Other
    7.69%
    Jason Perez
    3.85%
    Dave the Rave
    10.26%
    PJ Cousinard
    1.28%
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

That's a tough one. Part of me wants to say Other - Jason Perez, but it's hard to ignore FVV and Baker.

Comment

Warren was very special; he gets my vote

Comment

Really tough to say. I was too young to really remember X or Carr at WSU. I think they were all gone by the time I was 3 or so. The first players I remember from my youth were Sasha Radunovich and the Praylow twins. Sasha holds a special place in my heart. The 90s weren't great, but Perez and Mo were fantastic talents that didn't have the supporting cast they deserved. Then we had guys like Jamar, PJ and Matty B they have special places in my memory. Then there are Tekele, Ron, FVV and a trio of fantastic.

Prior to Tekele, I'd probably lean towards PJ. He was a do everything type that was a lot of fun to watch. Much like Tekele ended up being, though PJ was a little more offensively relied upon during most of his career here.

One of those two. I'm not deciding just yet.

But McBurney still deserves to be in the rafters.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Wow. That's an interesting group. I can eliminate about half from "ha ha" to wasn't here long enough, never saw/totally different era, and so forth. Why did you leave off Stallworth and Perez? And if you have Evans and Shamet, Early should be on that list as well. I'd say those 3 plus another 6 from the list. It's what you "value" most and/or the order you value each player within a "value". From there, it's each item you value and how each player ranks in that value.

I'll give you my top 3 in no particular order -- FVV, AC, and X. After that and in order, Stallworth, Early, Cotton, Perez, Jabali, and Baker.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Wow. That's an interesting group. I can eliminate about half from "ha ha" to wasn't here long enough, never saw/totally different era, and so forth. Why did you leave off Stallworth and Perez? And if you have Evans and Shamet, Early should be on that list as well. I'd say those 3 plus another 6 from the list. It's what you "value" most and/or the order you value each player within a "value". From there, it's each item you value and how each player ranks in that value.

I'll give you my top 3 in no particular order -- FVV, AC, and X. After that and in order, Stallworth, Early, Cotton, Perez, Jabali, and Baker.
            Anybody that got left off was due to lack of attention on my part
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Really tough to say. I was too young to really remember X or Carr at WSU. I think they were all gone by the time I was 3 or so. The first players I remember from my youth were Sasha Radunovich and the Praylow twins. Sasha holds a special place in my heart. The 90s weren't great, but Perez and Mo were fantastic talents that didn't have the supporting cast they deserved. Then we had guys like Jamar, PJ and Matty B they have special places in my memory. Then there are Tekele, Ron, FVV and a trio of fantastic.

Prior to Tekele, I'd probably lean towards PJ. He was a do everything type that was a lot of fun to watch. Much like Tekele ended up being, though PJ was a little more offensively relied upon during most of his career here.

One of those two. I'm not deciding just yet.

But McBurney still deserves to be in the rafters.
              Forgot about Sasha. He's probably my #10.

McBurney AND Jabali in the rafters as well as Early. Just how far would we have gone without Cle those 2 years and he has the national credentials to go with it (better than anyone else's in the rafters).

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Anybody that got left off was due to lack of attention on my part
                Is there a poll limit on how many options we can put? Also, when it comes to favorite, it gets very subjective. The best players aren't always necessarily favorites to many when it comes down to it. I think most of my favorites that I mentioned probably wouldn't be considered by most, but they hold special places in my memories.

Heck, I'm still thinking about my favorite and leaning towards the one that's not on the list. You could put 30 options and still leave people off that someone would put in consideration.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Is there a poll limit on how many options we can put? Also, when it comes to favorite, it gets very subjective. The best players aren't always necessarily favorites to many when it comes down to it. I think most of my favorites that I mentioned probably wouldn't be considered by most, but they hold special places in my memories.

Heck, I'm still thinking about my favorite and leaning towards the one that's not on the list. You could put 30 options and still leave people off that someone would put in consideration.
                  20 runs in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

20 runs in my mind.
                    While you're updating your list, it's Cliff Levingston.

Comment

Other: Jamar Howard. The guy nobody wanted to play against and every fan base but ours hated. Loved that dude.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

While you're updating your list, it's Cliff Levingston.
                        ugh. thanks

Comment

P J Couisnard.

Comment

"The Process" is included... gave me a good chuckle. Honestly, I loved a lot of his game and thought he had the tools to turn into one my favorites, but ole papa bear crapped in his bed.

I loved Stallworth, Armstrong, Carr, Levingston, Fred, Ron, Cle and Shamet and of course 'brother' McBurney (RIP, your jersey should have been the first one hung), but "X" will always mark the spot; pound for pound, hands down, the greatest Shocker ever.

Former Shocker Xavier McDaniel welcomed into hall of fame

"Xavier McDaniel is the first Wichita State basketball player inducted into a national hall of fame. Thrilled by the honor, he happily spread around praise for other Shockers.

“This is one of the highest honors you can get,” he said. “When I go in, Wichita State goes in, my teammates go in, even though my name is there. The fans go in there, because we’ve had some great, great, great fans over the years. Without them, we couldn’t make this possible.”"

Former Shocker Xavier McDaniel welcomed into hall of fame | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)

He was simply one bad (in a good way) dude... there are X-Men today, but there was only one X-Man.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Obviously Carr and X were the Bad MFers that I first remember as a youth. But Cotton...
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X