No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cautionary tale from one of Steve Forbes former players at ETSU who has transferred and bounced around:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      This is Jay Bilas’s NBA Lite now.

Thanks Jay! Your ideas are always so grand! Can’t wait til the $$$ starts flowing in and the charge call is eliminated from the game. Should be fun!
      It's unbelievable. They want:

Free transferring
      Paid players
      No required time commitment from players (two years? four years? How can a low-major or mid-major coach build a roster?)
      Required time commitment from teams giving them scholarships that are worth well north of $75k/year at the HM level

Without any acknowledgment of the insane drawbacks for each of those proposals individually, let alone all at once. It's insane.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• maybe Porter realized he's not cut out for this level. Time will tell. I don't see him as the next great PG, which is what we need.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          I wished he had stayed. He seemed like our true point guard. I really thought he would have a coming out party next year - it was just hard for him to get more playing time with whatever promises were made to AG. Juco players usually make more of impact their second year.

But this also shows that you can recruit highly ranked Juco guys, but they are not sure thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I think that will happen every year. Nothing new. But with easy transfer rules I can't imagine we won't lose at least 3 or 4 a year.
            But it shouldn't be that way. If you recruit properly. You have a good program environment. If you are not a blue blood, this is not the path to success. It just feels like all the recruiting misses and transfers are catching up with the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Noooooooooo
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Good luck to CP. He seems like a good kid, but never showed anything that can’t be duplicated by the average PG recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

But it shouldn't be that way. If you recruit properly. You have a good program environment. If you are not a blue blood, this is not the path to success. It just feels like all the recruiting misses and transfers are catching up with the program.
                  Have you looked around college basketball the last couple of years?? Is every program not recruiting, because this same thing is happening to virtually every team every year the last few years. It's not just WSU or even more heavy at WSU. It's more to do with the attitude of the players and their handlers. They have all been told how great they are for years and they think they are entitled to play 30 minutes a game and leave for the league after 1 year. My guess this is part of the reason Kruger is calling it quits.

Comment

• Damn. Liked his height and his looking to pass abilities. A little slow bringing the ball up but I thought it was just cause he was a first year player figuring things out on his way up the court. Tough for kids these days. They have so many options. Participation trophy generation now with a free market. Transfers gonna transfer. Best of luck to the young man. Seems like a good kid!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      This is Jay Bilas’s NBA Lite now.

Thanks Jay! Your ideas are always so grand! Can’t wait til the $$$ starts flowing in and the charge call is eliminated from the game. Should be fun!
                      I don't understand why Bilas doesn't move over to covering the NBA. He only tries to turn college basketball into the same!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Have you looked around college basketball the last couple of years?? Is every program not recruiting, because this same thing is happening to virtually every team every year the last few years. It's not just WSU or even more heavy at WSU. It's more to do with the attitude of the players and their handlers. They have all been told how great they are for years and they think they are entitled to play 30 minutes a game and leave for the league after 1 year. My guess this is part of the reason Kruger is calling it quits.
                        I guess you missed "But it shouldn't be that way." - which recognizes it is happening. You can not just lay all the blame at the feet of the players. Coaching staffs are running players off also.

Comment

• You gotta have 8 solid players and the other guys are all at risk to transfer. Just the way its gonna be

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            Damn. Liked his height and his looking to pass abilities. A little slow bringing the ball up but I thought it was just cause he was a first year player figuring things out on his way up the court. Tough for kids these days. They have so many options. Participation trophy generation now with a free market. Transfers gonna transfer. Best of luck to the young man. Seems like a good kid!
                            I also think he was slow on defense and used his shot blocking capability as a way to make up for it at times. I really hope we can get some true guards in for next year and that the team really bonds together like they did this past year.
                            Some people on FB/Twitter are saying this means Gilbert is staying with Porter leaving? Thoughts? I do not expect Wade or Gilbert to return next year.

Comment

• Hey, if you don't think it happens in Kansas HIGH SCHOOLS, you are not looking....

"Why should I have to wait behind a senior, even though I'm a sophomore???"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X