No announcement yet.

MVC HONORS FOR THIS SEASON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toure's game is too well rounded (timely scoring, timely rebounding, timely steals, timely assists- see that timely steal and dunk vs Drake) to be ignored like that by the MVC. 'Pretty disappointing.

Bigshotmaker, keep on keepin' on. We (well, most of us here) know Toure got hosed.
    Last edited by another shocker; February 29, 2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      Toure's game is too well rounded (timely scoring, timely rebounding, timely steals, timely assists- see that timely steal and dunk vs Drake) to be ignored like that by the MVC. 'Pretty disappointing.

Bigshotmaker, keep on keepin' on. We (well, most of us here) know Toure got hosed.
      I agree and I think a lot of us do, that Toure deserves to be higher than honorable mention. However, anyone that doesn't know that Toure has 'those games' is myopic at best. Murry is a helluva player and one of the greatest Shockers to wear the Black and Gold, no one's questioning that. In fact, he's usually the player showcased in any 'Star Watch' type of pregame discussion, which further boggles my mind as to how he isn't a 2nd teamer. He's been a feature player in the MVC.

That being said, Toure tries to do some things that are, let's just say, ill advised, sometimes. It's just the kind of player he is. He's great and he tries to make great plays. Nothing wrong with it, just doesn't always work out. But lately, he's been fantastic.

I'd seriously doubt that given Murry's significance to this program, there are any 'Haters' of his. If there are, their basketball IQ is on the lower end.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Like it or not, lists like these are all about "the show."

The first team is pretty much comprised of the top point scorers for the top-half of the league. The second team pretty much follows, with a bit of kum ba yah thrown in so every wet dog in this league can get a lick off the bone.

TM just does too much dirty work to get noticed by a thing like this. He's good in almost every offensive category there is, but his numbers don't stand out in one.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
          Like it or not, lists like these are all about "the show."

The first team is pretty much comprised of the top point scorers for the top-half of the league. The second team pretty much follows, with a bit of kum ba yah thrown in so every wet dog in this league can get a lick off the bone.

TM just does too much dirty work to get noticed by a thing like this. He's good in almost every offensive category there is, but his numbers don't stand out in one.
          Agreed. These All-Conference teams are mostly about scoring averages. That may are may not include the best basketball players in the league.

Comment

• No one can be perfect but in my opinon, the last two months, Murry has been pretty close to it. He has been the glue guy for us. He's been the one to win some games when no one else could hit a shot and he went off. He was the one that when he wasn't hitting shots, averaged 5 rebounds. On the break, he is at his best and he is as good as anyone in our league and probably in most leagues. He gets steals, and assists by making the extra pass. At times, he brings up the ball (he can play pointguard) so that Ragland can get set up to shoot in the offense. He is hitting 80% of his free throws. Every once in a while, he hits a three but to his credit, he hasn't shot many.

Comment

• Toure' is going to graduate WSU with a degree and a championship and as one of the best 10-15 players in the history of this program. And all the while he did it with grace, class and professionalism.

I think that says about all you need to know about how I (and most other Shocker fans) feel about Toure' Murry.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Toure' is going to graduate WSU with a degree and a championship and as one of the best 10-15 players in the history of this program. And all the while he did it with grace, class and professionalism.

I think that says about all you need to know about how I (and most other Shocker fans) feel about Toure' Murry.
                Were you talking about Toure', Garrett, or both.

BOTH are the epitome of what I think a Wichita State Shocker should be, at different heighths.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Toure' is going to graduate WSU with a degree and a championship and as one of the best 10-15 players in the history of this program. And all the while he did it with grace, class and professionalism.

Not to mention his Mom sings a mean National Anthem!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    I agree and I think a lot of us do, that Toure deserves to be higher than honorable mention. However, anyone that doesn't know that Toure has 'those games' is myopic at best. Murry is a helluva player and one of the greatest Shockers to wear the Black and Gold, no one's questioning that. In fact, he's usually the player showcased in any 'Star Watch' type of pregame discussion, which further boggles my mind as to how he isn't a 2nd teamer. He's been a feature player in the MVC.

That being said, Toure tries to do some things that are, let's just say, ill advised, sometimes. It's just the kind of player he is. He's great and he tries to make great plays. Nothing wrong with it, just doesn't always work out. But lately, he's been fantastic.

I'd seriously doubt that given Murry's significance to this program, there are any 'Haters' of his. If there are, their basketball IQ is on the lower end.
                    Didn't read. Don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      Didn't read. Don't care.
                      Awesome!
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                        Votes should be made public. That'd really add credibility to it all and hold voters accountable.
                        +many

Keep them honest.

Comment

• Mcdermott named 1st team All American.

Comment

Working...
                          X