OSU Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

it is something like 5 bucks for 3 months of Taylor only access (well sports only). While I agree, not really wanting to support the Wichita Eagle overall ... I think subscribing to a Sports only subscription sends a message that Taylor is well worth whatever they are paying him.
    there is a workaround that has mentioned many times

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

there is a workaround that has mentioned many times
      Correct, That workaround doesn't send the message I mentioned though.

Comment

• If it's the article mentioned in post #322, that one isn't behind a paywall. I just read it and I don't have an online subscription. The Eagle will put a little padlock icon next to the headlines of anything that's behind their real paywall. If you click on a headline without that icon and it comes up with a page saying you need to login, then all you've done is hit the max number of free articles and there are several ways to work around that issue.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          My thoughts:
          • Really miss coach Marshall's set plays. Shox have no idea what to do with under 10 seconds on the shot clock and an inbounds. Happened at least twice Saturday.
          • DD did a great job on Cade. Cade is a good player but not seeing transcendent #1 overall pick there. He got frustrated easily. In the end though, he made the dagger.
          • DD should not have been the one to take that last shot. No way, no how. He has been ice cold and until he shows he can make that, the ball should have gone to someone else, most likely TE.
          • Jo Bilau has HUGE upside in my opinion. Dude made a difference right away on offense and defense.
          • I like our group of new guys, especially the Freshman.
          • There are no moral victories. Losing pisses me off. Shox should have won that game and had it right there for the taking.
          The set plays they run and the ones they don't run well are mostly the same ones FHCGM installed last year and this year before he became former. We didn't look so good last year even with more than 10 seconds left. lots of dribbling east and west and then throwing one up as the clock reached zero. I agree our offense is not pretty but I want to believe it is a lack of playing together the last couple of weeks.
          I agree we had better options on the last shot but from what has been said the guys did not execute the play that was called and it ended up in DD's hands. C'est la vie and go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

The set plays they run and the ones they don't run well are mostly the same ones FHCGM installed last year and this year before he became former. We didn't look so good last year even with more than 10 seconds left. lots of dribbling east and west and then throwing one up as the clock reached zero. I agree our offense is not pretty but I want to believe it is a lack of playing together the last couple of weeks.
            I agree we had better options on the last shot but from what has been said the guys did not execute the play that was called and it ended up in DD's hands. C'est la vie and go Shocks
            I’m optimistic about the offense so far. We’re getting into the lane, and as a result the foul line, with much more regularity. We are getting open looks from three but they’re not falling for one reason or another. We’ve just been ice cold, especially Trey Wade, from distance. Pretty typical for even the best WSU teams to struggle shooting early and get better as the year progresses. Why that is I don’t know. Normally we have our defense and rebounding to fall back on. Not so much so far this year (all caveats about the crazy circumstances still apply).

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’m optimistic about the offense so far. We’re getting into the lane, and as a result the foul line, with much more regularity. We are getting open looks from three but they’re not falling for one reason or another. We’ve just been ice cold, especially Trey Wade, from distance. Pretty typical for even the best WSU teams to struggle shooting early and get better as the year progresses. Why that is I don’t know. Normally we have our defense and rebounding to fall back on. Not so much so far this year (all caveats about the crazy circumstances still apply).
              Trey's shot has been awful this year .. He's 1-12 from 3 and many of them havent even been close. That said, he shot 35% from 3 his freshman year at UTEP, and 33% last year here ... so my hope is he can snap out of that. We don't need another Erik situation where someone spends all year trying to shot themselves out of a slump (Though historically, Trey is a better 3 pt shooter than Erik)

Comment

• We had bad shot clock execution when our team had Shamet, McDuffie and Frankamp. We're not close to that level right now with our outside shooting. Samaje, for all his faults, could get a shot off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  We had bad shot clock execution when our team had Shamet, McDuffie and Frankamp. We're not close to that level right now with our outside shooting. Samaje, for all his faults, could get a shot off.
                  I was thinking that .. the only year i can remember where we ended up on the RIGHT side of last seconds shots was the year with the 2 SHJ buzzer beaters and the Dexter Buzzer beater. Every other year, I just assume if it comes down to a last second shot, the other team is gonna make it or we will miss it.

Comment

• Kentucky
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Kentucky
                      x2

Comment

• “Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        Disagree immensely with your 80-120 evaluation. We will be top 50 at least be years end.”

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Well that only took four weeks! Are you ready to retract your silly little meme? RPI of 20, net of 53 and rising quickly!

Comment

Working...
                        X