Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread - Dec 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
    It doesn't sound like anybody is back until Monday.
    The CDC rules changed today... Just depends if they are allowed to follow those before Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      HCIB said they played whole game in breakdown offence due to so many guys playing positions they have not played before. Understand now why the O looked a bit like street ball.

TE - STUD
      CJ - STUD
      TREVIN - STUD
      AG - STUD

A lot to look forward to this year.

Did anyone hear the post game with TE? Fred 2.0
      Tyson 1.0. I hope we get to keep him for his junior year of eligibility.

Comment

• 1. Really hard to draw a lot of conclusions, given the situation.
        2, BUT, Jackson is a dawg. Might actually be 6'7", and long.
        3. He'd be a crowd favorite but there is no crowd.
        4. Gilbert was really good, I wanted to see more assists, tho.
        5. Love the way Tyson's shot looks.
        6. M is much improved, but we'll still be undersized and outmanned at the 5.
        7. TWJR is rocked up and works hard on D.
        8. DD was invisible. Damn.
        9. That's about as many 27 foot shots as you will ever see in one game.
        10. A lot to like, a lot not to like.

Comment

• Out of synch offense with no flow - playing street ball - with multiple guys playing positions they don't normally play - puts up 85 points. In their first game together in the first game of the season - against a team that's already played two games.

Maybe the offense didn't get a lot of style points, but I'll take "winning" points over style points any day. If they can put up 85 points playing what some observers on SN thought was brutal offense, I'll be glad to let them play that brutal offense.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles NCAAM game from December 2, 2020 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Maybe you’re right. I’m just used to a coach that coaches instead of letting them play street ball.
              Only on Shockernet do we get wild takes like this guy and is rolling out tonight.

Six minutes into the the first game of the year in which we had eight eligible players who weren’t even able to scrimmage 5 on 5 in practice, during a pandemic shortened year, after six key players transferred, our long time hall of fame coach resigned two weeks before the first game forcing a guy who has never been a head coach to step in on short notice and he’s already willing to make definitive statements about the coach and team.

Kudos to you for winning the lack of perspective or common sense award for game one.

Comment

• Poor Bear?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  CJ need to work on rebounding with BOTH hands!

That one-handed **** might cut at the JUCO level, but with the boyz in D-1.
                  You do realize that he led the team in rebounding with 8 boards. Not bad for 18 minutes. He and MU were the only ones going to the boards hard. Dexter Dennis and Tre Wade had very disappointing performances. ORU was pounding the stocks on the offensive glass. I counted 5 times were ORU just out hustled the shocks for loose balls. Still its a good win for Shocks but plenty of things to work on.

Not trying to put DD down but I grow tired of hearing about DD defense. His man scores at will. And DD gave the shocks 2 points tonight and 5 rebounds in 35 minutes. Yikes!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Gilbert has sucky FT shooting stats but he at least doesn't turn it over under pressure
                    He missed one FT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                      Gilbert, Trevin and CJ were impressive in their first D1 game.
                      Agreed although this was not Gilbert’s first D1 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Only on Shockernet do we get wild takes like this guy and is rolling out tonight.

Six minutes into the the first game of the year in which we had eight eligible players who weren’t even able to scrimmage 5 on 5 in practice, during a pandemic shortened year, after six key players transferred, our long time hall of fame coach resigned two weeks before the first game forcing a guy who has never been a head coach to step in on short notice and he’s already willing to make definitive statements about the coach and team.

Kudos to you for winning the lack of perspective or common sense award for game one.
                        Except he said after the game that because of the players that were out some guys had to play out of position so they weren’t running the offense, ie.... street ball. It made sense after he explained why they were playing that way. I just hope that they do t have to much longer.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

He missed one FT?
                          I’m guessing KW is referring to his UCONN numbers; they weren’t stellar for a point guard. Hopefully, he’s worked on it... at least he was pretty solid tonight.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Much to like about the game...much to have nightmares over. But, happy that a first step was finally taken on a season that will be like none other. Really liked Jackson’s energy. I’ll Etienne over Stevenson any day of the week. Udeze has improved..has a long way to go. Gilbert is going to help a lot. Dexter will get better. But, so happy for Isaac...now the coach with the best winning percentage of any Shocker coach in history.

Comment

He missed one FT?
                              Yeah he was great tonight ... meant his career stats. :)
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                CJ need to work on rebounding with BOTH hands!

That one-handed **** might cut at the JUCO level, but with the boyz in D-1.
                                CJ as in Clarence Jackson the leading rebounder this game? I didn’t notice that but seems easily fixable and if he can grab 8 boards one handed then I’m even more excited about him.

Comment

Working...
                                X