No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread 1-13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo and Poor-Bear combined for 11 rebounds. The two Tulsa bigs combined for 5 rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
      Maybe not so hot take: Gilbert is the most frustrating PG since Fridge Holman
      I am not sure he is as frustrating as Fridge. But my goodness he drives me crazy. Some of the things he does makes absolutely no sense. Basketball IQ is underrated. Good win Shocks.

Comment

• Anybody figure out who the color guy was? I thought he was good. Based on his voice, I think his name may be Mr. Beasley.

Comment

• It seems like this "dawgs gonna dawg" style has significantly increased the number of FT's the Shox get.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Question for anyone who may know. Who is Mo Odeze? Both of our radio and tv analysts always call him Odeze. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

this is what Dexter does for our team
              Yeap. But I sure wish that he would knock down more of those wide open 3 point shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yah kind of a momentum stopper
                Too true, but we probably need the time to get healthy, or adjust and get rested. I'm afraid we're going to need AG and TE for about 39.5 per game for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Basketball IQ is underrated.
                  It certainly is. One of the best examples of that is Fred VanVleet. Larry Bird wasn't great because he was an outstanding athlete. Thing is I am not sure BBIQ can be easily coached. It can be learned and developed but a lot of that seems to come from within and some guys have it and some guys don't.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 13, 2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• I admit to being one of MU's less adamant fans but he is starting to win me over. Dan said he looked like Carl Hall
                    and I was thinking the same thing. CJ needs to let the game come to him and not force things too much. Play D and rebound
                    and don't force things on offense. More assists tonight, pretty good ball movement and good defense ! So far, the team has
                    exceeded expectations my own included. I win at Memphis would be huge. I do expect us to drop at least one to a team
                    we are favored over before too long. If we don't it speaks volumes for the team AND IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It certainly is. One of the best examples of that is Fred VanVleet. Larry Bird wasn't great because he was an outstanding athlete. Thing is I am not sure BBIQ can be easily coached. It can be learned and developed but a lot of that seems comes from within and some guys have it and some guys don't.
                      AMEN

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Too true, but we probably need the time to get healthy, or adjust and get rested. I'm afraid we're going to need AG and TE for about 39.5 per game for awhile.
                        Is this about Porter? Does he have a AC ligament tear?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

We do NOT need AG for 39 minutes a game.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            During the 10 minute lull in the second half, we took a lot of bad 3’s. That’s when we need to run some set plays to get off the Schneid. Lay ups, rebounds, and attacking the rim to go to the line.
                            I thought we actually had a bunch of open looks by the guys we want shooting threes - Tyson and Dexter - they just didn’t go in.

Comment

• Good job Shockers! Nice follow up game by Udeze and Council! Etienne continues to roll!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

We do NOT need AG for 39 minutes a game.
                                I'm guessing he's hinting that Porter is out

Comment

Working...
                                X