Hoping Creighton Wins Out...at least until St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping Creighton Wins Out...at least until St. Louis

Well, with a two game lead, I hope that we both win out until St. Louis. I would like for them to secure a good seed for the NCAA tournament and maybe we could both make some noise.

I would hope that UNI starts getting a little more credit for their accomplishments this season....especially if Iowa State keeps getting talked about as a NCAA tournament team.

I concur.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

They have done themselves some serious damage, and as Jason King has noted in the ESPN weekend blog, have exposed themselves and their weak, weak, defense. They are in jeopardy of becoming a bubble team. Wouldn't surprise me to see them falling to a double digit seed in the next bracketology...not to mention bye-bye to the top 25.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I hope CU and UNI win out.

Comment

I hope WSU wins out. If CU and UNI win out that's just gravy.
          Livin the dream

Comment

They go to SIU, host Long Beach State, host Evansville with a final game against ISUB. Ten days ago I would have thought 3 of 4 easily. Not so sure this morning. Confidence is a huge factor in the college game and theirs is very fragile. Going to Carbondale is a plus to start this stretch. I'm hoping they're on a winning streak going into St. Louis.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I'd be shocked if the Cretins didn't get back on track. They will not start playing great defense, but I think they find their offense and win out.
              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Creighton only needs to play decent defense, but they have to get their offense back. It will never cease to amaze me how quickly things can change.

This alone should keep our Shocks focused going forward.

There are BIG prizes in front of this team. None have been reached yet. NONE.

Comment

I totally understand the sentiment, but no matter what the circumstances, I just can't 'hope' CU wins anything! Like I said, I can understand the idea behind it--makes perfect sense, but dislike this deep defies all sense and logic! :)

Comment

In a way Saturday's beatdown at the hand of the Shocks may be the best thing that could have happened to this Creighton team at this point. Nothing like being totally embarrassed on national TV to get a team refocused and perhaps re-energized. Yes the Bluejays were thoroughly humbled by the Shocks. However, Coach McDermott will have no problem convincing this team that they have some deficiencies that need immediate attention.

This could go either way for them, but I look for them to rebound from this. Hope the Shocks meet up with them again in St. Louis in the Championship game, preferably with both team going undefeated between now and then.

Comment

Dougie has been exposed. He'll be far less effective here on out. Creighton might win out the regular season, but they will get dropped on Friday or Saturday. I just hope we can finally string together 3 wins in St. Louis. Should be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                        Dougie has been exposed. He'll be far less effective here on out. Creighton might win out the regular season, but they will get dropped on Friday or Saturday. I just hope we can finally string together 3 wins in St. Louis. Should be fun!
                        I disagree. I think he will be fine. Many teams don't have a Ben Smith that can play big enough to guard him posting up, but fast enough to guard him on the perimeter. We are fortunate to have 2 that can do both. Even though Hall did get caught a couple times early, he played very well also.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                          I'm not sure other teams have the talent (Smith/Hall) to defend Doug the way the Shockers did.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            I disagree. I think he will be fine. Many teams don't have a Ben Smith that can play big enough to guard him posting up, but fast enough to guard him on the perimeter. We are fortunate to have 2 that can do both. Even though Hall did get caught a couple times early, he played very well also.
                            +1. I was thinking the exact same thing.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Agreed. It's not a coincidence that Doug McD had two of his poorest games this season against the Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X