No announcement yet.

2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d have to go back and watch video to verify but I believe Omaha had three possessions to win the game, and not only did they obviously not win the game, but I don’t think they even got a shot up in any of those possessions. All ended in turnovers.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
      Blah blah blah I hope Dex is spending time learning this summer how to go to his left off the dribble to the cup. And of course learning how to make wide open 3 pointers. That would be nice. I am rooting for him because he is a MAN with high good character. Go Shocks.
      Ditto.

That would bring his game to higher level.

Comment

• I have Dex's back too. I know where that chant started. It was a TERRIBLE call. Not really even close and the ref completely blew it. It happened right in front of me. The guys from the team were having a blast being fans. You have to remember, this is something they rarely get to experience. They were taking full advantage of it. We have Dex, Tyson, and Morris who are going to be the leaders of this team this year. They will be gone next year. Monzy and Ricky are next up. It is pretty obvious watching the group interact. We will be in good hands.

​​​​​​
        Go Shocks!

Comment

Blah blah blah I hope Dex is spending time learning this summer how to go to his left off the dribble to the cup. And of course learning how to make wide open 3 pointers. That would be nice. I am rooting for him because he is a MAN with high good character. Go Shocks.
          Geesh, let the kid have some fun.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

I believe I saw him dribbling with his left hand at the game. Granted the dribbling was some nacho cheese, but he's practicing dribbling at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              I’d have to go back and watch video to verify but I believe Omaha had three possessions to win the game, and not only did they obviously not win the game, but I don’t think they even got a shot up in any of those possessions. All ended in turnovers.
              Yup and really.. they only actually had 1 posession with legit points. 4 of the 6 they got in Elam were based on double stacking of incorrect calls (missed charge and missed possession on the Out of bounds). So they really didn't do anything in the Elam. They were just peeing down their leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                It's been reported that Dex started the "these refs suck" chant after the no call charge that McDuffie took. The replays clearly showed that no AfterShock touched the ball, but it still went to The Blue Crew.

If that's true, I've got Dex's back. He was right. There wasn't a makeup call, but there wasn't really an opportunity for a makeup call.
                Am attempt at a "makeup call" is the only thing that can reasonably explain what happened on what became the Hannah turnover the second to last play of the game. Hannah dribbled it off his own leg and it went out of bounds, but the ref initially called it off of Manigat. The ref was probably closer to Hannah than Manigat was, and I have no idea how the ref thought it was off Manigat.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Am attempt at a "makeup call" is the only thing that can reasonably explain what happened on what became the Hannah turnover the second to last play of the game. Hannah dribbled it off his own leg and it went out of bounds, but the ref initially called it off of Manigat. The ref was probably closer to Hannah than Manigat was, and I have no idea how the ref thought it was off Manigat.
                  It was either a makup or proof of just of how awful those refs were. There was no reasonable way someone that close should have ever thought it was Aftershock ball lol. Omaha wasn't even trying to reach at that point.

Comment

• If you saw how CH initially reacted to the play, you knew it was off of him. Another call that wasn't really close.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It was either a makup or proof of just of how awful those refs were. There was no reasonable way someone that close should have ever thought it was Aftershock ball lol. Omaha wasn't even trying to reach at that point.
                      I'm not sure who the refs were. Are they regular NCAA refs? I don't know.

The television broadcast wasn't good at showing replays. There was one exchange of plays that began when an Omaha player dove out of bounds, grabbed the ball as it was heading that way, threw it off the Aftershocks player, and then it dribbled out of bounds. The officials called it out off the Aftershocks player. But the Omaha player appeared to be clearly standing out of bounds when he initiated the play by jumping to grab the ball.

The very next play we did the same thing to them. Again, however, we looked to be standing out of bounds when we jumped to grab the ball. And they called it out off Omaha.

So that was bad officiating that evened itself out. Either that, or there was one good official who was running around and trying to whistle makeup calls.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

I couldn't get anything from that link at all.
                        I just tried the link and it worked okay. Here's the link though to the main stats page - https://thetournament.com/stats/ - and you can scroll down and find any game and look at the stats for the game.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I must admit that Z. Brown is very effective in the Shocks' trap D.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Really bummed with the talent we had on the 17-18 team we didn’t make a deep run in the tournament.
                            It's a long shot, but they may be able to get some revenge in Dayton. There's a team called Herd That, which is a Marshall University alumni team (actually only about 1/2 are alumni), and they're playing in the West Virginia regional. Jon Elmore, who hit 27 in the NCAA tournament game vs WSU, is GM/player (his brother is also on the team and their dad is the coach). According to his bio on the team site on the TBT main page, he's been playing overseas, so some of the WSU players have probably already played against him or had him as a teammate. Herd That plays tonight on ESPN2, but if they win tonight and Wednesday, and AfterShocks do so as well on Tuesday, then maybe they'll meet up in Dayton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I just tried the link and it worked okay. Here's the link though to the main stats page - https://thetournament.com/stats/ - and you can scroll down and find any game and look at the stats for the game.
                              Worked great today; thanks! Yesterday the names would come up but all the stats were blank. Probably just me
                              "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

Worked great today; thanks! Yesterday the names would come up but all the stats were blank. Probably just me
                                That's great to hear! I've noticed sometimes when I look at stats on that site, sometime the font color for the stats is a light color and makes it hard to read them. I've had to take my mouse and just drag and highlight the entire table to read things. Seemed random though - I'm not sure if it was just with certain teams or if it was the site in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X