Ricky Council IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    IB during the Post game show said that Ricky deserved more playing time. It will be interesting to see who that comes from. Dexter is our best on ball defender and while not this game, I still think his history has shown (UH this year), that he is capable of being one of our best 3 pt. shooters, and offensive players. Besides Dexter, and Ricky, we have 2 other players with similar skills, and have similar size to Ricky. That would be CJ, and Trey Wade. Both have had good moments too but not to the caliber of Ricky. I think that all will play, but these four guys have all had good games and not as good games. CJ and Trey have pretty much been sharing the 4 with Dexter playing it on occasion too. I wonder of Ricky could back up Tyson on occasion instead of Porter. That would mean that Craig Porter and AG would share the Point. I would think that these decisions all depend on match ups, and how these guys are playing. Yesterday, Ricky was Hot, and he stayed in the game while Wade, and Dexter traded in and out during the 2nd half. It will be interesting to watch.
    Dex can play the 4 against smaller teams. Easy fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I just wonder if we don't use more zone pressure on defense in the future. Not all game but more often, especially in the second half.

Comment

They also need to experiment with TE at the 1, when they can.

That way, in the future, you can have all three on the court at once and not sacrifice size if they don’t want.
        The Assman

Comment

I’m not sure what you determine smaller is but DD as a Fr. did a great job against ECU PF 6’7 230 Gardner two years ago when we played them. Last year, DD was on a leave of absence. However, some aren’t a good matchup for DD. I think Indiana had a bigger Stretch PF (6’8 or so and 240 or a little bigger)that backed him down on the low post. So there are limits to his defense down low.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not sure what you determine smaller is but DD as a Fr. did a great job against ECU PF 6’7 230 Gardner two years ago when we played them. Last year, DD was on a leave of absence. However, some aren’t a good matchup for DD. I think Indiana had a bigger Stretch PF (6’8 or so and 240 or a little bigger)that backed him down on the low post. So there are limits to his defense down low.
            Wasn't the Indiana game the one where Dex had 6 blocks in the first half?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Probably. I just remember that we had someone (Markis I think) in foul trouble and the bigger player started to attack us down low in the 2nd half during the time Dex guarded him. A lot of Dex’s blocks are during his help defense.

Comment

If the Shocks had a Hangman tournament my money is on Ricky!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Speaking of blocks, that block he had in the second half yesterday sure looked legit. More of that.

Comment

Comment

I think Ricky could too.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think Ricky could too.
                        But perhaps he can also play the 2. He definitely has the speed, athleticism, and he has the looks of having the handles, or being close enough with some extra work to have the handles to back up Tyson at the 2. Playing the 2,3, and 4 may be a lot to learn. However, I like idea of him getting more minutes. With Dex knowing already knowing the 3 and 4, CJ knowing the 4, we have a lot of flexibility.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            #beast

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Another thing looking at this chart that makes me happy is that Tyson has started taking it to the hole more thinks season (or at least it feels that way). An aspect of his game he needed to improve on and has. That’s what you love to see going from a FR to a SO
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X