No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's okay, I disagree with most of your observations. Who said anything about being AA? Udeze wasn't even on an all conference team, and shouldn't be. I'm baffled at those that watch games and think Mo is some sort of great post presence and someone to be relied upon. He's got a very limited skillset and we should strive for much better from the person who takes the most minutes at the 5.

And nobody has ever compared what he does to X. You, or someone else, used height as an excuse for rebounding and it was just pointed out that there have been great rebounders that were undersized. Mostly because rebounding has little to do with size, and more to do with want to and effort.

You really take just about everything you read on here and push it to some extreme that nobody ever intended.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Shaq - Lazy, fouls too much
      Durley - lazy
      Stutz - Fifi, gets stuffed by 6 footers
      Echenique - weak east hands in the league
      Orukpe - hands of stone, no offense
      Miller - the original fifi

These are the descriptions of the best centers we’ve had under Marshall before their senior years

Comment

• I agree, Dan...I'm baffled at the hate Mo gets...as the late Dennis Green said(paraphrased) "HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!"

And again, I'm always baffled when the experts on here(myself included) feel qualified to pass judgements on players and coaches way better than they will ever be...

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          I agree, Dan...I'm baffled at the hate Mo gets...as the late Dennis Green said(paraphrased) "HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!"

And again, I'm always baffled when the experts on here(myself included) feel qualified to pass judgements on players and coaches way better than they will ever be...
          At the end of the day I really think it's the headband.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            I agree, Dan...I'm baffled at the hate Mo gets...as the late Dennis Green said(paraphrased) "HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!"

So you think humans can't be qualified to judge talent, if said talent is better than they ever were.

Ridiculous statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Shaq - Lazy, fouls too much
              Durley - lazy

These are the descriptions of the best centers we’ve had under Marshall before their senior years
              I like Mo and hope he continues to improve next year. He showed he can make a big difference in free throw shooting in the off season. I would like to see him work on developing a 10 foot and in shot to give him a little more versatility. Second and third would be passing out of the post and boxing out better.
              I'm curious how you all would rank Dan's centers from above including Mo. I would take Orukpe out since he never got the kind of minutes the others did and was always part of a trifecta of centers. At this point I would rank Mo behind the others on this list in their senior or 4th year. If Mo can surpass any or most of them this coming year he will be a beast.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I'm getting the impression that Mo is undersized, doesn't get off the floor well, and has a limited skillset. But when I look at his stats, he made over 60% of his FG attempts. That's some amazing efficiency for a guy with all those weaknesses. How does he overcome all those weaknesses and still put the ball in the basket that efficiently?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                  I'm getting the impression that Mo is undersized, doesn't get off the floor well, and has a limited skillset. But when I look at his stats, he made over 60% of his FG attempts. That's some amazing efficiency for a guy with all those weaknesses. How does he overcome all those weaknesses and still put the ball in the basket that efficiently?
                  He seemed to do a lot better when we started driving more and he would find a spot under the basket. When the help defense left him alone he would get easy buckets. He seemed to thrive in that more than trying to be a pure post player with his back to the basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                    I'm getting the impression that Mo is undersized, doesn't get off the floor well, and has a limited skillset. But when I look at his stats, he made over 60% of his FG attempts. That's some amazing efficiency for a guy with all those weaknesses. How does he overcome all those weaknesses and still put the ball in the basket that efficiently?
                    It's easy, he simply works his a$$ off...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I think his footwork down low is pretty good. He is able to score over and around bigger centers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Shaq - Lazy, fouls too much
                        Durley - lazy

Miller played for Turg
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

He seemed to do a lot better when we started driving more and he would find a spot under the basket. When the help defense left him alone he would get easy buckets. He seemed to thrive in that more than trying to be a pure post player with his back to the basket.
                          This is exactly his best offense and where he did most of his damage
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

So you think humans can't be qualified to judge talent, if said talent is better than they ever were.

Ridiculous statement.
                            On a VERY shallow FAN'S EYE level ....yes. But on a really know the game level, not so much, and not by most people...myself included.

I was fortunate to play ball at a college level for a bit, but my last couple of years in college, I sat in the stands and critiqued the coach mercilessly......'he's an idiot!" Then I wandered into a small time, relatively shortlived coaching hoops 'career'...and I quickly found out how stupid I was about the inner workers....

So...yeah...I think we are often way harsh when we don't know and couldn't do ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

This is complete bs. Mo was catching it with his back to the basket all season, backing defenders down, and either pivoting and scoring or hooking it over the top for score or whipping around putting it on the floor and scoring. Back to the basket is the primary way he played and received the ball all year. Go back and watch. Sure he got some assists while being in position facing the bucket but many more on post up moves. Mo was solid this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It's easy, he simply works his a$$ off...
                                Hell yeah. It's baffling how educated b-ball fans couldn't notice that.

But, I'm really excited to see the Shocks next year with, at a minimum, Houston type size on the front line. That's not quite Kentucky size (or Memphis) but it's better than what we had this past season.

Comment

Working...
                                X