Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET EXCITED!!

Comment

• I’m hyped for this kid. This is gonna look really good once he gets established.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I’m hyped for this kid. This is gonna look really good once he gets established.
        Seems to check a lot of boxes.

Shooting ability? 36% on threes on almost 500 attempts in his career, never shot below 33% in a season.

Defense? Two time all defensive team. Averaged 2 steals a game the last two years.

Physicality? He’s 6’1 and built well yet has good end to end speed with the ball and a really quick burst off his crossover. Not a dunker but has good body control, can attack off the dribble and finish with both hands.

Good command of the pick and roll game and can find the open man off the bounce.

Looks like his biggest weakness might be a love for the flashy play which could result in turnovers at this level. Plays with exuberance which I like.
        Last edited by pie n eye; April 13, 2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Meh. He is a D2 point guard. 2 Stars. Hope he is a diamond in the rough, but he is not somebody that makes me go HCIB is awesome recruiter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Meh. He is a D2 point guard. 2 Stars. Hope he is a diamond in the rough, but he is not somebody that makes me go HCIB is awesome recruiter.
            A lot of posters seem to forget who our program usually gets in recruiting.

This guy has better offers than almost all the PGs we have signed within the past 2-3 years. What does SB know that Cunzo Martin, Isaac Brown, and Buzz Williams do not?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

A lot of posters seem to forget who our program usually gets in recruiting.

This guy has better offers than almost all the PGs we have signed within the past 2-3 years. What does SB know that Cunzo Martin, Isaac Brown, and Buzz Williams do not?
              Yeah. Marshall couldn't hardly land more than 3* recruits and he was our winningest coach. And yet people think Brown is gonna magically outrecruit Marshall his first recruiting cycle.......

I don't know how successful Brown will be. Jury is still out. But I am willing to sit back for a bit and see what happens....
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah. Marshall couldn't hardly land more than 3* recruits and he was our winningest coach. And yet people think Brown is gonna magically outrecruit Marshall his first recruiting cycle.......

I don't know how successful Brown will be. Jury is still out. But I am willing to sit back for a bit and see what happens....
                Don't go down the Hate Marshall path. If this guy can play, we will know soon enough. It has been pointed out that a number of other major programs were also hoping to talk him into playing for them. Recruitment is a tough business, and this year is unprecedented.

If he is as good as Brown and staff think, there is one other positive for him. Most likely, he isn't a "prima dona star" who needs an attitude adjustment. He will probably fit into whatever role that Brown has in mind for him and I doubt that he has to have lots of minutes of playing time, lots of shots, and the ball in his hands all the time to be happy. He does appear to be a ball in his hands at the end of the clock type of guard, and at the end of close games when we are utilizing the clock as our friend, and play makers are necessary, if he improves his turnover numbers, he should be successful. He should fit into a rotation of TE, Porter, with a little Jenkins fitting in too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Don't go down the Hate Marshall path. If this guy can play, we will know soon enough. It has been pointed out that a number of other major programs were also hoping to talk him into playing for them. Recruitment is a tough business, and this year is unprecedented.

If he is as good as Brown and staff think, there is one other positive for him. Most likely, he isn't a "prima dona star" who needs an attitude adjustment. He will probably fit into whatever role that Brown has in mind for him and I doubt that he has to have lots of minutes of playing time, lots of shots, and the ball in his hands all the time to be happy. He does appear to be a ball in his hands at the end of the clock type of guard, and at the end of close games when we are utilizing the clock as our friend, and play makers are necessary, if he improves his turnover numbers, he should be successful. He should fit into a rotation of TE, Porter, with a little Jenkins fitting in too.
                  Lol I wasn't hating on Marshall. I loved having him as coach. Didn't want to see him go

I said that to the people hating on Brown because they don't think he is bringing in the level of recruits he should

People act like Marshall was bringing in 5* recruits the way they bag on Brown

Otherwise I agree with what you said
                  Last edited by shockerfan; April 14, 2021, 09:20 AM.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

This is a good post. The only thing I would add is I don’t think OP was hating on Marshall, the opposite actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

This is a good post. The only thing I would add is I don’t think OP was hating on Marshall, the opposite actually.
                      My point is that No one should be comparing GM to IB at this point. At some point, there will be some comparisons, but for Marshall to bring our program from where it was when he arrived, a depleted MVC program (albeit not as low as when Turgeon arrived), who had won two years before, but a depleted roster when GM took over, to being considered a National Power, is just an amazing run. IB will never be that, but we hopefully will be talking about IB as a coach who continued what GM started, and maintained it. That won't get IB into the GM/Ralph National Power tier discussion, but maybe he can insert himself into the Smithson/Turgeon tier discussion.

Comment

My point is that No one should be comparing GM to IB at this point. At some point, there will be some comparisons, but for Marshall to bring our program from where it was when he arrived, a depleted MVC program (albeit not as low as when Turgeon arrived), who had won two years before, but a depleted roster when GM took over, to being considered a National Power, is just an amazing run. IB will never be that, but we hopefully will be talking about IB as a coach who continued what GM started, and maintained it. That won't get IB into the GM/Ralph National Power tier discussion, but maybe he can insert himself into the Smithson/Turgeon tier discussion.
                        We actually agree on this....honestly

Comment

Randy's dad did pretty much the same thing GM did.

Comment

Wait a second. You went from saying no one should be comparing IB to GM, which I agree with although I understand why people do, to putting a ceiling on what IB can accomplish here. Let’s let him put together his first recruiting class before we prematurely cement his legacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Randy's dad did pretty much the same thing GM did.
                              Sorry but on this your wrong.

Elite 8 yes, beat KU, and National Rankings several years, but no F4, 34-0, #1 Seed in NCAA Tourney, Sweet 16, NIT Championship, NIT F4, National Rankings almost every year, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Wait a second. You went from saying no one should be comparing IB to GM, which I agree with although I understand why people do, to putting a ceiling on what IB can accomplish here. Let’s let him put together his first recruiting class before we prematurely cement his legacy.
                                If he can do what I listed above, I'll then give him that credit. IMO, he won't do that again. If he wins a National Championship, I'll be glad to eat crow and put him above GM. He will then be deserving.

Comment

Working...
                                X