No announcement yet.

Waaaay too early 2021-2022 AAC predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an AAC prediction, but we are in this way too early top 25.

The 2021-2022 college basketball season has come to a close. Either way, here is the way too early 2021-2022 college basketball top 25. 

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

https://thegamehaus.com/college-bask...25/2021/04/05/
      man, i wouldn't have expected that. udeze needs some help, for one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post

man, i wouldn't have expected that. udeze needs some help, for one thing.
        He just got some last week.

Comment

I'm surprised by the ranking, considering WSU has absolutely no experience at the point. Porter didn't play enough to even be considered a seasoned returner.

Comment

I have not heard of Joe DiTullio or "GameHaus" - he is a graduate of Xavier and resides in Cincinnati. I appreciate his support of the Shockers but he may be a bit premature.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I have not heard of Joe DiTullio or "GameHaus" - he is a graduate of Xavier and resides in Cincinnati. I appreciate his support of the Shockers but he may be a bit premature.
              Given your track record, you all but sealed up a national championship for WSU. Thanks.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Anything mentioning the Shox and Top 25 is welcome as it can only help our recruiting endeavors.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Given your track record, you all but sealed up a national championship for WSU. Thanks.
                  Nabob I hope your typically snide remark is correct this time.

Comment

These experts don't know very much about each team, at least not like we fans do. All he sees is the Co-AAC (TE) returning to the Shockers, and that he led us to an NCAA Tournament at-large invitation, an AAC Championship as well as a strong record for the year. The problem with all of these Early Predictions is that with the new Transfer rules, no one knows what any team will be like. It's a lot of change from this year, and the changes aren't just coming from graduations, and professional contracts, like they have in the past.

Comment

If KU is anything like what we saw in the tourney, he’s Waaaaaay off.

Comment

ESPN has us at 27.

Comment

For what it's worth...Vegas has us tied as the 3rd favorite in the AAC to win the title tied with SMU behind Houston and Memphis.

Comment

TBH, we should be top 3. Assuming we get better, if TE gets better, if Council and Monzy get better, if Udeze gets better. If Jenkins gets better, and Porter gets better, and Dex gets better.... And the new big guy contributes.

Why wouldn't we challenge for another AAC championship.

Especially if they keep that sting of losing late motivate them and get a 10k full Koch arena for half the games at their back.

If we just assume we will get better, then we will compete. If we don't, at the minimum, get better, then 1 of 2 things is true:

1. We possibly made a mistake hiring IB (I'm not necessarily gonna jump ship on him after 1 year, but 2 years of moving in reverse will be..... concerning)

2. We weren't as good as we thought last year.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              To be fair, I think that is far too high. We were in the 60s and 70s for basically all metrics this season even though we won the league.

There's a lot unknown next year. We have two starters (Wade and Gilbert) leaving, which was the right thing, but there are far too many unknowns next season to say with any degree of confidence that we are even a fringe Top 25 team. If we have a returning player or two make a huge jump (possible but we shouldn't count on it) and McFarlane turns out to be a stud, that would change.

I would love to be wrong, but that's the way I see it now.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

From Andy Katz:

21. Wichita State: If the AAC co-player of the year Tyson Etienne is returning then the Shockers will be AAC title contenders.
                                Houston at 11, Memphis at 22.

A day after the 2021 national champion was crowned — Andy Katz shares his way-too-early Power 36 rankings for the upcoming college basketball season.

Comment

Working...
                                X