Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting idea on the AAC board. Everybody but KSU, ISU, WVU, and Ba6ylor leaves the B12. Those schools do not dissolve the conference and split up the $300 mill exit fees from the other 6. Then the B12 invites the entire AAC to merge with it.

Comment

• I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a .001 percent chance we somehow make it into the Big12. If the AAC and B12 merge, we probably end up in the A10 or CUSA. But hey, hope I eat crow.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        Interesting idea on the AAC board. Everybody but KSU, ISU, WVU, and Ba6ylor leaves the B12. Those schools do not dissolve the conference and split up the $300 mill exit fees from the other 6. Then the B12 invites the entire AAC to merge with it.
        That would be interesting, so long as there is a provision to split that booty with the AAC schools, even if it's a paltry $5 mil to each.

Of course, then ESPN and FOX will have to battle it out for TV rights. That's what is most likely to derail any such merger.

Comment

• I keep reading posts mentioning Kansas and Iowa State to the B1G. I can't say this strong enough - B1G IS NOT INTERESTED. Neither school adds value.

Think about it this way - SEC adds OU/Tex and the B1G counters by adding KU/ISU?? No chance in hell. That would be a public admission of inferiority to the SEC and that will not happen as long as tOSU & Mich are in the B1G.

I said this earlier - if the B1G wanted KU and/or ISU they would already be in the conference.

Barring the B1G trying to hoard as many P5s as possible and creating a super conference, the only schools the B1G has interest in are ND, Clemson, FSU, UNC, UVA - all of whom are tied up by a GOR that has an extra 100M + exit fee for the next 8-10 years or so - and USC, UCLA, Stanford.

If Mizzu or aTm were to leave the SEC they would likely get a B1G invite.

The only other school they would possibly consider is Colorado and that would have to be tied with the California schools.

This KU/ISU thread on tOSU's board should cover anything I left out:

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

nothing matters but money
            Totally agree and television money isn’t because of donors, or only butts in Arena seats. It’s the money from national television ratings, and butts watching teams at home or bars.

Comment

• To some, there are other things that matter also.

There is a 3rd big rock rolling on the table now. Texas A&M. They could reach out to BIG or PAC. Either league would probably look to partner them with another team, emptying another spot there, plus would leave an empty spot in SEC’s goal of 16.

This might not be G5 impacting for a few more months.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                I keep reading posts mentioning Kansas and Iowa State to the B1G. I can't say this strong enough - B1G IS NOT INTERESTED. Neither school adds value.

Think about it this way - SEC adds OU/Tex and the B1G counters by adding KU/ISU?? No chance in hell. That would be a public admission of inferiority to the SEC and that will not happen as long as tOSU & Mich are in the B1G.

I said this earlier - if the B1G wanted KU and/or ISU they would already be in the conference.

Barring the B1G trying to hoard as many P5s as possible and creating a super conference, the only schools the B1G has interest in are ND, Clemson, FSU, UNC, UVA - all of whom are tied up by a GOR that has an extra 100M + exit fee for the next 8-10 years or so - and USC, UCLA, Stanford.

If Mizzu or aTm were to leave the SEC they would likely get a B1G invite.

The only other school they would possibly consider is Colorado and that would have to be tied with the California schools.

This KU/ISU thread on tOSU's board should cover anything I left out:

This soooooooooo hard. KU is NOT B1G material. KU is way more likely to join the PAC, but again their location is not good.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I saw some posts on Twitter stating that, sans OU and UT games, the ratings for American games are better than the Big 12.

If that is true, on average, that gives the American good barging power.

That goes against the “bigger brand” argument, but if it’s all about $$$ and viewership, then AAC might be in an okay position after all.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a .001 percent chance we somehow make it into the Big12. If the AAC and B12 merge, we probably end up in the A10 or CUSA. But hey, hope I eat crow.
                    I'm not sure the scenario above happens. However, KU is the only one in the B12 who has something against WSU. We have had relationships and games with Baylor, OU, OSU, KSU, TT, and TCU in the recent past. I think your .001 percent is a little (sarcasm) low, and pessimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Although it pains me deeply, unfortunately that ‘dream’ is long gone like a turkey through the corn.

Insert crying Indian (hope it’s ok to post Indian?) here…
                      Maybe crying Guardian.

Comment

• According to the Athletic, The AAC plans to be the aggressor in adding the remaining B12 teams.

Hopefully, they can pull something off!
                        The Assman

Comment

• What would be hilarious is if KU had to go independent for a bit and didn’t have a football TV deal to leech off of.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            According to the Athletic, The AAC plans to be the aggressor in adding the remaining B12 teams.

Hopefully, they can pull something off!
                            The Big American Conference.

Comment

• Would be hilarious if KU ended up in the AAC.

The ego hit and the spike on the suicide hotline in Lawrence would hit an all time high.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                What would be hilarious is if KU had to go independent for a bit and didn’t have a football TV deal to leech off of.
                                If a school is not a member of the realigned P4 conferences very unlikely "a football TV deal" will be available to "leech meaningful" cash from to support the school's athletic department. IMO the Beakers have a >50% possibility of being excluded as they geographically fall outside the B1G, ACC and PAC conference footprints; the SEC has absolutely no interest in the Beakers.

I don't know if this means they will go independent as they might be better served leading the establishment of a basketball focused (only?) conference/organization to compete with the P4 conferences for the pot of gold the NCAA has regards March Madness. How many nationally prominent basketball programs would be available to join such a basketball focused organization?

Comment

Working...
                                X