Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
    2013 back up. Fred something or other
    I love when we bring out total aberrations. Plus. Fred was backing up a stud. Our incoming back-up will not be backing up a stud.

Actually. I'm totally fine with all the wording, etc. Whatever. Back-up, etc. I think I may have misread the idea that we were expecting some really good news. Hope this works out. I just don't see this as great or good news. It's a dude who could be good. Rock on. Can't wait to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

My comprehension of your post is not working and I am confused, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone on this board. Your first sentence indicates the phrase "back-up 5" might be Taylor's and not the coaches. Then your second sentence suggests because Taylor is a "professional journalist" he would clarify the phrase through the coaches. What is your point? It was Taylor's wording, or was it the coaches wording and Taylor confirmed it prior to printing it. I promise I am not trying to be a butt, just trying to understand.
      My point is that a coach told said “back up 5” to Taylor, then he would have either used quotation marks or used specific wording like “according to coaches”.

He didn’t do either of those things so either A) back up 5 are Taylor’s words based on the assumption that Mo will still be the starter next year or B) THE COACHES ARE RECRUITING BACK UPS AND WE SHOULD ALL BE PISSED!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I love when we bring out total aberrations. Plus. Fred was backing up a stud. Our incoming back-up will not be backing up a stud.

Actually. I'm totally fine with all the wording, etc. Whatever. Back-up, etc. I think I may have misread the idea that we were expecting some really good news. Hope this works out. I just don't see this as great or good news. It's a dude who could be good. Rock on. Can't wait to find out.
        Yeah. We should be landing blue-chippers. Especially big men...since there are so many of them ready to go on day 1 out there. Oh well.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Yesufu from Drake just entered the portal.

Comment

• Depth isn’t important. It doesn’t help win games. Brown, Kelly, Frankamp, Grady, McDuffie, Lufile and I can go on. All were back ups. All played pro ball somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Yesufu from Drake just entered the portal.
              #1 target, if I was recruiting players
              The Assman

Comment

2013 back up. Fred something or other
                I think it was van fleet. I think it was announced as a "backup" that would make an "immediate impact." Turns out they were wrong. No one even remembers his name.

Comment

Depth isn’t important. It doesn’t help win games. Brown, Kelly, Frankamp, Grady, McDuffie, Lufile and I can go on. All were back ups. All played pro ball somewhere.
                  The shox were notoriously deep in the best years under Marshall. This comment is confusing to me.

Also, I recall times this past year with Jayden Seymour at the post and others with only one ball handler on the floor. Those are situations which don't come to pass if we were a deep team.

Comment

• All the usual caveats about how it’s a highlight tape for a reason and reminders of how player X never lived ip to the hype aside...

We recruited a 6’10 player with actual footage of him doing some pretty impressive things in real games. I’m intrigued to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

The shox were notoriously deep in the best years under Marshall. This comment is confusing to me.

Also, I recall times this past year with Jayden Seymour at the post and others with only one ball handler on the floor. Those are situations which don't come to pass if we were a deep team.
                      Check your sarcasm meter..... I think

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

Still disappointed that Seymour left...saw in him as a potential 6'9" McDuffie. At least WSU has McFarlene now, a 6'10" kid who seems to have upside at the 5.

Comment

• Question: what happens when these guys enter the transfer portal and either
                          a. No one shows interest
                          b. Lesser school, conference is the only one that shows interest.

Seems like it can be quite the gamble when the ideal school isn’t interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            Question: what happens when these guys enter the transfer portal and either
                            a. No one shows interest

I'm guessing they hope like hell their original school takes them back and they learn to humble themselves and work their butts off to get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                              Question: what happens when these guys enter the transfer portal and either
                              a. No one shows interest

the majority are not moving up

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

the majority are not moving up
                                I'm not an actuary, but provided they stayed DI wouldn't as many move up as down?
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X