Wichita State vs. Tulsa Game Thread 1-13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Alterique is frustrating but he did dish out 8 assists. As I posted near the end of the 1st half he certainly has the ability to create shots of his teammates and I would like to see that become his focus. His goal should be to average double figures in assists.
    He needs to be a facilitator. It’s no coincidence Mo had a career game and AG had 8 assists .

Comment

Alterique is frustrating but he did dish out 8 assists. As I posted near the end of the 1st half he certainly has the ability to create shots of his teammates and I would like to see that become his focus. His goal should be to average double figures in assists.
      Coach Brown pretty much said this towards the end of his post-game comments.

Comment

Brandon Rachel, a candidate for AAC POY, 5 points on 2-15 shooting.
        this is what Dexter does for our team

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
          Hopefully Joerg isn’t taking the loss too hard.
          Assume Joerg would be pretty happy with big win.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Yeah, he never came across as a troll. If he is, it’s very, very subtle.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
              Hopefully Joerg isn’t taking the loss too hard.
              Yup
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

There is a reason nearly every game the opponents best player "has a bad game"

Comment

• What I also like about this team is that it seems the players are learning their roles. They are staying in their positions And doing what they’re supposed to be doing. We’ve seen a little less of the big guys standing way out beyond the three point line and checking up the wall As the season has gone along. And the attitude has been great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Not if he’s from Tulsa
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• All alone in 2nd place. Swept the 3rd place team by giving them both the losses they have. Have already played the #1 team at their place. Hopefully 6 games against Temple, Tulane, and ECU

I think that ESPN predicter that said Shox would go 0-5 starting with this game was probably a wee bit off.
                        Last edited by Aargh; January 13, 2021, 08:16 PM.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Anyone remember the last time Udeze tried a 3? I think he’s figuring out who he is.

Comment

• After Tulsa pulled to within 5 at 42-47 Quatro came through with a strong drive and one to push the lead back to 8 at a point in time when the Shocks were reeling. Maybe the play of the game.

Comment

• During the 10 minute lull in the second half, we took a lot of bad 3’s. That’s when we need to run some set plays to get off the Schneid. Lay ups, rebounds, and attacking the rim to go to the line.

Comment

• Hope the guys keep focused during the longer layoff. Would be nice to somehow squeeze in ECU, assuming they would have already said something if it was going to happen though.

Comment

Working...
                                X