Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Wonder if that had anything to do with Heiar bailing as well.

Good for the lawmakers btw if that is accurate.
    ETSU is going to be awful at basketball for quite some time. Per usual - old boosters and backwoods lawmakers can be pretty out of touch with reality.

Comment

• We don't know ETSU's team. and what happens behind the scenes. Forbes may have shown leadership and visited with the team before hand to talk about these things, hash things out, and discuss alternatives ways to give statements. To my knowledge, that wasn't an issue with our team, and without lot's of SASO money, there will be no scholarship money for any athletes, so rattling cages isn't always the best method.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          That's really going to kick start the carousel ...... Now have both Texas and UNC picking from best available coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Hang on folks for what could very well be a HUGE off season of coaching changes.
            Roy Williams retiring was step 1. Strap in folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

ETSU is going to be awful at basketball for quite some time. Per usual - old boosters and backwoods lawmakers can be pretty out of touch with reality.

1) Believing Douchebagman's veiled reason for stepping down is a bad look.

2) IF in fact he stepped down because of a letter and subsequent pressure, then I am disappointed in his decision, and mortified at the politicians. Again, IF it's true. I have no problem with them speaking their minds, but pressure otherwise is exactly what is rampant and wrong with the wacky left, and I for one will not sign off on an eye for an eye, not at least in a case like this. Let's be better.

Comment

• UT & UNC will be getting in a bidding war for Beard. No clear “in the family” hire that’s anywhere close to the resume as him.
                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  Insert Curly Bill gif here
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
                    UT & UNC will be getting in a bidding war for Beard. No clear “in the family” hire that’s anywhere close to the resume as him.
                    Negative Ghostwriter.

Comment

• UNC should go after Gregg. Can't hit the kids if they aint even in class.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

1) Believing Douchebagman's veiled reason for stepping down is a bad look.

2) IF in fact he stepped down because of a letter and subsequent pressure, then I am disappointed in his decision, and mortified at the politicians. Again, IF it's true. I have no problem with them speaking their minds, but pressure otherwise is exactly what is rampant and wrong with the wacky left, and I for one will not sign off on an eye for an eye, not at least in a case like this. Let's be better.
                        On the first comment. He wasn't the only one to report it. Boosters started pulling perks the day of (one of the big boosters owns a car dealership chain and took all the coaches cars back immediately after seeing it). I'm not sure if those were contractual perks or not. While as a private business owner he 100% has the right to do that ... just not a good look either. There were other reports that the pressure was from lawmakers and boosters alike.

Agree on the second part. Let's be better.

Comment

• Carolina would be a tough job for any coach to turn down if offered. It has to be one of the top 5 coaching jobs in the country. My guess is that their AD already has someone they plan on wooing and that individual will likely accept. Don't know who that is yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
                            UT & UNC will be getting in a bidding war for Beard. No clear “in the family” hire that’s anywhere close to the resume as him.
                            Yeah, no, I don't think so. NC position is one that no one has to "sell". Any coach choosing between Texas and NC isn't thinking straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                              Carolina would be a tough job for any coach to turn down if offered. It has to be one of the top 5 coaching jobs in the country. My guess is that their AD already has someone they plan on wooing and that individual will likely accept. Don't know who that is yet.
                              Very easy to argue its the best job IMO. Maybe Duke as the only competitor. Recruiting ease, fanbase, financials ... all of the above. Doesn't seem to have as bad with the crazy expectation as Kentucky.

Comment

• After what North Carolina alumni, Jerry Stackhouse has done at Vandy, he has to be the inside hire. Right?

Comment

Working...
                                X