No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From CBS Sports, transfer portal winners and losers.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...s-on-the-move/

Talk about uninformed . . .

Winner: Isaac Brown settles things down at Wichita State

The promotion of interim coach Isaac Brown from interim coach to head coach appears to have had a stabilizing effect on Wichita State's roster. After a mass exodus following the 2019-20 season, the Shockers don't have a single player on the portal, according to 247Sports. With no commitments in the 2021 class listed either, it appears the Shockers are gearing up to run it back after finishing 16-6, winning the AAC and qualifying for the NCAA Tournament. That formula could help Wichita State flirt with preseason top-25 status. Expect athletic directors to monitor how this in-house transition plays out, because the familiarity factor in coaching hires is going to become increasingly important when it comes to roster stability.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      From CBS Sports, transfer portal winners and losers.

He’s technicality correct, we really don’t have anyone “on the portal”, but a few in...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He’s technicality correct, we really don’t have anyone “on the portal”, but a few in...

I'm on the portal quite regularly during the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Sorry, other link was to stats.

https://youtu.be/-JQAW7XF03k
          wow. I loved that video. And then I realized I couldn't stand it. And then I realized that if i muted it I loved it again. Holy crap! Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            From CBS Sports, transfer portal winners and losers.

Actually if you look at the portal page for WSU at the site he mentions, there isn't anyone listed. Go to https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Ba...ransferPortal/ and then pick Teams, AAC, and Wichita State, and it takes you to this page - https://247sports.com/college/wichit...ransferPortal/ - and it's blank.

Edited to add - looks like he removed the Isaac Brown reference - maybe he found out there are WSU players in the portal and the 247sports site isn't correct.
            Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; April 8, 2021, 09:33 PM.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

You asked for someone to give you a brief run down of the players we are losing and gaining. I did that and there was literally one player on the “gaining” list - McFarlane. Then you turned around and asked if he have him.

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/20...tmcfarlaneusjt
              Funny story. Here's what happened: I was just about to leave so I was rushing. I did read this: "Gained: Matt McFarlane (6’10 Juco. Played two years at Colby CC..." - but I immediately took him as a walk-on, Brett Barney, farmer-type who wore concrete sneakers. I mean, I erased the name from my working memory nearly immediately after reading "Matt" lol. Then when you mentioned that I would forget about Bilau if I watched a video of "McFarlane", I reentered him in my brain as a new recruit lol. See, the key was leaving off the first name "Matt". No way a ballin' brutha is gonna be named "Matt". Lmao!

P.S. Thanks for the video link! He look scary legit! I am already forgetting about Bilau.

Comment

I’m not even sure what video is being referred to. The only Bilau footage I remember was him shooting 15 foot jumpers in an empty gym.
                There's a video where he does some slick dribbling around the perimeter and then flashes to the basket finishing like all 6'10" ballas should; with speed, poise, and aggression. Even in an empty gym, he displayed the coordination and dribbling skills of a wing. That characteristic is a key component of most NBA big men. Tall AF, w/ handles like someone much shorter.

Bilau certainly had the talent from that video. What couldn't be evaluated was his heart, work ethic, and IQ. I believe I said as much when I first saw the video. Oh well... BRING ON MATT! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

wow. I loved that video. And then I realized I couldn't stand it. And then I realized that if i muted it I loved it again. Holy crap! Really?
                  The music was...not great...and I enjoy hip hop/rap.

Comment

The music was...not great...and I enjoy hip hop/rap.
                    i muted it pretty quick, and I, too, enjoy the melodies of the inner city that chronicle the toils of the modern day impecunious folk.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If you’re not reading/can’t follow my posts then I’m not going to bother responding.
                      Actually he is just demonstrating his "attention-seeking narcissism". He makes his "Requests" and watch some of you fall over to respond to him. It gives him a "woody"

woody.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually he is just demonstrating his "attention-seeking narcissism". He makes his "Requests" and watch some of you fall over to respond to him. It gives him a "woody"

woody.jpg

Comment

• Truth hurts just as much in the basketball forum as it does in the political forum.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jamarius Burton in the transfer portal.

Comment

• The grass isn't always greener, and when it is, it may be due to fertilizer. The future owes nothing to anyone. Some folks learn these lessons the hard way.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                                The grass isn't always greener, and when it is, it may be due to fertilizer. The future owes nothing to anyone. Some folks learn these lessons the hard way.
                                Yep. A lot of cautionary tales in the portal the last few years...

Comment

Working...
                                X