2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Well yeah. If it's not recruiting, or coaching in games, what then?
    Wow...have you coached? You seem to know a lot about it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

IMO some of the positives he brings includes
      — affability
      — players respect him
      — classroom emphasis
      ​​​​​​— won’t embarrass the program through misbehavior
      ​​​— professional
      ​​​​— good equilibrium between the development of a players basketball skills as well as development of their character and scholastics achievements
      ​​​​— respectful
      — humble
      all admirable qualities

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

If we didn't hire IB it would've been a complete disaster.
        That is just silly hyperbole.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

That is just silly hyperbole.
          You must be new here. Of course it was was a disaster that we hired him and it would have been a disaster if we didn't!!!

Comment

If we didn't hire IB it would've been a complete disaster.
            Care to explain since no one has any idea what you're talking about?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Care to explain since no one has any idea what you're talking about?
              UT Martin just had their entire roster transfer after their HC died and didn't retain the interim. These are Marshall's recruits, and they are staying because it's the same coaching staff.

Comment

UT Martin just had their entire roster transfer after their HC died and didn't retain the interim. These are Marshall's recruits, and they are staying because it's the same coaching staff.
                Damn!

Comment

So you're equating Tennesee-Martin to Wichita State?

So far, 3 Marshall recruits are out and rumors are they are not the only ones.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So what? In this day and age you can fill an entire talented roster with the right hire and connections.

Comment

• Does Dexters friend the walk on count? If he does does Kellen count and how many of Marshall's managers are now gone? Looks like an exodus to me at this point.

Comment

Lol dude. You have no idea what it was like before Marshall. Maybe you should go back to rooting for the buckeyes or bowling green. Life existed before Landry and frankly the basketball was better then too.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I wonder how the transfer portal affects the prospects of kids coming out of high school. Certainly, the highly-rated guys will find a spot, but I would guess that those who are not in that exclusive group might get overlooked when the competition is a guy who plays the same position and has a year or two D1 experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                            I wonder how the transfer portal affects the prospects of kids coming out of high school. Certainly, the highly-rated guys will find a spot, but I would guess that those who are not in that exclusive group might get overlooked when the competition is a guy who plays the same position and has a year or two D1 experience.
                            The transfer portal currently has around 920 players this year a d with 357 D1 teams, that gives 4,641 scholarships in total. So a little less than 20% of players are in the portal, and I believe that 920 includes players who were not on scholarship although could be looking to transfer to receive one. I think the pandemic and shifting eligibility of players will create results in the portal that wont necessarily continue once the dust settles although players transferring will probably still continue at a rate higher than the past.

Anyway, my belief is that staffs will certainly look to the portal to plug holes they see an immediate need in their rosters or balance graduating classes, but there will still be plenty of demand for players out of high school. If I were a high school player I might be more willing to take a risk and play at a lower level school where I can show my talents and transfer up, rather than commit to being 3rd on the depth chart and hope to play regular minutes as a Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              I wonder how the transfer portal affects the prospects of kids coming out of high school. Certainly, the highly-rated guys will find a spot, but I would guess that those who are not in that exclusive group might get overlooked when the competition is a guy who plays the same position and has a year or two D1 experience.
                              My guess is the talent will be spread out more. Conferences like the MVC and Summit will start getting better players. The 1 and done high school players will still go to the P5 schools and Memphis, etc., but with those rosters filling up faster because of transfers, more of the high school talent will trickle down to the conferences below the P5. High school players that were good enough to play D-I ball, but wouldn't see much playing time, will now start playing for D-II schools instead. This will still depend a lot on the player's ego, where most believe they can play and start for a D-I school.

The final result will be more balanced teams in the tournaments. A 15-seed beating a 2-seed will start to be more common.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

My guess is the talent will be spread out more. Conferences like the MVC and Summit will start getting better players. The 1 and done high school players will still go to the P5 schools and Memphis, etc., but with those rosters filling up faster because of transfers, more of the high school talent will trickle down to the conferences below the P5. High school players that were good enough to play D-I ball, but wouldn't see much playing time, will now start playing for D-II schools instead. This will still depend a lot on the player's ego, where most believe they can play and start for a D-I school.

The final result will be more balanced teams in the tournaments. A 15-seed beating a 2-seed will start to be more common.
                                Memphis only has 2 top 100 players committed. 38 and 69
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X