No announcement yet.

Smoke the Jays!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else going to be in Andover watching their kid perform in honor band at 4:!5? Could ESPN have picked a worse tip-off time than 4? Grrrrr!!!

Comment

I may be in Andover, but it'll be watching the game with a friend and his lovely wife
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        Carpe avis...
        You want us to steal a rental car?
        I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          After reading Doug Gottlieb's (whom I do like) analysis of the Shox's at large possibilities, he mentions the that the Shox are on the bubble. A win against Creighton pretty much secures our at-large hopes despite what might take place at Arch Madness and a loss at Davidson. However, if we lose at Creighton and at Davidson, what happens to the Shox then? Will the MVC automatic invite at Arch Mandess be our only ticket to the NCAA's?

I say this assuming we will win against SMS, Drake and ISU Red.
          At least on this point, Gottlieb doesn't even begin to know what he is talking about (nor is it really his area of expertise).

Look at the bracket matrix (http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm). We are in on all 60 bracket projections and are a single digit seed in all but 5 of those 60 (with an average of 8, a best of 5 and a worst of 11 - in fact, more brackets have us as a 5 seed than have us as a 10-11 seed).

According to RPI forecast (http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html), even if we lost 3 of our final 5 regular season games, we would still be projected to have a top 25 RPI going into the MVC tournament.

Right now we are fighting for a protected seed, not fighting for an at-large. Obviously a total collapse down the stretch could cost us our currently secure at-large position, but we could absorb a couple losses without being in jeopardy.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

When smoking a Bluejay, what is the best kind of wood chips to use? Hickory, Mesquite, Apple, Cherry, Pecan, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              When smoking a Bluejay, what is the best kind of wood chips to use? Hickory, Mesquite, Apple, Cherry, Pecan, etc.
              I prefer a mixture of black walnut and golden pine.
              "Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum."
              -- Lucretius, De Rerum Natura

Comment

Threadtitle......

What you did there

I seent it

Comment

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Buffalo
                    “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                    John Wayne

Comment

I would go with the Wild Cherry or American Beech from Smokinlicious. Their wood chunks are all heartwood (the center of the trunk).

Comment

I would not say that Creighton's offense is more efficient than our offense last night. 12 of 17 3's for 63%. If we play like we did last night, we will beat Creighton, not a doubt in my mind. We looked like a NCaa team last night, and a good one at that. That team last night can make the Sweet Sixteen, and maybe even further.

Comment

I hope our players don't start reading the headlines again. If they do, we'll shoot about 20% and go 3-30 from 3-point range and get buried. We are still the underdogs here. Creighton is ranked 15th. They're at home in the game of their lives with now their backs against the wall. They are the team with pressure, not us.

TM had a pretty good game last night. If it wasn't for the 4 mid-range jumpers he hit in a row, he would have finished 10% shooting. That helped him up to about 30%. He needs to take the shots he can make and stop with the garbage, reversal airball stuff. It's a good thing everybody else was hitting over 50% of their shots. Again, I loved when TM found his game, but next time let's not wait until he's 7 missed shots into the game when doing it. A lot of his shots tend to be "out-of-rhythm" and out of the offense. When they're going down, it's great. When he's brick-laying, they are essentially turnovers. He needs to keep it with the mid-range, keep them in rhythm, realize when he's not on to not go haywire, penetrate, and also dish. I think one of the most impressive plays by TM last night was his sweet pass to Ragland for a layup in the first half. When he does things like that, ShockerFever is a happy camper.

I hope the guys play within themselves and carry a quiet confidence about them. We are so due for a BIG win. This would be it. Let's seize it!
                          Last edited by ShockerFever; February 9, 2012, 03:41 PM.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not to nitpick but 6/15=40%
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              After reading Doug Gottlieb's (whom I do like) analysis of the Shox's at large possibilities, he mentions the that the Shox are on the bubble. A win against Creighton pretty much secures our at-large hopes despite what might take place at Arch Madness and a loss at Davidson. However, if we lose at Creighton and at Davidson, what happens to the Shox then? Will the MVC automatic invite at Arch Mandess be our only ticket to the NCAA's?

I say this assuming we will win against SMS, Drake and ISU Red.

That is what Gottlieb is saying. Personally I don't think he is right, but why take any chances. The committee has not been kind to the Valley the last 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                                Not to nitpick but 6/15=40%
                                Fair enough.

It wasn't looking pretty until he hit his stretch.

His best stats were the 5 assists, 1 turnover, and zero 3-pointers he took.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X