2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I don’t think JUCO stats are super reliable or worth investing in much. Watch his video and you can see the talent.
    I did watch the video - and again it's done against terrible defense. Guess I just don't get enthralled with every recruit like some of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      Well he is 45th in scoring in the Jayhawk Conference. I'm not as excited as some of you. This is a conference that plays absolutely no defense. Hell Cowley averaged 107 pts per game. I think he is 5th on his own team in scoring. Hoping for the best though!
      Udeze can score plenty. This guy can do things that Udeze can't.

It's not all about points.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Hey, just trying to get clarity on what Taylor reported. Taylor using "Back-up" not me, so I am assuming that is what Brown told him. I am not freaking out by any means. I just see lack of insight of this strategy (promoting the concept of recruiting back-ups). I never remember Marshall referring a signed recruit as a back-up, or Scott Thompson for that matter. Just think it is a bad communication strategy.
        Yeah, it’s an interesting thing to say. I guess we’ll see what happens.

Comment

I did watch the video - and again it's done against terrible defense. Guess I just don't get enthralled with every recruit like some of you.
          I have a feeling you don't get excited for much.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

So I guess you’ve never gotten excited about any juco player we’ve ever added, since there’s minimal defense at that level. Kid should be a solid addition. Not really much to dislike.

Comment

Hey, just trying to get clarity on what Taylor reported. Taylor using "Back-up" not me, so I am assuming that is what Brown told him. I am not freaking out by any means. I just see lack of insight of this strategy (promoting the concept of recruiting back-ups). I never remember Marshall referring a signed recruit as a back-up, or Scott Thompson for that matter. Just think it is a bad communication strategy.
              But why automatically assume the words are the coaches and not Taylor’s? Taylor is a professional journalist, if he was told something by the coach he usually makes that clear.

Comment

• No one said this will be the only big guy we sign. Lord knows we could use a couple more.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Not to mention this is all based on a sub tweet. Nowhere in Taylor’s main tweets or article is the word back up mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    No one said this will be the only big guy we sign. Lord knows we could use a couple more.
                    Yes we still have what.... 5 Scholarships left?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

But why automatically assume the words are the coaches and not Taylor’s? Taylor is a professional journalist, if he was told something by the coach he usually makes that clear.
                      My comprehension of your post is not working and I am confused, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone on this board. Your first sentence indicates the phrase "back-up 5" might be Taylor's and not the coaches. Then your second sentence suggests because Taylor is a "professional journalist" he would clarify the phrase through the coaches. What is your point? It was Taylor's wording, or was it the coaches wording and Taylor confirmed it prior to printing it. I promise I am not trying to be a butt, just trying to understand.

Comment

Well he is 45th in scoring in the Jayhawk Conference. I'm not as excited as some of you. This is a conference that plays absolutely no defense. Hell Cowley averaged 107 pts per game. I think he is 5th on his own team in scoring. Hoping for the best though!
                        Have you seen JC ball? It's guard dominated almost everywhere. Big man stats don't usually jump out at you at that level.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Have you seen JC ball? It's guard dominated almost everywhere. Big man stats don't usually jump out at you at that level.
                          Yes I've seen it and am well aware. I'll just hope for the best and move on at this point!

Comment

Sorry...you don't use the term back-up at any position when getting ready to sign a player.
                            Do they ever say "impact backup" player?

Comment

• This thread is on the verge of the BodyBuilding.com topic where they debated how many days per week a guy worked out.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• 2013 back up. Fred something or other

Comment

Working...
                                X