OSU Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

they left Trey wade wide open and he took and missed many of them.
    He is open for a reason. He is 1 for 12 in 3 games. I would let him shoot all day if I was the other coach. I am sick of him missing wide open shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSU Wildman View Post
      My first post.

I saw a team give all the right effort to stay close with a poor final play but honestly we lost because we did not play all 40 minutes of the game.. Cunningham gave an NBA caliber one on one shot to win.

Kind of off topic but this ESPN+ is a step backwards for us fans and WSU. My game viewing locked up at the end of the game and stayed froozen until the game was over. I had poor picture quality, reloading constantly and freezing up repeatedly the entire game.

Thanks to the radio announcers that my listening to the game was as always great J.O.B.

I do not know who I will complain to ESPN or my internet provider... I probably will register my complaint to both.
      I live in rural AK, area the size of Ohio with about 3000 people, maybe.
      I had no issues with the stream. Never lagged once.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Effort was still good, but or BBIQ is not that good. Our shot selection is pretty iffy at best, and I thought that might be a consequence of these guys being allowed to play a little more freely. We also got outmanned on the boards and that can't happen. Just not a recipe to win. It wouldn't have come down to Cunningham's 3 if we rebound the ball better. Part of our poor rebounding was probably because we played so much zone, which was effective, but it makes it harder to find a guy to box out when a shot goes up.

I know some of the guys coming back were still getting their legs, but our rotations need to change up a bit and they probably will. I'd rather see Porter out there over Trevin, personally. Porter just has better size, really seems to have good feel for the game. I like what we see out of Council as Dex's backup and he'll get better the more he plays. And JoBilau should be playing the majority of the minutes at C if he's in shape/healthy

Comment

My first post.

I saw a team give all the right effort to stay close with a poor final play but honestly we lost because we did not play all 40 minutes of the game.. Cunningham gave an NBA caliber one on one shot to win.

Kind of off topic but this ESPN+ is a step backwards for us fans and WSU. My game viewing locked up at the end of the game and stayed froozen until the game was over. I had poor picture quality, reloading constantly and freezing up repeatedly the entire game.

Thanks to the radio announcers that my listening to the game was as always great J.O.B.

I do not know who I will complain to ESPN or my internet provider... I probably will register my complaint to both.
          It's your ISP. My ESPN+ feed was flawless, but I am on a cable connect from PC to router. Wireless is not a good way to stream the games. Could also be your router.
          Last edited by Aargh; December 12, 2020, 04:42 PM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 5-26 (19.2%) on treys today. Take away Tyson and the rest of the team was 2-18 (11.1%). Considering that and how poorly we rebounded the ball today having a shot to send the game into OT was kind of impressive. OSU wasn't a whole lot better at 7-26 (26.9%). Not a pretty game by any means.

For the year the Shock are 21-73 (28.8%) on treys. Take away Tyson and the team is 12-48 (25.0%) on the year. Even Tyson at 9-25 (36.0%) is just okay.

It's early, the Shocks have played 3 pretty decent opponents and have had to deal with a lot of Covid disruptions. But it could be we simply are not a good shooting team. Hopefully, we'll start finding the range at a better clip soon.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 12, 2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Go ahead and flame me for saying this (and maybe I deserve it because there are no moral victories)......

but this has been an insane 9-10 months for this team

- a demented father and his son trying to rip the team apart

- a crazy amount of transfers (see above)

- coach abuse scandal, national headlines, and a dark cloud hanging overhead

- this team did not even know who their head coach was going to be till a few weeks ago

- COVID crap (although, that has hurt many teams)

I am already sick of giving up offensive rebounds, but that said, I see quite a lot to be hopeful about. With a decent Dexter we would only have the loss to Mizzou
              Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; December 12, 2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

It's your ISP. My ESPN+ feed was flawless, but I am on a cable connect from PC to router. Wireless is not a good way to stream the games.
                I have wireless connection and have had no problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I have wireless connection and have had no problems.
                  It can, and often does, work fine, but it does add another opportunity for slow transmission. Generally, if there's a problem with speed on a wireless connection, try using a wired connection to see if that solves the problem. It's really more of a trouble shooting method.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And still giving up too many easy transition baskets.
                    Amen. It’s frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                      Go ahead and flame me for saying this (and maybe I deserve it because there are no moral victories)......

but this has been an insane 9-10 months for this team

- an insane father and his son trying to rip the team apart

- a crazy amount of transfers (see above)

- coach abuse scandal, national headlines, and a dark cloud hanging overhead

- this team did not even know who their head coach was going to be till a few weeks ago

- COVID crap (although, that has hurt many teams)

I am already sick of giving up offensive rebounds, but that said, I see quite a lot to be hopeful about. With a decent Dexter we would only have the loss to Mizzou
                      I see no reason to flame on this... All true statements. Team has been through a lot. Arguably more than any other team in D1. And that's just in the last month.

​​​​​

Comment

• This team REALLY could have used some games against the MVC-level teams in SDak that so many posters were complaining about. Three more games and I think the team would look and function a lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I see no reason to flame on this... All true statements. Team has been through a lot. Arguably more than any other team in D1. And that's just in the last month.

​​​​​
                          Temple still hasn't played a game.

Comment

My first post.

In my limited experience with ESPN+ so far this season, I have had much better luck streaming on my laptop (Chromecast to TV), than on the app on my phone (also cast to TV).

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                              Effort was still good, but or BBIQ is not that good. Our shot selection is pretty iffy at best, and I thought that might be a consequence of these guys being allowed to play a little more freely. We also got outmanned on the boards and that can't happen. Just not a recipe to win. It wouldn't have come down to Cunningham's 3 if we rebound the ball better. Part of our poor rebounding was probably because we played so much zone, which was effective, but it makes it harder to find a guy to box out when a shot goes up.

I know some of the guys coming back were still getting their legs, but our rotations need to change up a bit and they probably will. I'd rather see Porter out there over Trevin, personally. Porter just has better size, really seems to have good feel for the game. I like what we see out of Council as Dex's backup and he'll get better the more he plays. And JoBilau should be playing the majority of the minutes at C if he's in shape/healthy
                              I think we played a lot more zone in the 2nd half than we did in the 1st half but our rebounding numbers were much better in the 2nd half.

In the 1st half OSU outrebounded the Shocks 21-12 overall and 9-0 on the offensive glass

In the 2nd half OSU outrebounded the Shocks 23-21 overal but the Shock had 8 offensive rebounds to 5 for OSU. I will point out that the Shocks missed 25 shots in the 2nd havd to 14 for OSU so the Shocks offensive rebounding percentage in the second half was 32% and OSU percentage in the second half was 35.7%.

In any case, I don't think the zone defense we played was the issue in this game.

BTW, I liked the way IHCIB switched back and forth between man and zone in the 2nd half and I think it definitely helped us stay in a game where we were not good on the offensive end.

Comment

• Hmmmm.

If this team played well, we win. So that's very encouraging if you ask me. So we just need to play well. IMO, we played hard, but not well or smart. The defense was top notch, if you don't count rebounding. If we rebounded the ball, we win. If we take better shots, we win. If we shoot a shade better, we win. Even with all the deficiencies we obviously have, we look to be capable of winning games if we play well.

The question will be, can coach IB get them to play better. Having some film will definitely help. This was our 3rd game, it was OSU's 5th. Our program has basically been uprooted and are still hanging pretty tough. I think once things settle down and we can get some semblance of a routine and identity, we may have a shot at doing some good (whatever that looks like this year).

I do know that we are much more athletic than last year and we have a lot of exciting pieces to work with.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X