Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

For most fans of the Big 12, it hasn't sunk in that their conference has no path to existence at this point. I've seen the comment "the AAC doesn't bring anything to the table for us, so we wouldn't consider going there". You know what it brings? A conference... with an actual media partner. The Big XII wont have either after 2025 (or sooner).
    I think it’s way too soon to be too definitive about anything. The winds that seem so strong today may reverse tomorrow or stop completely.

Nor do I put much stock in media rumors. It reminds me of the lead up to the draft. Depending on the day or what you want to believe you can just about find an article that will tell you any random scenario is going to happen.

They’re just out there regurgitating whatever bs line was given to them.

Comment

For most fans of the Big 12, it hasn't sunk in that their conference has no path to existence at this point. I've seen the comment "the AAC doesn't bring anything to the table for us, so we wouldn't consider going there". You know what it brings? A conference... with an actual media partner. The Big XII wont have either after 2025 (or sooner).
      They’re in the early grieving stage. Denial then Anger. Later depression, then acceptance.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I think it’s way too soon to be too definitive about anything. The winds that seem so strong today may reverse tomorrow or stop completely.

Nor do I put much stock in media rumors. It reminds me of the lead up to the draft. Depending on the day or what you want to believe you can just about find an article that will tell you any random scenario is going to happen.

They’re just out there regurgitating whatever bs line was given to them.
        I'm not basing it on a media rumor. Bowlsby's cease and desist letter to ESPN is very clear and public. That by itself is shooting himself in the foot as they are up for media renegotiation in 4 years. Their value is tanked without UT and OU ... and he just alienated a potential partner. That all has nothing to do with rumor .. that's a direct fact.

Yes the AAC being involved is a rumor. It's also a very logical explanation for that letter. Sure it could be something TOTALLY different .. but rumor or not .. it seems likely.

Comment

• BXII media renegotiations will happen when UT/OU officially leave the BXII. It’s in the contract. There is no $37m per team through 2025.

Comment

• I think everything with the PAC is dead. There were some hot and fast rumors about OK state but until california changes their travel laws, I don’t see any success there.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• And with Aresco in charge, the AAC is in great shape to be the bully.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• PAC has said they are not looking to expand. Neither is the B1G.

Comment

I'm not basing it on a media rumor. Bowlsby's cease and desist letter to ESPN is very clear and public. That by itself is shooting himself in the foot as they are up for media renegotiation in 4 years. Their value is tanked without UT and OU ... and he just alienated a potential partner. That all has nothing to do with rumor .. that's a direct fact.

Yes the AAC being involved is a rumor. It's also a very logical explanation for that letter. Sure it could be something TOTALLY different .. but rumor or not .. it seems likely.
                  Spin it however you want, “their conference has NO path to existence at this point” is speculation no matter how definitively it is stated.

Comment

• The leftovers might be able to keep it together for another couple of years to try and bleed OU/UT, but I'm not sure Fox is willing to pay what's left enough to entice AAC members to jump ship. Especially if ESPN is backing the AAC with promise of more money, especially if they pull at least some of the remaining XII members to help kill it. Most everyone knows that the AAC is undervalued as it is. The deal was made when the American was still finding its feet. Ratings for AAC games are on par with non OU/UT games of the XII. And if ESPN really wants to, they can begin over hyping the AAC compared to what will be left of the XII and that can only increase viewership of the AAC and bring more value. How bad does ESPN want this?

I'd prefer if we have a choice that we only take 5 of the remaining 8. I think 16 is a big enough number, but if we have to take more so be it. It will be interesting to see how ESPN plays this on the network going forward. I know I definitely try to find an AAC game to turn on even if I'm not going to watch as I don't really care about college football as long as we don't have a team. This isn't something that's going to be resolved soon.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Sorry, I’m just being a party pooper. It is fun to follow the evolving situation I just think it’s too early to rule out any scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        PAC has said they are not looking to expand. Neither is the B1G.
                        Except MAYBE with each other....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Yep. Take a look at football viewership and wins over the past 10-15 years. Those schools are not relatively close for the most part.
                          But KState has a cuter atmosphere.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Except MAYBE with each other....
                            How many B1G schools are on the no travel list california imposed on their schools?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But KState has a cuter atmosphere.
                              Meow

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                Every time I see this I can't stop laughing.

Comment

Working...
                                X