Waaaay too early 2021-2022 AAC predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waaaay too early 2021-2022 AAC predictions

.... I only have one... I may have to eat my words about Penny as a coach.... if his kids stay, to me, they are the team to beat... NIT champs...

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    .... I only have one... I may have to eat my words about Penny as a coach.... if his kids stay, to me, they are the team to beat... NIT champs...
    It should become clear within 24-48 hours. He’s already seeking transfers on the portal which tells me that he doesn’t trust his own team to stay put.

Comment

Williams is like 26. He's almost guaranteed to go pro overseas. They were not a good team without him.

Comment

Give us a week or two until we see how the portal goes then id make a prediction. Its way to hard to guess right now.
        Shocker Alumni
        Shocker Club Soccer alumni
        Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Tough to say at this point without knowing what everyone’s roster will look like next year but it’s hard for me to pick anyone except Houston at #1. Memphis should be right there with them. If we can bring in a solid PG who can shoot, another wing who can shoot and make plays, and a big who can rebound and defend we can make some noise.

Could be a pretty good year for the American.

Comment

No matter who he has, his team will forever be held back because he is not a developer.

He doesn’t have any top ten players coming in next year and only 2 top 100. Compare that to his first year when every recruit but lomax was top 100 and several were top 10.

My waaaayy too early prediction is that Houston wins it again, WSU is top 5, Memphis is 4-5 and NIT again.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

No matter who he has, his team will forever be held back because he is not a developer.

He doesn’t have any top ten players coming in next year and only 2 top 100. Compare that to his first year when every recruit but lomax was top 100 and several were top 10.

My waaaayy too early prediction is that Houston wins it again, WSU is top 5, Memphis is 4-5 and NIT again.
              Curious who you think is better than WSU/Memphis

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Curious who you think is better than WSU/Memphis
                Houston. And any AAC team not coached by Penny or Dooley could turn the corner at any time.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Houston. And any AAC team not coached by Penny or Dooley could turn the corner at any time.
                  True. But we already got our cancel culture over with. We goooood!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Houston has an old team. All depends who comes back for a 5th/6th year between Jarreau, Gresham, Gorham, White and Grimes (maybe go pro)

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      ... If we can bring in a solid PG who can shoot, another wing who can shoot and make plays, and a big who can rebound and defend we can make some noise.

Could be a pretty good year for the American.
                      I bet that is on the wish list for a lot of teams.

But we do have a lot of good pieces returning.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Houston has an old team. All depends who comes back for a 5th/6th year between Jarreau, Gresham, Gorham, White and Grimes (maybe go pro)
                        I didn't realize they had so many SRs. They still have a couple of nice young guards and a big in Chaney that should give them a solid starting lineup, especially if Grimes returns, which I expect he will. They'll be really young next year but should still be pretty good. I don't know what their recruiting class looks like and Sampson could always pick up a xfer or two to help solidify their depth. Not sure I'd say they're a runaway favorite to win the league, but they could still very well be in the picture.

SMU doesn't appear to be losing a ton. They could be in the picture.

Memphis who knows. But they should still have enough athletes to be in the race.

Cincy would have if they didn't just implode.

The others are kind of hard. I'd think Tulane will continue to improve. USF is going trough some turmoil so they will probably take a step back. Tulsa is Tulsa and will finish middle of the pack. I keep waiting for Temple to take that next step and they keep refusing. UCF seems like they could have the possibility of stepping up. Do we even need to mention ECU?

A lot can change with recruiting and xfers still to come, but I think there's no clear cut favorite and it'll be a race between Wichita, Memphis, Houston and SMU. Outside chance of a UCF or Tulsa depending on the Golden Showers schedule, getting into the mix.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I didn't realize they had so many SRs. They still have a couple of nice young guards and a big in Chaney that should give them a solid starting lineup, especially if Grimes returns, which I expect he will. They'll be really young next year but should still be pretty good. I don't know what their recruiting class looks like and Sampson could always pick up a xfer or two to help solidify their depth. Not sure I'd say they're a runaway favorite to win the league, but they could still very well be in the picture.

SMU doesn't appear to be losing a ton. They could be in the picture.

Memphis who knows. But they should still have enough athletes to be in the race.

Cincy would have if they didn't just implode.

The others are kind of hard. I'd think Tulane will continue to improve. USF is going trough some turmoil so they will probably take a step back. Tulsa is Tulsa and will finish middle of the pack. I keep waiting for Temple to take that next step and they keep refusing. UCF seems like they could have the possibility of stepping up. Do we even need to mention ECU?

A lot can change with recruiting and xfers still to come, but I think there's no clear cut favorite and it'll be a race between Wichita, Memphis, Houston and SMU. Outside chance of a UCF or Tulsa depending on the Golden Showers schedule, getting into the mix.

This was posted by an SMU fan on the AAC board. They are expecting multiple transfers still

SMU hit by the portal. McNeill has entered.

Charles Smith IV has entered the portal as well. Anei is most likely the next.

Kendrick Davis will test the NBA waters but reserve his right to return.

Feron Hunt thinks he’s ready for the NBA ( he’s got another think coming!)

Waiting to see if graduation guys: Jasey, Chaggy, Douglas and Ray move on or suck up a roster spot next year.

And the worst news of all?

Jank will be back.

Move over ESU and Tulane, we are headed to the bottom of the standings for years to come. We now have a lame duck coach and an AD who is scared of his shadow.

We are screwed.
                          I think UCF has the biggest potential to jump up the ranking. They were the polar opposite of us this year. Lost nearly all of their close games. I think they landed a pretty good transfer already if I remember right.

Comment

This is why this conversation could change drastically a month from now as we'll have a better feel for rosters going into next year.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Thread on AG was closed so I'll post here. IB publicly stated players needed to state
                              their intentions to leave or stay one week after the close of the season nd we are now past that.
                              AG and the rest need to declare asap, not for me, but for the program. It is not likely a
                              quality transfer will come here for a year or two if he knows his position is already pretty
                              much settled. I believe, for us, that would apply to our 1,2,3 and maybe 5 players. To get a
                              real quality freshman the same applies. Can't project next season yet because of so much
                              uncertainty especially at PG. Unless we improve with a couple new pretty good players I see
                              us finishing 3rd to fifth and most likely NIT

Comment

Working...
                              X