OSU Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    I had to listen on the radio. Were most of threes open shots?
    they left Trey wade wide open and he took and missed many of them.

Comment

We took some less than desirable ones. The open ones were Wade who has completely lost his shooting touch this year

Comment

• I'm actually encouraged by this game. WSU's bench is nothing but 1st year D1 guys (and IPBC), many in their first D1 game - against a much more experienced OSU group with a lottery pick on their squad.A substitute guard, Council, had 5 boards. Udeze had 2, IPBC had none. In addition to not getting any boards, they didn't box out either.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Most were open, but a few were contested. Most of the 13 misses were bricks.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I agree with the comment about stop taking shots at coaching. HCIB was the head assistant for how long? Everyone wants to try to say how great a coaching tree Marshall has, but then in the next comment, say HCIB shouldnā€™t be the coach and doesnā€™t know what heā€™s doing. Accept the fact that Marshall made choices and is living with the consequences, and IB is now our coach.

Comment

• I want to see more of Mo and Bilau at the 5. Poor Bear needs to be used only when necessary

I want to see more Jackson anywhere.

Want to see less Trey shooting three's. I know he can make them but he may have shot more than anyone else and that should never happen.

I'm excited to see more of RC4. He plays hard and shows a lot of potential.

I'd like to see more from Gilbert. For a 5th year SR, some of his decisions are just poor and lazy. He can step up big at times, but he needs to be more consistent.

Porter needs to play more.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I'm actually encouraged by this game. WSU's bench is nothing but 1st year D1 guys (and IPBC), many in their first D1 game - against a much more experienced OSU group with a lottery pick on their squad.A substitute guard, Council, had 5 boards. Udeze had 2, IPBC had none. In addition to not getting any boards, they didn't box out either.
                Definitely a lot to like but lots to work on. Have to remind myself that they have had only 2 practices with a full team all year. Also have to look at the other teams in the AAC... Only Houston looks for sure better than WSU. The rest have all looked rough.

Comment

• 1. Why on earth are we bunched up at the top of the key? DD and TE have to be on the wings waiting for
                  a catch and shoot.
                  2. Disappointed in the outcome but delighted with the effort most gave.
                  3. Gilbert had a nice game
                  4. Keep your expectations low as we just don't have it at the 4/5 spots - very limited skills at both
                  5. 7th may be optimistic
                  6. Again, like the team effort and watching basketball again but we are a 80-120 D1 level team
                  7. Have to recruit a couple above average 4/5 players to get where we have been the past 6-7 years

Comment

• 1/14 from 3 in the second half. Brown should have got in some faces and yelled at them more. That would have improved their shooting. And Brown should have done better at recruiting 4's and 5's. He just doesn't look like HC material at this level with those kinds of weaknesses.

Comment

• Effort was not great. Too many ole defense moments. Outrebounded by 11. IB would do well to play the guys who show they are willing and able to play with maximum effort.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• One of these days WSU will make someone other than the other team star win the ****** game. This was Joey Rodriguez of VCU, Cumberland of Cincy, and now Cunningham for OSU all over again. . JUST ONCE WILL WE MAKE THE NON. STAR ON THE OTHER TEAM BEAT US. Just once!!!!! And make no mistake they beat us. I agree with a lot of you guys comments about the game. But they made shots when they needed and we did not.

Comment

• Well now after 3 whole games we get a couple days before we open up conference play on the road at Tulsa on Tuesday .... Such a weird year.

Comment

• My first post.

I saw a team give all the right effort to stay close with a poor final play but honestly we lost because we did not play all 40 minutes of the game.. Cunningham gave an NBA caliber one on one shot to win.

Kind of off topic but this ESPN+ is a step backwards for us fans and WSU. My game viewing locked up at the end of the game and stayed froozen until the game was over. I had poor picture quality, reloading constantly and freezing up repeatedly the entire game.

Thanks to the radio announcers that my listening to the game was as always great J.O.B.

I do not know who I will complain to ESPN or my internet provider... I probably will register my complaint to both.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                              One of these days WSU will make someone other than the other team star win the ****** game. This was Joey Rodriguez of VCU, Cumberland of Cincy, and now Cunningham for OSU all over again. . JUST ONCE WILL WE MAKE THE NON. STAR ON THE OTHER TEAM BEAT US. Just once!!!!! And make no mistake they beat us. I agree with a lot of you guys comments about the game. But they made shots when they needed and we did not.
                              We've done that many times when someone on the other team who's something like 3/20 from 3 on the season goes off and hits 5 against the Shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSU Wildman View Post
                                My first post.

I saw a team give all the right effort to stay close with a poor final play but honestly we lost because we did not play all 40 minutes of the game.. Cunningham gave an NBA caliber one on one shot to win.

Kind of off topic but this ESPN+ is a step backwards for us fans and WSU. My game viewing locked up at the end of the game and stayed froozen until the game was over. I had poor picture quality, reloading constantly and freezing up repeatedly the entire game.

Thanks to the radio announcers that my listening to the game was as always great J.O.B.

I do not know who I will complain to ESPN or my internet provider... I probably will register my complaint to both.
                                Iā€™d complain to your internet provider as I never had a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X