No announcement yet.

Hoping Creighton Wins Out...at least until St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CU 17 SIU 15 about 10:30 left in the first half. McD just picked up his second foul. Chad Millard seen giving Elgin a phone call.

Comment

CU 20 SIU 19 7:50 left in first half. SIU is outplaying CU. It seems like they have gotten about 10 more shots than CU. They are out rebounding them and getting some steals, but their terrible shooting is allowing CU to cling to a small lead.

McD has been on the bench the last couple of minutes with 2 fouls.

Comment

Turnovers 9 for Cu 1 for SIU
        From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

3:53 left 1st Jays by 1 Cu continues to ,,,uhh ,,, struggle shall we say
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

CU 26, SIU 25, 3:53 left in the half. CU shooting 67% from the field but they have made 9 turnovers and are getting out rebounded by the Salukis. SIU is really outplaying them right now. Salukis inability to shoot the basketball is keeping CU in the game.

Comment

I do not want to see Creighton lose to SIU, that would be like an atomic bomb on thier RPI and make our "big" win look pedestrian. If they want to hand us the Valley they can do it at ISUb.
              β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

SIU has 6 offensive rebounds.

Comment

Wragge has hit 3 threes for CU. He appears to be red hot right now. CU 5 of 6 from the 3 point line.

Comment

CU now 6 for 7 from beyond the 3 point line. CU goes up by 10 with only 1:49 left in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                      Wow has SIU fallen. That arena looks very empty!
                      If you listen to the game it sounds like they are in a HS gym, or playing at Drake.
                      β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

CU 39, SIU 30 H

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                          CU now 6 for 7 from beyond the 3 point line. CU goes up by 10 with only 1:49 left in the first half.
                          Good thing they didn't shoot like that against us, they had open looks.
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

SIU is totally out hustling CU. CU is shooting lights out. If their shooting drops off they could be in a lot of trouble.

McD spent the last 9 minutes or so on the bench with 2 fouls.

I am hoping CU either keeps shooting well or is able to get control of the game. They need to quit making turnovers and they need to do a better job keeping SIU off the offensive boards. SIU has had way too many second chance shots.

Comment

InSU and IlSU tied (for the eighth time in the game) with 1:37 left. IlSU with a 1 & 1 after a timeout. InSU playing without Lathan (illness) so of course, I had them in my Pic 'Em post.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

CU shot 75% from the field in the first half (15 for 20) and 88% from beyond the 3 point line (6 out of 7). SIU only shot 40% (13 of 32) from the field (actually seemed worse than that watching it).

SIU managed to get 12 more shots than CU but they are down by 9 at the half because of CU's super hot shooting.

If CU isn't able to keep up the hot shooting they could be in a lot of trouble in the second half, unless they get their act together and quit making turnovers and guard the boards better.

Comment

Working...
                                X