Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Isn't he in the early stages of Parkinson’s?
    He is
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He is
      Probably the perfect spot for him at this point in his life.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Isn't he in the early stages of Parkinson’s?
        He was hired by Texas A&M in May 2011. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's in October 2011. Whether or not 9.5 years post-diagnosis is considered early stage I couldn't say. Each individual may differ in that regard. I think they have much better medications for treating Parkinson's symptoms these days but no cure as far as I know. In any case, I would imagine avoiding very high stress is probably something one would one to do in his situation. However, I do not know for a fact that is the case with ACBK.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

His life has changed quite drastically since those days, especially his health situation. He may not longer be interested in the stress and expectations that come with a head coaching job so may not be interested at this point in climbing the ladder.
          Yeah, I was more pointing that he gets itchy feet or something so the situation must be above average if he is sticking around. It’s a good thing.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Fever, nothing to bust Boatright on this week so you have to bust IB's chops? You need a life. SERIOUSLY. You are such a tough guy behind a keyboard and a monitor. You fatigue most of us with your negativity.

Maybe he misspoke. Maybe he forgot. Maybe he really didn't know. Maybe who freaking cares? It wouldn't surprise me if K-State would want to delay the series a year or two. They are that bad.

IB is doing a good job. Just leave him alone.
            About a day late, but if I make you cry that bad, then click the ignore button and you’ll be able to live in rainbowland and ride with unicorns. Oh and GFY.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• HCSD and Baylor proved what could be done realistically at WSU.

- Recruit 4*s, but not superstars
              - Get solid transfers
              - Keep and develop players for 3-4 years

We know fHCGM could do that.

Will HCIB be able to? God be with him..
              The Assman

Comment

• Developing players is the key, IMO. We need a deep experienced bench that can go 10 deep with little drop off. It’s tough when the freshmen bolt after one year. Hopefully this won’t be a trend.

Comment

• I was out at the arena this morning and paid the SASO and for my tickets. I was standing outside the arena talking with a friend when Coach Brown walked by. I congratulated him on getting the job and told him we are excited with the recruiting news. He stopped and shook our hands and thanked us for the support. Talked for a few minutes. A good dude!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Developing players is the key, IMO. We need a deep experienced bench that can go 10 deep with little drop off. It’s tough when the freshmen bolt after one year. Hopefully this won’t be a trend.
                    I always liked the ten deep two line substitution pattern. It would have to be demoralizing to a team to see 5 new almost as talented players ready to check in. Now all we have to do is find ten guys to buy into that idea.

Comment

• Is going ten deep really the key to success? Gonzaga played 5 guys for 30+ minutes. Most of the more successful schools seem to only go about 7 deep, and those extra two don't play a huge number of minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                        Is going ten deep really the key to success? Gonzaga played 5 guys for 30+ minutes. Most of the more successful schools seem to only go about 7 deep, and those extra two don't play a huge number of minutes.
                        Baylor just won the tournament, winning their tournament games by an average of 15 while beating a 1, 2, 3, and 5 seed on the way, including the Gonzaga team you mentioned. They had 9 guys averaging at least 10 minutes a game. The Zags looked pretty tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

Baylor just won the tournament, winning their tournament games by an average of 15 while beating a 1, 2, 3, and 5 seed on the way, including the Gonzaga team you mentioned. They had 9 guys averaging at least 10 minutes a game. The Zags looked pretty tired.
                          Zags had also just played a very tough UCLA team and won in overtime.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Zags had also just played a very tough UCLA team and won in overtime.
                            Exactly. If they were a deep team they wouldn't have been as tired.

Comment

• With the transfer portal now a part of college basketball it will be very hard for non P5
                              schools to ever keep ten quality players happy or ANY school for that matter. Give me
                              5-6 quality players and a couple more good role players and keep them happy with PT.
                              10-12 players will result in 4-5 unhappy ones. This is the evolution of college basketball.
                              Also, we need a couple shooters/scorers badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                With the transfer portal now a part of college basketball it will be very hard for non P5
                                schools to ever keep ten quality players happy or ANY school for that matter. Give me
                                5-6 quality players and a couple more good role players and keep them happy with PT.
                                10-12 players will result in 4-5 unhappy ones. This is the evolution of college basketball.
                                Also, we need a couple shooters/scorers badly.
                                With the transfer rules, I maintain it's going to be hard for any team, including P5, to keep 8 quality players happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X