Waaaay too early 2021-2022 AAC predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Given your track record, you all but sealed up a national championship for WSU. Thanks.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It appears we will return 3 really good contributors, at least 2 of which have a good deal of upside, in addition to 3 other solid pieces, at least 1 of which has a good deal of upside.

Not a bad position to be in, but not great either. I think it's fair to say better than average so one could expect improvement.. As ShockerPrez said though with #2, perhaps we weren't as good as we think in 20-21. A real possibility.

Way too many unknowns at this point to have meaningful comparisons imho. Must keep up the support though, it's all we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Given your track record, you all but sealed up a national championship for WSU. Thanks.
        I thought much the same, he made a fair point, but then when I saw who posted it, my 1st thought was....so what am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          From Andy Katz:

Houston at 11, Memphis at 22.

A day after the 2021 national champion was crowned — Andy Katz shares his way-too-early Power 36 rankings for the upcoming college basketball season.

Andy ain't no dummy...

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
            For what it's worth...Vegas has us tied as the 3rd favorite in the AAC to win the title tied with SMU behind Houston and Memphis.
            when are people gonna stop loving SMU and Memphis so much?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              TBH, we should be top 3. Assuming we get better, if TE gets better, if Council and Monzy get better, if Udeze gets better. If Jenkins gets better, and Porter gets better, and Dex gets better.... And the new big guy contributes.

Why wouldn't we challenge for another AAC championship.

Especially if they keep that sting of losing late motivate them and get a 10k full Koch arena for half the games at their back.

If we just assume we will get better, then we will compete. If we don't, at the minimum, get better, then 1 of 2 things is true:

1. We possibly made a mistake hiring IB (I'm not necessarily gonna jump ship on him after 1 year, but 2 years of moving in reverse will be..... concerning)

2. We weren't as good as we thought last year.
              I have no doubt that Tyson and Udeze will work their asses off this offseason. Monzy seems like a guy that works hard and he has a lot of upside. No clue about Ricky's work ethic and Dexter makes me wonder if he does anything in the offseason the way he starts out every year. I hope I'm wrong about him cuz we need him to come in strong and ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

When Memphis stops being the most talented team in the conference?

As far as SMU, they're always so close to getting over the hump and people will continue believing that they'll take that step
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This. I just don't get it. Most underachieving teams EVERY year.

Comment

I have no doubt that Tyson and Udeze will work their asses off this offseason. Monzy seems like a guy that works hard and he has a lot of upside. No clue about Ricky's work ethic and Dexter makes me wonder if he does anything in the offseason the way he starts out every year. I hope I'm wrong about him cuz we need him to come in strong and ready.
                    Would love to say that if Dex doesn't get better, Ricky will take his minutes, but who knows. While both have shown an ability to drive the lane. RCs shots show a greater affinity for going into the basket, whereas Dex's seem to not. Both are great athletes.

Ricky might have the benefit of having Tyson be there as a mentor and actually soak it in. Dex probably isn't as receptive to that sort of thing (Being that he is older than TE). But whatever Tyson is selling, all the players should be buyers. Because he is the reason there is a whiff of Top 25 aspirations.

Agree with Jackson and Udeze. They look like guys willing to work.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I hope MU and CJ are working on that midrange shot. Hope Cowch IB brings in some players that can shoot. Yeah we get it, you can play great or elite defense but you still have to put the ball in the basket. This is why Baylor is so tough. They can do both.

Comment

USA Today weighs in.

17. Memphis
                        21. Wichita State
                        23. Houston

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I thought Dex did a good job of creating more off the dribble and getting to the basket, particularly mid to late in the season. I want to see him focus on that. I would like to see Mo focus on rebounding. TE should work on ball handling and PG skills. RC4 needs to work with Dex on becoming an elite defender.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                            USA Today weighs in.

17. Memphis
                            21. Wichita State
                            23. Houston

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...25/7076060002/

Comment

USA Today weighs in.

17. Memphis
                              21. Wichita State
                              23. Houston

Don’t these writers know that we had six guys transfer? I’ve been told that six is only one fewer than seven!

Jokes aside, I agree it’s nice that WSU is being recognized in these polls although I also agree that they’re meaningless.

I’ll wait until the roster is finished before I get too excited one way or the other but we are in a much better position this year and depending on who we bring in with the other open scholarships top 25 is not out of the question.

Comment

USA Today weighs in.

17. Memphis
                                21. Wichita State
                                23. Houston

If that ends up being reality I'll happily ban myself, and I can actually do that.

I mean... not to sport a doom boner or anything, but my hopes are not terribly high for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X