Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CU wins 88 - 69

Now we need to do what we gotta do.
    β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

CU wins 88-69. CU shoots 86% from beyond the 3 point line (12 for 14) and 78% from the field. (31 for 40).

On the bad side, they allowed a very offensively challenged SIU team to score 69 points against them.

They allowed SIU to get 20 more shots! That is 50% more shots (60 vs. 40) It is usually hard to win when the other team gets 50% more shots than you. But when you are shooting 86% from 3s and 78% from the field it doesn't matter.

Cu lives by the long shot, if they go in they can out score the other team, if not, they are in deep trouble.
      Last edited by shox1989; February 14, 2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        No it doesn't. They are also outrebounding SIU 27-16 amd have outscored SIU by 10 from the line.

I guess it's because SIU has taken 20 more shots that CU has due to 9-4 SIU advantage in offensive rebounds and 16 CU turnovers to only 6 for SIU.
        The rebounding margin for Creighton is very misleading. The Bluejays only missed 9 shots all night. SIU didn't have many opportunities to get defensive rebounds.

Comment

The hell with CU, I'm worried about SMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            See? Every conference needs a couple cellar dwellers to get the confidence up after a bad run. We were the fluffers back in the 90's, everybody gets a turn.
            "Fluffers" . . . made me laugh.
            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Looks like CU went into Carbondale looking for some Seckual healing and got some.

CU still didn't get their defensive issues worked out. That is not a team that will win more than one game in the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Looks like CU went into Carbondale looking for some Seckual healing and got some.

CU still didn't get their defensive issues worked out. That is not a team that will win more than one game in the NCAAs.
                sorta agree , but then again it all depends on match ups,, there are always some teams that get to the dance that are similar to sCUm ,, if they got lucky in the pairings they could make the second weekend.
                From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                  sorta agree , but then again it all depends on match ups,, there are always some teams that get to the dance that are similar to sCUm ,, if they got lucky in the pairings they could make the second weekend.
                  sCUm does not play enough defense to make it to the Sweet 16. Book it.

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                  X