Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine how many HS football players are enrolled at WSU right now. A couple hundred? We'll have two squads filled in 5 days.

Let's do it.

Can we raise 1/4 million on Shockernet?

Comment

• Does Title IX come into play should Wichita State dip their toe into the football waters by adding Pioneer League, non-scholarship football? Same as Drake, Butler and a few other FCS programs.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Does Title IX come into play should Wichita State dip their toe into the football waters by adding Pioneer League, non-scholarship football? Same as Drake, Butler and a few other FCS programs.
          Yes but only to the extent that the school pays for any of the uniforms, supplies, coaching salaries, etc. So it's obviously a lot easier to match that on the women's side than if you had dozens of scholarships and millions in coaching salaries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            You guys are forgetting about Title 9
            Don't be bringing in facts to delusional conversations...

Btw, did anybody hear Boatright on sports daily predict that the Football schools would eventually be splitting off to form a "private" NCAA? They would not have to abide by Title 9 because all the money involved would be private $$, none would coming from public money. It would start with football but eventually, include basketball.

Comment

• If I recall correctly WSU already has a lopsided scholarship ratio between men and women. I think WSU wouldn’t need to match 1/1 scholarships. I think a woman’s rowing team and maybe a woman’s soccer team would cover it, but I’m pulling all that out of something I read on here years ago. Not going to go look either as it’s not like any of this would ever happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Don't be bringing in facts to delusional conversations...

Btw, did anybody hear Boatright on sports daily predict that the Football schools would eventually be splitting off to form a "private" NCAA? They would not have to abide by Title 9 because all the money involved would be private $$, none would coming from public money. It would start with football but eventually, include basketball.
                I have a wild prediction as that is concerned. I believe NCAA football as it is currently known, will become a competitor to the NFL in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                  If I recall correctly WSU already has a lopsided scholarship ratio between men and women. I think WSU wouldn’t need to match 1/1 scholarships. I think a woman’s rowing team and maybe a woman’s soccer team would cover it, but I’m pulling all that out of something I read on here years ago. Not going to go look either as it’s not like any of this would ever happen.
                  My recollection is the reason it is a little "lopsided" is because the % of female enrollment was greater than the % of males enrolled which apparently factored into the equation to some degree. Although I would bet much on my recollection being accurate.

Comment

• The best WSU Prez we've had in forever studied this and concluded the minimum up front investment was $40 mill.

I'll just put this out here so others can fill in the appropriate blanks.

dead horse.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                      I have a wild prediction as that is concerned. I believe NCAA football as it is currently known, will become a competitor to the NFL in the future.
                      People are idiots if they do this. College football is no where near, and will never be the product that the NFL is. Just look at how many NON SEC, ACC, BIG, and PAC players make it in the NFL. There are still many really talented football players at smaller schools. Texas (football coaches), for example has always done a really bad job of evaluating good football players. Their recruiting classes are always ranked highly, but they are almost never a Top team in the Big 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That's not a real thing is it?
                        Someone was talking about a family that owned land along 96 that would donate it for a stadium when the feasibility study was being conducted. Probably developed now tho.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

People are idiots if they do this. College football is no where near, and will never be the product that the NFL is. Just look at how many NON SEC, ACC, BIG, and PAC players make it in the NFL. There are still many really talented football players at smaller schools. Texas (football coaches), for example has always done a really bad job of evaluating good football players. Their recruiting classes are always ranked highly, but they are almost never a Top team in the Big 12.
                          But you are thinking of how "amateur" athletics used to be. With NIL we have made it possible for an athlete to make a very respectable living playing for a university. If the rules regarding length of eligibility were lengthened or even removed, who's to say how much an athlete could make. Once football and (I predict basketball) splits from the NCAA, it's Katy bar the door.
                          The scenarios I'm suggesting wouldn't happen soon, maybe 15-20 years down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                            The best WSU Prez we've had in forever studied this and concluded the minimum up front investment was $40 mill.
                            It's not cheap but schools have done it recently with success. The Shockers obviously have some of the richest donors in the country in the Kochs so $40 million is not that much. That being said, I assume you all are some of the most rabid fans and even you seem to be mixed about football, so yeah, seems extremely unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                              The best WSU Prez we've had in forever studied this and concluded the minimum up front investment was $40 mill.

I'll just put this out here so others can fill in the appropriate blanks.

dead horse.jpg
                              I don't even need 1% of that to "bring back football".

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post

It's not cheap but schools have done it recently with success. The Shockers obviously have some of the richest donors in the country in the Kochs so $40 million is not that much. That being said, I assume you all are some of the most rabid fans and even you seem to be mixed about football, so yeah, seems extremely unlikely.
                                KU Fan, you need to worry about the state of your own program. Your team is close to if not the worst team in the P5, AAC, MWC, and your stadium is an embarrassment to college football—- dilapidated restrooms, closed concession, depressing concourses, and empty seats.
                                Spend your energy trying to right your own ship before engaging in ship building at WSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X