• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N Crestway
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Jayden Seymour to East Tennessee State
    Closer to home, scenic wooded hills, and now a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Thinking that in his case the Covid year at WSU was a big negative.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm personally more excited for McFarlane, but I can see Pleasant being the "gem" of the class. He's established and versatile and will probably come in and start right away.
    That would awesome for the Shocks to have 2 6'8" starters on the front line! Or, even 6'10" and 6'8" starters.

Drake and Loyola both had bigger front lines than the Shocks did this year.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    my guess is the NBA wants to see him expand his PG skills, which he may have a chance to do this coming season.
    It's not necessary for Tyson to play the PG position in order to expand his PG skills. He just needs to continue to work on his drive and dish skills, and improve on his ball handling. He already does pretty well in those areas. He just needs to continue to improve.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

really?
    My ears are old and my brain forever young, but that's the fact Jack!

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

really?
    I'm personally more excited for McFarlane, but I can see Pleasant being the "gem" of the class. He's established and versatile and will probably come in and start right away.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I heard coach Brown mention thus far he's the "gem" of the class...
    really?

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    How good is the Pleasant lad?
    He was a better scorer than anyone on the Shocks' front-line this year, and rebounder, so...

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Not a big deal at all with TE. He is doing what he should to get an evaluation of what teams at the next level want to see him do. If he is able to take what he learns from this and apply it to his game, he has the potential to be a 1st round pick. But, not this year.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

And while he will get some minutes at PG I'm not sure it will be enough to really display those skills. My biggest concern, which I admit is totally unfounded, is that after withdrawing from the draft could look for a place in need of a PG. I don't think Tyson would do that, but ultimately he is trying to get to the next level.
    Tyson knows what he has at WSU, which is a guaranteed starring role. It would be a huge risk to give that up. The safer thing, after evaluation, is come to Coach Brown, and say "the NBA wants to see me play more PG minutes". I can almost guarantee Brown would oblige on the condition that Tyson handles the position without hurting the team.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

PG is what he’d have to play in the NBA.

He is not ready to do that.
    And while he will get some minutes at PG I'm not sure it will be enough to really display those skills. My biggest concern, which I admit is totally unfounded, is that after withdrawing from the draft could look for a place in need of a PG. I don't think Tyson would do that, but ultimately he is trying to get to the next level.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    my guess is the NBA wants to see him expand his PG skills, which he may have a chance to do this coming season.
    PG is what he’d have to play in the NBA.

He is not ready to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

Does this mean WSU now has four open schollies or just three?
    Chances that Tyson doesn't return have to be minimal. He's looking for input and where he stands in a comparison so he knows where he needs to go.

Leave a comment:

• TrackSuitAndTie
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

Three now. We had six and have signed Matt McFarlane, Qua Grant, and Joe Pleasant so far.

Leave a comment:

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Very odd.

Likely would have seen a big uptick in minutes this season.

I guess if you don’t want to wait, you don’t have to though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X