Hoping Creighton Wins Out...at least until St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Agreed. It's not a coincidence that Doug McD had two of his poorest games this season against the Shocks.
    Good game plan by the coaches + good execution by the players = success. The guy is averaging 23 points a game. The kid is good. We were better.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I hope they win out, except of course at Arch Madness.

Comment

Provided we do also-Lets hope the Shocks dont lose focus!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          They have done themselves some serious damage, and as Jason King has noted in the ESPN weekend blog, have exposed themselves and their weak, weak, defense. They are in jeopardy of becoming a bubble team. Wouldn't surprise me to see them falling to a double digit seed in the next bracketology...not to mention bye-bye to the top 25.
          They were able to mask a lot of that defensive weakness with their good outside shooting. But as soon as that went away, their defensive weakness was exposed.

Comment

The more Valley teams that Dance, the more money all of the Valley teams share. In the meanwhile, look for Creighton to bounce back with vigor. Not many teams in the Country could have beat the Shocks yesterday. This funk may just be enough for the wake-up call to register for the Bluejays. Plenty of solid teams have had bad nights this Season. In our case, we are not about to not continue to glove up with the Bears coming to town. My memory does not dig the travesty of the excessive chest beating and choke signs they displayed last Season during both games. I'm sure our beloved Shocks will be more than ready to put them in their rightful place.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Creighton would be well served to try a match up or even a straight zone against LBSU. The quick guards of the 49ers will carve up that matador defense.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                In the case that the Shocks faltered, it would be far better for WSU to see the Blue Jays win out than for some third Valley team to win the MVC tourney.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I would like to see both UNI and CU win the rest of their regular season games and both do well in the Valley tourney. It can only help the Valley and WSU in the long run.

If UNI wins out they should finish in the top 50 of the rpi. That helps both WSU and CU in terms of seeding in the big dance. It might also get them at least in the bubble discussion (they do have good non-con wins against top 25 rpi Colorado St. and at top 50 rpi Iowa State).

Comment

The Valley definitely needs to get at least two teams in. And the most likely scenario for that to happen is that they regroup and make it to the finals prior to our butt-wihipping them again. And we don't need to mention any other scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                      We will not lose focus. We get a chance to seal up the valley at home against MSU! We will be so excited to pay them back for their chest punding and throat slashing. I can't wait for wednesday and to have MSU watch us take the valley.

Comment

The one thing I dread the absolute most is winning our next two games but losing to Drake at home, even if that means we are Conference champs. That would be the lamest cutting down of the nets ever. Lets just pray that doesn't happen. But we shouldn't have to, because our Shocks know what they are doing now. They are hot.

Comment

Creighton begins their quest to win out starting tonight at 7
                          pm at SIU.

The game is on espn3.

Personally I would like to see WSU, CU and UNI win all of their remaining regular season games.

That would put the Shockers and the Valley in the strongest possible position.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                            The one thing I dread the absolute most is winning our next two games but losing to Drake at home, even if that means we are Conference champs. That would be the lamest cutting down of the nets ever. Lets just pray that doesn't happen. But we shouldn't have to, because our Shocks know what they are doing now. They are hot.
                            I don't see anyway that the Drake sweeps us this year. That is the remaining game on our schedule that I am the worried least about.

MoST beat us in Wichita last year and is capable of pulling of an upset, they can be a dangerous team. Davidson is extremely tough at their place, their only home loss this year was to Vandy by 3 points. And Illinois State can be tough at their place, especially after the Shocks travel clear to Davidson and then have to travel to Normal. It could easily be a trap game.

But the Drake. I am not worried about the Drake. I have a feeling our team is ready for revenge and to celebrate a conference title. The Drake should be worried that the Shocks don't blow them totally off of the court.

Comment

Wow has SIU fallen. That arena looks very empty!

Comment

CU up 10-4 at the first media time out.

I laughed at their TV announcers when they started moaning that Doug McD may not get Valley player of the year now that WSU will probably win the conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X