Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread - Dec 2, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Surprised the Shocks put up 38 points and a bit surprised we have the lead. Got nothing from Dexter.

Only 6 fouls so the guys did a good job with that.

Trev looks like he can be a pest on defense. Needs to be careful with the reaching. But he pretty much shut down Abams after his sizzling start.

Yeah. Officials definitely could have called his reaching. And probably will as the year goes on

But I like his energy. And leading in assists. Of course only 4 total assists....so.....doesn't mean a ton lol
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

A Gregg Marshall team lost to Louisiana Tech by 20 one year. Stop overreacting.
      Maybe you’re right. I’m just used to a coach that coaches instead of letting them play street ball.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Know what the score was at halftime last year against ORU?

36-33

Not bad so far HCIB.
        Not seeing the effort
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          Maybe you’re right. I’m just used to a coach that coaches instead of letting them play street ball.
          I didn't know Alaska had whine vineyards.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Haven’t read the thread, but have we been able to practice? Looks pretty rough. ORU has played two games, too.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Know what the score was at halftime last year against ORU?

36-33

Not bad so far HCIB.
              Agreed.

Gotta keep in mind that even in this crazy season, WSU has had arguably the most disruption out of any team in D1 .

Actually pretty sure thats not even an arguable statement... They HAVE had the most disruption out of any team in D1

Comment

Yeah tough to watch a much more undisciplined style.

I guess if it can produce results it will be ok. I just worry about what it will look like in the AAC. I have an idea of what i THINK it would look like against Houston....etc. Just hope I am wrong. Or that they work on it and grow, which could happen.

Its only the first game. So we will see!
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  Well....thank God for Gilbert
                  He has scored well, but didn't appear to look to get his teammates involved. I expect that to get better the more he plays in the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Haven’t read the thread, but have we been able to practice? Looks pretty rough. ORU has played two games, too.
                    We've been practicing 4 on 4 for the last few days. Only 8 able to practice

Comment

Not seeing the effort
                      I think they are being a bit passive in an effort to avoid foul trouble. They did a good job of that in the 1st so perhaps they can get a little more aggressive in the 2nd half. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah tough to watch a much more undisciplined style.

I guess if it can produce results it will be ok. I just worry about what it will look like in the AAC. I have an idea of what i THINK it would look like against Houston....etc. Just hope I am wrong. Or that they work on it and grow, which could happen.

Its only the first game. So we will see!
                        It will probably look like 30+ point losses against houston .... Oh wait ...

Comment

Not seeing the effort
                          I don't think you are looking to be honest. Your comments say your mind was made up before tip off

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He has scored well, but didn't appear to look to get his teammates involved. I expect that to get better the more he plays in the system.
                            Nobody did really. Only 4 assists on 14 baskets. That is quite poor.

Comment

• It was a first half of Shocker ball. Beats flying home from a road trip with nothing to show for it.

Shocks look a little ragged and rough around the edges. Not much help D. Offense looks completely out of sync. Somehow we lead by 2 at halftime against a team that is shooting the ball very well from outside. Wondering how much practice players have missed because of covid. I hope there is a little more fluidity to the play on offense 2nd half. I'll reserve any comments on individual play until the end of the game. This is a game of 2 halves. Maybe that was the Jeckyl...or Hyde. I don't know which one is better. Hopefully the better one will show up 2nd half. Lets go SHocks!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

True. But none of the guards really have. Little Wade maybe more than others. I wonder if that is more Gilbert or more game plan. Too early to tell

Comment

Working...
                                X