he is also the one who said his team was capable of winning a national championship.

I think the real problem is he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That quote is .... something...

It's. The. New. Normal...

How dare a journalist ask such a question! Doesn't that journalist know there are 11 genders?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            The King of Memphis is being turned on by the Memphis media fanboys?

This ain’t gonna end well.
            Yup. You start responding like that, and your days are numbered.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I wonder if Landers Nolley is happy with his decision. He has gone from averaging 15.5 at VT to 9.1 off the bench this year at Memphis.

I can't help but think, had he transferred to WSU instead, he'd be our starting SF, averaging at least 12-13, and we would probably not be in the basement of the AAC right now. Not that he would solve all our problems, but he would be a dependable scorer and take some pressure off Tyson to feel like he has to carry the team every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                Here's a link to Penny's rant. Penny is not a happy guy. the bad words are all bleeped, which cuts out about 1/4 of the rant.

Uh, Penny, you're the guy who went out and recruited those 18 and 19 year old guys knowing they'd be playing against those 22 year old guys, so don't ask for mercy because your team is young.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/vid...ss/6603102001/
                Memphis is going to hire 3G and beat our ass two times a year into perpetuity.

Oh, and CKA will cheer for 3G each time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Imagine Jans vs 3G at Memphis.

Never would happen, but…

Comment

This fanbase would lose it. No one knows for sure, however I would bet 3G is probably done coaching at the collegiate level.

Penny's days are numbered at Memphis. You don't have a tirade like that unless you know the writing is on the wall. Maybe Memphis talks ol' Brown into taking over. The Larry version, not ours.

Comment

• Penny made that bed when he started signing the "one and dones". You gotta win with those kids Penny cuz they won't be there next year and you'll have a fresh batch of one and dones while your juniors and seniors transfer out or melt away on the bench.

Comment

And probably win a Natty.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Nah. Gregg likes Tubby Smith and hated what they did to him there.

Methinks he’s done coaching. He doesn’t need to. When his settlement runs out, he’ll be like 63. Perfect scenario for him to retire and enjoy the fruits of his labors.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Nah. Gregg likes Tubby Smith and hated what they did to him there.

Methinks he’s done coaching. He doesn’t need to. When his settlement runs out, he’ll be like 63. Perfect scenario for him to retire and enjoy the fruits of his labors.
                            I like Tubby Smith too. Always seemed like a class act to me. Memphis deserves .01.
                            Go Shocks!

Comment

• Memphis fires Penny and hires Jans. That’s my nightmare.

Greg Heiar doing great things at NW Florida. Would love to see him back on our bench also.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                I wonder if Landers Nolley is happy with his decision. He has gone from averaging 15.5 at VT to 9.1 off the bench this year at Memphis.

I can't help but think, had he transferred to WSU instead, he'd be our starting SF, averaging at least 12-13, and we would probably not be in the basement of the AAC right now. Not that he would solve all our problems, but he would be a dependable scorer and take some pressure off Tyson to feel like he has to carry the team every game.
                                WSU was after him hard.

Almost got him too, but 1¢ sold him a dream.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X