No announcement yet.

21-22 Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching many tournament games including double digit seeds, I think we have some work to do.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Tyson could become NBA caliber, not sure about Dexter. Dexter has serious ball handling deficiencies to make it as a 2 guard in the NBA.
      TE and RC4 are both “potential” NBA players, which is your criteria.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• If dex can increase his 3 point percent up to around 40% next year, i do think he can have a role in the NBA as a 3 and D guy
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Dex needs to go to dribbling and ball handling camps all summer.

If he could ever add that aspect to his game, he could have a long career as a very solid NBA role player.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

TE and RC4 are both “potential” NBA players, which is your criteria.
            Ricky is athletic right now, that’s about it. He has a long ways to go to be in the NBA discussion.

Comment

Ricky is athletic right now, that’s about it. He has a long ways to go to be in the NBA discussion.
              You are moving the goalpost now, or you weren’t clear then. There is a difference between NBA potential and NBA discussion.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                You are moving the goalpost now, or you weren’t clear then. There is a difference between NBA potential and NBA discussion.
                slice it up however you want, we all knew Fred and Cle, maybe even Ron, were special players when they got here, maybe even NBA caliber (there’s a new word). On this team, we have one of that caliber. Maybe Ricky can get there, but right now he’s not close. He has talent, but he plays out of control at times and doesn’t fully commit to playing both ends of the floor. How he comes back next year will be a better indicator. Landry was a special player as well, he also had talent around him. IMO, the talent level on this team is not real deep. Top 5 are pretty good, not great. The next group all have a lot of work to do.

Comment

slice it up however you want, we all knew Fred and Cle, maybe even Ron, were special players when they got here, maybe even NBA caliber (there’s a new word). On this team, we have one of that caliber. Maybe Ricky can get there, but right now he’s not close. He has talent, but he plays out of control at times and doesn’t fully commit to playing both ends of the floor. How he comes back next year will be a better indicator. Landry was a special player as well, he also had talent around him. IMO, the talent level on this team is not real deep. Top 5 are pretty good, not great. The next group all have a lot of work to do.
                  None of those guys were special players as true freshman:

Fred played 10 mpg, Ron red-shirted, Shamet got hurt 4 games in, and Cle was playing D-III JUCO. Ricky has shown as much NBA potential as a true freshman as anyone at WSU since Mo Evans lead his team to a .500 finish in the MVC.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I know we (me particularly) really wanted Fred as soon as we knew he was being recruited. How special, I don't believe any of us knew, even during his first year....until Gonzaga and had a couple of special games. Most of the season, Fred didn't even play much unless the game was in hand.

As for Ron his games were OK before his injury, but he was pretty hot when he came back for the Valley Tournament. He was also a red-shirt freshman. Overall, I believe he played better in the NCAAs than Fred. So during tournament time, we started to really see Ron could be special.

Early. He was special from the get go.

Comment

• The AAC was damn sure not as well-played as the Valley games I watched this year.

Those offenses, across the board, were unbelievably bad. Utter chaos.

Comment

• Priority one for me is to find another PG. If Gilbert stays I would look more at Freshmen. If Gilbert moves on then I would try really hard to find someone in the transfer portal that can come in and, at a minimum, back up Porter to start the season with the expectation that he take over the starting role once he gets comfortable.

With a regular off season maybe the expectation should be for the new guy to start from day 1. Until I see who we get I will give the nod to Porter because of his year in the program. I’m not super confident Porter can be the lead guy next year but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he took a big step when Gilbert leaves.

My second priority would be to find a big that specializes in rebounding, shot blocking, defense, and catching and dunking or laying it in. The coaching staff has a better idea of what Bilau may be able to provide next year but as of today, I’m not willing to bet on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          Priority one for me is to find another PG. If Gilbert stays I would look more at Freshmen. If Gilbert moves on then I would try really hard to find someone in the transfer portal that can come in and, at a minimum, back up Porter to start the season with the expectation that he take over the starting role once he gets comfortable.

With a regular off season maybe the expectation should be for the new guy to start from day 1. Until I see who we get I will give the nod to Porter because of his year in the program. I’m not super confident Porter can be the lead guy next year but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he took a big step when Gilbert leaves.

My second priority would be to find a big that specializes in rebounding, shot blocking, defense, and catching and dunking or laying it in. The coaching staff has a better idea of what Bilau may be able to provide next year but as of today, I’m not willing to bet on him.
                          Porter is PGOTF. Need to find a Fred/Lomax type PG to pair with him.
                          Juco might be the place to find the big man, or find a corn fed grad transfer. Either way, need to find that freshman to develop behind them and not be too proud to take a Paul Miller/JT Durley slower developing type.

Comment

• If Trey or AG get a pro contract, they are gone. This is what the kids are working for, not another shot at a conference championship. AG is more pro-ready, IMO. I have no clue what the market is for Trey - he seems like a good dude but is pretty underwhelming on the court.

Comment

If Trey or AG get a pro contract, they are gone. This is what the kids are working for, not another shot at a conference championship. AG is more pro-ready, IMO. I have no clue what the market is for Trey - he seems like a good dude but is pretty underwhelming on the court.
                              TW will make money overseas no doubt about it. There is absolutely a market for him. Guys like Rashard and Zach Brown are making it.

Comment

• His recruiting hasn't picked up apparently, but there is a 6'8 kid at HCC, Matt Mayers, averaging 20.5 pts and 11.3 rebounds in 27 minutes. Last season he only played 6.5 minutes/gm and averaged 3.1 and 2.4.

VerbalCommits shows offers from Manhattan and Robert Morris. Hutch is currently ranked 25th.

Comment

Working...
                                X