X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He couldn't defend a four, can't pass, and can't shoot outside 24", He's not a four
    I would like to see what he could do in motion. I agree that he is not a stretch 4.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post
    Mo would make a fantastic 4 when paired with a JT Durley type post.
    He couldn't defend a four, can't pass, and can't shoot outside 24", He's not a four

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post
    I used to think like that, but now I'm in the camp that your 4 has to be able to shoot the 3 to be an elite team.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I too wish we had Amarie Stoudamire in the post but guys like him aren’t coming here. We need improvement everywhere, but our biggest weakness last year was Trey Wade and Monzy at the 4, not Mo at the 5.
    I haven't seen anyone mention him. We've never had someone that good. Well, maybe Antoine, or X, but not as a recruit.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Nobody is blaming Mo for anything. He is what he is. Was he our best big this past season? Of course. But that's not saying much of anything at all as we essentially had nobody else that contributed much of anything. Mo needs help but playing fewer minutes. The perimeter guys need help by having someone more reliable to make good decisions and have their back on D. Mo is a good backup type center. He should not be playing over 20 per game.

We played poorly our last three games. USF was without their best big. Cinci didn't really have a big. They had that one white guy that wasn't very good. Drake had a big guy who was ok.

But if you want, I can go cherry pick games where his numbers were plain bad. Nobody is saying Mo sucks, but he is most definitely not a guy you can or should build around in the post. At least not in a P7 conference.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I too wish we had Amarie Stoudamire in the post but guys like him aren’t coming here. We need improvement everywhere, but our biggest weakness last year was Trey Wade and Monzy at the 4, not Mo at the 5.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    I think TE would be the first one in line taking some blame for the team pooping the bed in the postseason.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Two games in which Mo played well. 9 points, 11 boards against USF, 11/7 against Cinci. Of course he followed that up by going for 22/4 against Drake.

But yeah Tyson, Ricky, and Jackson’s goose eggs against Drake were probably Mo’s fault too.

He should have scored 40. Asking those guys to score 2 points between the three of them is too much pressure.
    No doubt. It's odd how for some reason Mo is the whipping boy for this team not going to the S16, as if Wade and Jackson carried the load down low. Clearly Mo was WSU's best post man, and it wasn't even close.

If we're going to play the game of pointing fingers at what held the team back from going to the Elite 8 shouldn't the guard play in March, which was wretched, be a part of the conversation? That's just a rhetorical question by the way (I'm happy with the season the Shocks just completed).

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    I’m not saying Mo is Trash. He’s going to give minutes (hopefully not above 20 minutes if we want to be good). However, I’ve heard some of you give the suggestion that Mo needs help from Dexter, Ricky, Tyson, Joe Pleasant, etc.

My question is how good would Dexter, Ricky, Pleasant, and Tyson be if we had a dominant Center who could protect the rim on defense, rebound 8 rebounds a game, and effectively pass when double teamed? We would be very good imo.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We showed our domination in the AAC Tournament. Lost to a bad Cincinnati team after a sub-par performance against a bad South Florida team minus one of their best players.
    Yeah we lost to Cincinnati 60 to 59. We lost by 1 point.. And shot 50% from the free throw line for a total of 6 for12. They lost to Drake 53 to 52. Again shot 50% from the free throw line. The Shocks shot 11 for 22. Heck the shocks missed more free throws than what Drake shot in the entire game.. If the Shocks even shoot 65% from the free throw line in those games they win both of those games.

In my opinion the Shocks are not too far off from being a really good team. Coach Brown has recruited to address some of the weaknesses. Now they just need to get in the gym and improve.. And of course shooting free throws like Tulane will result in more wins next year. And fuk Joe Larnardi bracketology prediction. Every year the same old bullsht from him and the bluebloods.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We showed our domination in the AAC Tournament. Lost to a bad Cincinnati team after a sub-par performance against a bad South Florida team minus one of their best players.
    Two games in which Mo played well. 9 points, 11 boards against USF, 11/7 against Cinci. Of course he followed that up by going for 22/4 against Drake.

But yeah Tyson, Ricky, and Jackson’s goose eggs against Drake were probably Mo’s fault too.

He should have scored 40. Asking those guys to score 2 points between the three of them is too much pressure.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    I like his tenacity. Liked seeing his improvement this past season. Love him taking charges and when I look back...it sure seems he brings it every night. Another off-season and perhaps he can become a better passer. Another big playing beside him and perhaps he becomes a better rebounder. Not the smoothest cat down low on the offensive side...but he works...and I wouldn't be surprised to see marked improvement going in to next season. Go Shocks!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Mo needs help down low, both at the 4 and the backup 5. I think we all agree. Mo is not the best post player we’ve ever had but he’s pretty good and would be better with a supporting cast. I think that about sums it up.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Which is why we have to get better. If he's the best we have, it puts so much more pressure on our perimeter players. Tyson needs help, and hopefully help is on the way with McFarlane and Pleasant and ideally one more on top of that.

If Udeze is an all conference player this year, the AAC has a lack of good bigs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X