No announcement yet.

Hoping Creighton Wins Out...at least until St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SIU PA announcer is totally annoying.

McDermott got his 5th point of the game charging over a SIU player. The CU TV announcers said that the refs were sensitive to Doug having 2 fouls and didn't want to give him his 3rd one early in the second half. They called it a good no call.

I wish we could get that kind of treatment from the officials :calm:

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      InSU and IlSU tied (for the eighth time in the game) with 1:37 left. IlSU with a 1 & 1 after a timeout. InSU playing without Lathan (illness) so of course, I had them in my Pic 'Em post.
      Crazy Game. Indiana State was up 3 with 12 seconds to go. Cousin for the Redbirds hits a game tying 3 with 7.2 to play. The Sycs inbound the ball to Odum and the refs blew the whistle with 1.9 left. It was a phantom call. No contact whatsoever. Odum to the line to win the game and he misses both!

Going to OT!
      Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

ILS and INS into overtime at Terre Haute tied at 73 at the end of regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
          Crazy Game. Indiana State was up 3 with 12 seconds to go. Cousin for the Redbirds hits a game tying 3 with 7.2 to play. The Sycs inbound the ball to Odum and the refs blew the whistle with 1.9 left. It was a phantom call. No contact whatsoever. Odum to the line to win the game and he misses both!

Going to OT!
          Wow! Odum is the guy you would normally want at the line in the situation due to his mental toughness. He has 29 points so far but that won't mean much to him if INS can't pull this game out in OT.

Comment

Creighton comes out of the half playing much better. McD has scored 7 points just in the second half already (he only had 3 at the half). I guess the Chad Millard phone call paid off, the refs seem to be letting McD get away with anything he wants. CU leads 50-36, 16 minutes left.

Comment

CU 60 SIU 45 12:50 left in the game. CU continues their hot shooting now 82% from beyond the 3 point line (9 for 11). 22 for 28 from the field (79%) They are also hustling better in the second half. Although SIU is probably still out playing them by a little bit.
              Last edited by shox1989; February 14, 2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Odum makes up for his late FT misses in regulation hitting 4 of 4 in the final 21 seconds to put the game away for INS in overtime. Final INS 83 - ILS 77 OT. Odum with 34 points.

Comment

CU 65 SIU 51 8:00 left in the game. CU continues their very red hot shooting.

Comment

The CU TV announcers just said that the Shockers had one of those games last Saturday where they would have beaten anyone in the country that day. They added that CU has had those kind of days this year too. CU 68, SIU 53 about 7 minutes left.

Comment

SIU is such an ugly shooting team. Man. Their shooting is just plain awful.

Comment

After watching Smith torch McDermott, I'm watching McD tonight. One of the reasons he is so effective on the offensive end is that he doesn't expend any energy on the defensive end.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

CU 77, SIU 64 3:28 left in the game. Cu hot shooting goes on. 11 for 13 from beyond the 3 point line (85%) 28 of 36 from the field (78%).

Comment

And they're only up by 13 on SIU? That does not sound possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              And they're only up by 13 on SIU? That does not sound possible.
                              No it doesn't. They are also outrebounding SIU 27-16 amd have outscored SIU by 10 from the line.

I guess it's because SIU has taken 20 more shots that CU has due to 9-4 SIU advantage in offensive rebounds and 16 CU turnovers to only 6 for SIU.

Comment

See? Every conference needs a couple cellar dwellers to get the confidence up after a bad run. We were the fluffers back in the 90's, everybody gets a turn.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X