No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a fan of ES and defended him on this board.

That said, ES' best attributes are that he plays hard, rebounds well for a guard, and is an aggressive defender who can get steals. Yet, the media and some fans keep billing this guy as a pure shooter despite his big body of work (68 games) where he shot 29% of the arc. It is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen. Eric has been an average to a below-average shooter who can get very hot but is often very cold.

But yes, the jump shot is gorgeous....even those that clank off the side of the backboard.

Comment

Awesome win for Houston and the AAC. Loved it. Kevin Sampson kicked Chris Beard butt. all over the place..The refs did all they could to cheat for Texas Tech with many questionable calls but it was not enough. .Chris Beard is another overrated piece of garbage of a coach. Texas Tech will now move up in the rankings with this quality loss.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I wonder when the statue of Adolf Rupp will be taken down and all references to him are taken out of the record books. Sorry about the political commentary. Watched a couple of minutes of the Tulsa game which was about all I could stand
        Rupp had black players. John Thompson never had white players.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

JB will be a role player guy for TT his whole time there. They will be loaded with guards who are way more talented.
          When they were down 20, and made a run back in the last 8 minutes, JB never came off the floor.

Comment

Did JB know that Mac McClung was transferring to TT?

What a talent that McClung is. He sucks all the oxygen out of the room.

I bet JB hopes McClung goes to the draft after the season. If he doesn't it.....Nobody at TT will remember who JB was 2 weeks after he graduates.

Comment

NM

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Rupp had black players. John Thompson never had white players.
                Half right.. Rupp's first black player was in 1970 after the chancellor told him to even though he had tried to recruit Wes Unseld and Butch Beard earlier. Rupp retired two years later. John Thompson had no white players on his championship team nor the year after but he had several white players before and after but only one had significant minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Rupp had black players..
                  Not against Texas Western. That was a defining game for everyone.

Comment

Tulsa lost 69-58 to S Carolina. Both had 24 turn overs. SC shot48% against 40% for Tulsa. 3 pt shooting was 39-23% in favor of SC I guess the part I saw was each team turning it over so that was why I lost interest

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Tulsa lost 69-58 to S Carolina. Both had 24 turn overs. SC shot48% against 40% for Tulsa. 3 pt shooting was 39-23% in favor of SC I guess the part I saw was each team turning it over so that was why I lost interest
                      Did either team have starters out with Covid?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WSU beat Baylor here 2 years ago with at least 4 of the same student athletes that Washington faced yesterday.

Won by 8 here, lost by 34 yesterday. Hopefully the Washington kids are happy.

Coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          WSU beat Baylor here 2 years ago with at least 4 of the same student athletes that Washington faced yesterday.

Coaching.
                          Maybe ******* can do a follow up and see how all the transfers like their new coaches/teams

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            WSU beat Baylor here 2 years ago with at least 4 of the same student athletes that Washington faced yesterday.

Coaching.
                            Doc:

In basketball, it doesn’t matter if you get your ass kicked.

All that matters is that you have fun, hit 20% of your step back 3s, maybe throw down a couple dunks, all while having your coach tell you have brave, strong, and great you are.

Prepare them for the toughness of life? Why do that? Life shouldn’t be hard! That’s why everything will soon be easy and free! We are all brave, strong, and great!
                            The Assman

Comment

• Just my humble opinion that I am pretty sure I will be crucified for, but I believe AM was our
                              biggest loss. Last game in 20 min he was 10-12 and has rebounded well. Always thought he
                              was a valuable defensive player. Center will be our biggest question mark this season. Had he
                              stayed I think it could have been a strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                I don't hate on ES like most of you here. He will have some very good games and a good season mark my words. As for
                                the NBA I seriously doubt it but Europe bill be there if he wants it.
                                I generally don't hate on players/people either, but for him, I make an exception...what a doofus....hope all his games are bad ones...

Comment

Working...
                                X