Wichita State vs. Cincinnati Game Thread 1-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    I assumed Gilbert would be in at the end of the game. Porter in to get late game experience?
    The shine has worn off on Gilbert for me. Is he a better alternative than last year??? Probably, but not to the degree I, and 100% on this board, predicted. We need a better PG that shoots better than 34%/25% from the field with less than 2:1 A/OT ratio. His defense is ok, but his decision making skill is not impressive at this point. I like Porter much better. In other words, I like the fries better than the quarter pounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
      I assumed Gilbert would be in at the end of the game. Porter in to get late game experience?
      AG had met his dribbling quota for the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post

Him and Sherfield are two peas in a pod

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Him and Sherfield are two peas in a pod
          If they were on the same team they'd wear the leather off the basketball.

Comment

• I’m going to stick up for Mo a bit. He hung around and had he left, I am positive we wouldn’t have upgraded his position that late. We are a better team with than without him, in terms of both depth and character.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              I’m going to stick up for Mo a bit. He hung around and had he left, I am positive we wouldn’t have upgraded his position that late. We are a better team with than without him, in terms of both depth and character.
              I'll give you the attitude part. He works relatively hard. But the dude needs to learn to pass and not foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401264269

Dex and AG 0fer........21% from 3.......RC4 had 6 boards to lead
                Yeap players can have a bad shooting night. But AG and DD going 0-16 I have not seen before for players that start. Throw in TW 1-6 alnd all three combined for 1-22. Really guys?

Comment

• JB isn’t going to play a ton of game minutes until he can go in practice. Coaches aren’t going to trust him.

Udeze just needs to kick the ball out every once in a while. He seems compelled to dribble no matter where he catches the ball. Someone needs to drill the concept of pass and repost.

Gilbert has some nice tools and can be effective, but there is a reason Hurley let him walk away. I like the skillset and aggressive play he is capable of, but I wish he found the open shooter more often (similar to his find of TE late in the second half). I am amazed of how often the easiest pass is to a willing shooter and the ball doesn’t go there.

Council and Jackson hit their upside today. Nice to see.

TE finished strong.

finally beat Cincinnati - i am happy

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

I'll give you the attitude part. He works relatively hard. But the dude needs to learn to pass and not foul.
                    That wasn’t the point of my post. I never said his game didn’t need major improvement in some areas. I’m happy if Pooh Bear plays more, however they both need to contribute and they is what they is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post

So long at the end of the game we do not have DD throwing the ball in from out of bounds. Do not understand how that happen a couple of times.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        JB isn’t going to play a ton of game minutes until he can go in practice. Coaches aren’t going to trust him.

Udeze just needs to kick the ball out every once in a while. He seems compelled to dribble no matter where he catches the ball. Someone needs to drill the concept of pass and repost.

Gilbert has some nice tools and can be effective, but there is a reason Hurley let him walk away. I like the skillset and aggressive play he is capable of, but I wish he found the open shooter more often (similar to his find of TE late in the second half). I am amazed of how often the easiest pass is to a willing shooter and the ball doesn’t go there.

Council and Jackson hit their upside today. Nice to see.

TE finished strong.

finally beat Cincinnati - i am happy
                        Josephat makes the hard plays look easy and all the other ones look hard.

I wonder if a low post player can really be taught to be a good passer. Seems like they either have it not.

Bingo on AG. I am hoping as he gets more used to his teammates strengths he will start becoming a facilitator.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Three starters DD, AG and Wade 1-17...............unacceptable
                          Unacceptable? It’s one game, we won, and scored 80. I don’t care who scores the points and I’m glad we have a team that has different guys step up when someone has a down game because those nights happen.
                          Last edited by pie n eye; January 10, 2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• You guys ****ing hate Udeze.

18 points on 8/12 shooting, 5 boards (2 offensive), 2 assist (3 TO), 2/3 from the line, 1 steal.

I’d love to see him reduce the TO’s. I thought his first one should’ve been a foul on Cinci.

Comment

• I’m also going to go somewhat the other direction on Gilbert. Based on comments Isaac Brown made on his coaches show I think they’re in the process of giving him some coaching to get him to play more like they and we want to see.

I thought he went less one on one against the world tonight and dribbled less and passed more and quickly. He only took five shots. One turnover.

He didn’t have a “good” game but it looks to me like he is at least trying to do what the coaches are asking.

Accepting coaching and altering your game isn’t easy and doesn’t happen overnight.

Comment

• Per Isaac Brown on post game, Clarence Jackson has a nagging injury that kept him on the bench.

Too bad because he played pretty well the first half. Council is better at it but Jackson can attack off the dribble too and is probably the best at moving/cutting without the ball to get a couple easy buckets per game.

Comment

Working...
                                X