No announcement yet.

2021-22 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But WHAT rationale did he have to target WSU....had he had a previous run in with Marshall???

Comment

******* thought he had run Billy Gillispie out of coaching years ago and it drives him nuts now that Gillispie is still coaching.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        But WHAT rationale did he have to target WSU....had he had a previous run in with Marshall???
        If I remember correctly, he at one point was cordial with fHCGM but at some point he said something or did something to pi$$ coach off and the relationship was no longer cordial. That's when he began his axe to grind. I could be mistaken, but that is my recollection.

Comment

Texas Southern picks up their first win of the season against #20 Florida and THEIR FIRST WIN AGAINST A RANKED SEC OPPONENT SINCE 1936!!!

Well done Florida Gators.
          Chomp, Chomp!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I agree, Mom should never see the inside of a gym again (assuming she did say that). They both should make it "right" and I'm all for redemption for a child. Kids are stupid and make mistakes, this being admittedly a real whopper. But contrition and a desire to make things right and I hope most of us would be ok with her returning to action. We need to be a more forgiving culture in many ways, and why not start with kids? The obvious problem being that the issues that led to this probably begin (and likely will continue) at home.
            Mother charged with 2 misdemeanors after allegedly telling daughter to hit opponent in youth basketball game - Yahoo Sports

By Jack Baer·Writer
            Thu, December 9, 2021, 4:14 PM

"A mother has been charged with two misdemeanors after allegedly being caught on video yelling at her daughter to hit an opposing player, which she did, during a youth basketball game in Garden Grove, California. The Orange County District Attorney's Office announced Thursday that Latira Shonty Hunt, 44, is facing one count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one misdemeanor count of battery. If convicted, she faces up to one year in an Orange County jail...."

Comment

Did anyone mention us losing to KState without their best player in this thread? I sure hope that is the low point of the season.

Comment

NUMBER #1 PURDUE goes down to Rutgers (4-4) NET #217 tonight on a half court shot.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  ******* needs to take up permanent residency in this thread. His going after Adams, one of the really good guys, just shows what a douche nozzle he is.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...cmccQ2M7w&s=19
                  I’m starting to think he posts here too…

NAMASTE.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I’m starting to think he posts here too…

NAMASTE.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

What I find intriguing about mumbles ******* is that he is moral high ground in his obsession with GGG but has no trouble spending time groveling with Bobby Knight… yeah… that makes sense… he’s not a journalist… he’s a Maury Povich

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Mother charged with 2 misdemeanors after allegedly telling daughter to hit opponent in youth basketball game - Yahoo Sports

By Jack Baer·Writer
                        Thu, December 9, 2021, 4:14 PM

"A mother has been charged with two misdemeanors after allegedly being caught on video yelling at her daughter to hit an opposing player, which she did, during a youth basketball game in Garden Grove, California. The Orange County District Attorney's Office announced Thursday that Latira Shonty Hunt, 44, is facing one count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one misdemeanor count of battery. If convicted, she faces up to one year in an Orange County jail...."
                        In a somewhat related area. From KSHSAA......

"After three days of high school basketball we have had 3 coach ejections, 4 fan ejections and 3 player ejections. In addition, there have been over 10 coach technicals given for inappropriate conduct. There were numerous player technical fouls given for inappropriate language and taunting. Administrators and coaches need to set expectations for appropriate behavior for coaches, fans and players and have consequences in place for people who fail to represent schools in a positive manner. There is no place for taunting and inappropriate language in interscholastic, education-based activity programs."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

"After three days of high school basketball we have had 3 coach ejections, 4 fan ejections and 3 player ejections. In addition, there have been over 10 coach technicals given for inappropriate conduct. There were numerous player technical fouls given for inappropriate language and taunting. Administrators and coaches need to set expectations for appropriate behavior for coaches, fans and players and have consequences in place for people who fail to represent schools in a positive manner. There is no place for taunting and inappropriate language in interscholastic, education-based activity programs."
                          Wonder about the specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I personally witnessed two of the player technical fouls (both by the same player, and in the first quarter, no less), which resulted in one of the player ejections. One of the technical fouls was deserved, but the other...not so much. Then as the other team did the "wave goodbye" gesture to him, no action or warning was given.

It feels like we're at the typical "hyper-enforcement" stage of the season for officiating. My guess is it tapers off for one reason or another.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I personally witnessed two of the player technical fouls (both by the same player, and in the first quarter, no less), which resulted in one of the player ejections. One of the technical fouls was deserved, but the other...not so much. Then as the other team did the "wave goodbye" gesture to him, no action or warning was given.

It feels like we're at the typical "hyper-enforcement" stage of the season for officiating. My guess is it tapers off for one reason or another.
                              in a universe LOOOOOG ago, as a high school coach, I had an awful streak of four straight season openers with a tech....and then no others the rest of the season....was not a good enough coach to warrant tech worthy behavior...:)

Comment

I was thrown out of the last game I ever coached. I was fortunate, very few people I know were in attendance, and fortunately I was not allowed to embarrass myself any further. (In fairness, the official that tossed me also threatened to toss one of the finest businessmen in the history of this city who attempted to come to my defense, so I've got that going for me, which is nice). Without doxxing anyone, that game also included (at least) 2 people that would run for high political office one day.

I'm sure I witnessed at least one of molly jabali Ts. I promise you they were rarely earned and would be considered friendly and casual banter in today's world, if not Christmas Card material.

Comment

Working...
                                X