2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NM
    Last edited by ky-mike; March 30, 2021, 12:51 PM. Reason: Late with a question

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Here is my question. We all know (well I hope so by now anyway) that everyone will get an extra year of eligibility because of Covid and that IF the senior stays at the school, their scholarship will not count towards the 13 scholarship limit. What if that senior transfers to another school to use that scholarship (a la Trey Wade)? From what I've read, WSU will actually not be able to fill that scholarship. Meaning if AG stays, they would be capped at 14 rather than 15 potential scholarships because of Wade leaving. Anyone have any other insight in to this?
      Why would we need a 14th/15th scholarship that Trey or AG wouldn’t use? The point of the waiver was to protect team from choose between running off seniors and having to tell signed recruits that they can’t come to team. If AG and/or Trey are here, we don’t need those extra scholarships. Make sense?
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Why would we need a 14th/15th scholarship that Trey or AG wouldn’t use? The point of the waiver was to protect team from choose between running off seniors and having to tell signed recruits that they can’t come to team. If AG and/or Trey are here, we don’t need those extra scholarships. Make sense?
        Makes perfect sense, which is why I said the same thing in my post. Lol!

Comment

• If Trey Wade is transferring to be with his brother, good for them. Trey has been basically flawless since arriving and no one should begrudge a decision made because of family.

But if he left because we "recruited over him" (and as of yet there is zero evidence of that) then there is something tragically wrong. First, there's basically no chance we're going to bring in any combination of players that are capable of changing Trey's work load next season. Second, if someone on our staff convinced him of that, then shame on us. He's done everything asked of him and as Kel Varnsen said, he's done it professionally.

Either way, best of luck young man. Go be a star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Hopefully, there is someone who is highly recruited that we are close to, but I doubt that playing time would be guaranteed to anyone. Words may have been exchanged that we have a goal to recruit longer players at his position, but not more than that imo.
            I agree. I don't think there were conversations guaranteeing playing time. Might have been some discussions about reduced playing time though. He did say Porter will be the starting point guard which kind of surprised me that he would commit to that this early.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              If Trey Wade is transferring to be with his brother, good for them. Trey has been basically flawless since arriving and no one should begrudge a decision made because of family.

But if he left because we "recruited over him" (and as of yet there is zero evidence of that) then there is something tragically wrong. First, there's basically no chance we're going to bring in any combination of players that are capable of changing Trey's work load next season. Second, if someone on our staff convinced him of that, then shame on us. He's done everything asked of him and as Kel Varnsen said, he's done it professionally.

Either way, best of luck young man. Go be a star.
              Well said; you have expressed my sentiments exactly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I agree. I don't think there were conversations guaranteeing playing time. Might have been some discussions about reduced playing time though. He did say Porter will be the starting point guard which kind of surprised me that he would commit to that this early.
                He's the only PG on the roster at the moment. Not really that surprising that he would be the starting PG at the moment going into next year. Odds are, outside of a grad transfer, he'll start the season at PG not matter who we add.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think he just wants to play with his brother... Not much else to read into... Little bro didn't fit with Wichita State... Let's go where we can both play.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                    I think he just wants to play with his brother... Not much else to read into... Little bro didn't fit with Wichita State... Let's go where we can both play.
                    Taylor mentioned in his article, that he made the decision after going home to Georgia and talking with his family. I'm sure playing more in front of his family the last year would play into it also.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He's the only PG on the roster at the moment. Not really that surprising that he would be the starting PG at the moment going into next year. Odds are, outside of a grad transfer, he'll start the season at PG not matter who we add.
                      It will be interesting to see which direction they go for the PG spot.

Sounds like Tyson is going to play more point which would lead me to believe we’ll look at a freshman to fill in behind Porter and Etienne.

Then again, with Jenkins returning maybe he plays primarily at the 2 but is the de facto third PG. Porter also has the ability to play multiple positions. I guess we’ll see how things shake out in the coming weeks.

Comment

• Wondering if Dennis is moving back to playing the 4 if we don't land one. Either Dennis or Council have to be there if you want them both starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                          Wondering if Dennis is moving back to playing the 4 if we don't land one. Either Dennis or Council have to be there if you want them both starting.
                          IB talked last night that Dexter would play some 2, didn’t he? My guess is when Tyson plays some 1.

Comment

IB talked last night that Dexter would play some 2, didn’t he? My guess is when Tyson plays some 1.
                            Yea, probably see a Etienne, Dennis, RC, Monzy, Udeze lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                              Wondering if Dennis is moving back to playing the 4 if we don't land one. Either Dennis or Council have to be there if you want them both starting.
                              They both don't have to start. But they can both still play 20+ minutes a game because they're not beholden to just one position. We really shouldn't want either playing the 4 if at all possible.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Then they both need to work on ball handling and driving to the basket ALL SUMMER.

That’s the positions they are going to have to play, if they ever want a shot in the NBA, so it would be in their best interest to improve in those areas.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X