Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On second thought: has anybody ever actually been to Snyder Stadium on game day? It's big-time. That school is NOT being left out of a power conference. The alumni will kill, cheat, or steal to find a spot somewhere. They're all gonna find a power home. This entire discussion is a pipe dream. Except for the part where we're left holding the bag.....

Comment

Creighton....?

Comment

At least we actually have a permanent university president while this is happening. Ideally, he's on the phone feeling out the Big East, A-10 and MWC. All 3 would be as good or better basketball conferences than an AAC minus two of Houston, UC, Memphis, UCF, SMU etc.

Hopefully we have enough donors left to pay whatever bills will be necessary for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          At least we actually have a permanent university president while this is happening. Ideally, he's on the phone feeling out the Big East, A-10 and MWC. All 3 would be as good or better basketball conferences than an AAC minus two of Houston, UC, Memphis, UCF, SMU etc.

Hopefully we have enough donors left to pay whatever bills will be necessary for it.
          Money solves many things. We're gonna need a lot of it. We just raided the piggy bank to 1) Get into the AAC, 2) Fire Marshall, 3) withstand Covid. We could sure use $1B from Chuckles. I mean, c'mon man... it's just ONE.

It would also be nice if we had AP Coach-of-the-Year Marshall during this. But perhaps an African-American coach will open some doors for us as well.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Money solves many things. We're gonna need a lot of it. We just raided the piggy bank to 1) Get into the AAC, 2) Fire Marshall, 3) withstand Covid. We could sure use $1B from Chuckles. I mean, c'mon man... it's just ONE.

It would also be nice if we had AP Coach-of-the-Year Marshall during this. But perhaps an African-American coach will open some doors for us as well.
            I'd argue that Marshall would help and hurt the conversations at the same time. That said ... I'd hope that conferences aren't deciding what SHOULD be long term agreements based on current staffing. That seems very short sighted (though everything is constantly changing .. so maybe they do)

Comment

Mickey is going to be looking at the ratings for KSU, ISU and a couple others when they're NOT playing OU, UT, and possibly OSU. The PAC needs to get some of their scores on the evening news on the day the games are played.TTU and OSU can have better guaranteed paydays in the PAC than in depleted B12.

KU can always go to the Big East and play UConn in football 12 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Although it pains me deeply, unfortunately that ‘dream’ is long gone like a turkey through the corn.

Insert crying Indian (hope it’s ok to post Indian?) here…
                FIFY
                Insert crying GUARDIAN here…

Comment

While I understand the fact that the Pac doesn't want to add a religious school, there are a TON of TCU alumni and parents of kids who attend TCU on the west coast and in SoCal in particular.

Comment

ISU and KU have reached out to B1G. If they go, the B12 is finished.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      While I understand the fact that the Pac doesn't want to add a religious school, there are a TON of TCU alumni and parents of kids who attend TCU on the west coast and in SoCal in particular.
                      Kind of hard to argue that TCU is a religious school, if we're being honest. Now Baylor, no doubt.

Comment

• There are only 2 Big 12 schools who don’t have empty portions of stadiums in a significant number of games. That is a Texas and OU. Now extrapolate that to television sets and you still have only Texas and OU. OSU might come next, but they’re not close. The rest can’t compete either.

Now, I’m not saying there are not schools in these power conferences who are low level schools just like TCU, ISU, KSU, TT, etc. Rutgers, Vandy, Maryland, etc. and others don’t deserve a Power conference designation anymore than those B12 schools do. But they already have that membership in a Power conference. I don’t see those Power conferences seeking more schools (that don’t add money to their media deals) than they already have.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Kind of hard to argue that TCU is a religious school, if we're being honest. Now Baylor, no doubt.
                          Huh? TCU is affiliated with my church denomination. The key hint is in the C in the TCU name. What do you mean it’s not a religious school?

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            There are only 2 Big 12 schools who don’t have empty portions of stadiums in a significant number of games. That is a Texas and OU. Now extrapolate that to television sets and you still have only Texas and OU. OSU might come next, but they’re not close. The rest can’t compete either.

Now, I’m not saying there are not schools in these power conferences who are low level schools just like TCU, ISU, KSU, TT, etc. Rutgers, Vandy, Maryland, etc. and others don’t deserve a Power conference designation anymore than those B12 schools do. But they already have that membership in a Power conference. I don’t see those Power conferences seeking more schools (that don’t add money to their media deals) than they already have.
                            nothing matters but money

Comment

• Other than interest from a fan's perspective, I really don't see what the consternation is for WSU fans at this point.

This is about football, and we're on the outside, not even looking in.

The B12 is done, period. It won't survive the loss of OU UT. Brand or not, doesn't matter. It's not part of the picture anymore.

Right now the Power 4 are B1G (14) ACC (14) SEC (14) & PAC (12) plus Notre Dame. That's 55 going to 64 in all likelihood...65 at the most.

Who are the 9 or 10 going to be is the only question. There won't be a 5th power conference anymore. If there is still a B12 it's going to be in the gang of 6 or 8 or whatever, no one will care.

NO ONE.

Let's say they add 10. The question becomes what is the pecking order?

Unless I'm missing something the teams are Boise State, BYU, KU, KSU, ISU, OSU, TCU, Baylor, WVU, Texas Tech, Cincy, Houston, SMU, Tulane, Memphis, UCF, USF with a clear advantage going to all the leftovers in the B12. Did I miss anyone? I could possibly be wrong in omitting Tulsa, but I don't think I am.

If the PAC12 were to announce BYU, OSU, Texas Tech and Baylor (for instance) you would see the large **** hemorrhage ever coming from Lawrence and Manhattan. As it is, one of those 2 schools is likely in a really, really bad place, and it's more than likely K-State and not KU, sadly.

We just have to hope they don't change the basketball tournament. And I don't think they will. We'll find a spot. Tulsa will have to be in a league. We'll be there.

Comment

• I do not understand the love affair with Boise State to the PAC12
                                — blue field
                                — AAC athletic revenue (not even sure they match AAC teams in revenue) with probably more than 1/2 provided by football . Take away football and revenue probably less than WSU
                                — small populous state
                                — poor academics
                                — poor endowment
                                — besides cyclical football (which PAC12 competition would drive them to mediocrity at best), in what other sports do they compete well?

Why would the PAC12 pay them much attention?

Comment

Working...
                                X